The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown

+9
Good Golly I'm Olly
jimbopip
tigertattie
guildfordbat
Galted
JDizzle
JuliusHMarx
Crimey
Dolphin Ziggler
13 posters

Go down

Best Ways to Stay Sane in Lockdown

The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_lcap8%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_lcap3%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_lcap21%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 8 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_lcap3%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_lcap13%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 5 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_lcap8%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_lcap5%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_lcap5%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_lcap0%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_lcap10%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_lcap0%The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Empty The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 20 Apr 2020, 3:59 pm

Round Two has happened, round three is here. This one is best ways to stay sane in lockdown.

We are missing many picks in this, so I am leaving vote cancelling on as we see if they can get their choices in over the next few days and then we have the chance to change our votes. 

I'm going slow with this because we're all stuck and I'm giving people time to get picks in. However, I'm posting the topics of the next two rounds in a hope to speed things up. They are:

Round Four: Best TV Animal to be in lockdown with (an animal from a TV show)
Round Five: Your Favourite Poem

As ever, gimme a few choices.

Current Standings:

Guildford 11
King Carlos 11
Dolphin Ziggler 9
JDizzle 8
Beer 8
Well Past It 5 - controversy: Think I forgot to list Well Past It's choice. It was Porridge. I'll give him two points, although he hasn't sent for this round so we'll see.
Samo 4
Tiger Tattie 4
PJ 4
Luke 3
Dagless 3
Risca 3
Superfly 3
Soul 2
Jules 2
Jimbo 2

Crimey 1
Aflie 1
Galted 1

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Tue 28 Apr 2020, 1:23 pm; edited 4 times in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Empty Re: The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown

Post by Crimey Mon 20 Apr 2020, 4:10 pm

I went with the two I've being doing the most of.

Drinking & Twice daily sessions of deathmatch hide-and-seek with the cat.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown Empty Re: The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 20 Apr 2020, 4:14 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Jules 2
Galted 1

In your face, loser!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 20 Apr 2020, 6:34 pm

As a Welshman, it can only be watching hilarious English exits.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 20 Apr 2020, 8:46 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Jules 2
Galted 1

In your face, loser!

Get your jibes in now, once I get a bit of momentum I'll be unstoppable. You'd better hope there's no Barton Fink round.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 20 Apr 2020, 8:49 pm

Went for drinking and darts although I don't get to do either much.

Bwahahahahahahaha. Burble burble and learning an instrument were good alternatives though.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 20 Apr 2020, 8:57 pm

Did the honourable thing in not voting for my nomination last time but if it's between you lot and my granddaughter ... you lot have no chance! Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 20 Apr 2020, 10:20 pm

I’m beating jimbo. Woohoo

Though I can work out his picks so I’m not voting for them laughing
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 21 Apr 2020, 10:12 am

Damn you and your Luvvie ways. Next time I'm in Brotheltoun I'll unpick the stitching on your Kaffe Fasset limited edition pastel shades 1997 replica Queensferry barbarians croquet top. (sleeveless)

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Apr 2020, 10:13 am

Other - watching the Office UK on loop.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 21 Apr 2020, 10:26 am

jimbopip wrote:Damn you and your Luvvie ways. Next time I'm in Brotheltoun I'll unpick the stitching on your Kaffe Fasset limited edition pastel shades 1997 replica Queensferry barbarians croquet top. (sleeveless)

It is your flowery language that gives you away Jimbo.

Your options are fully formed and grammatically correct sentences.

Other posters make choices such as:
“Drinking”
“Darts”
“Sex stuff”

Then you come out with
“Binge watching Scandi-Noir thrillers and noting every word which has an English/Scottish homophone then using those words to predict the government's Exit Strategy”

It stands out like Trump hiding among the delegates at a meeting of the Chinese Feminist Association

I sometimes wonder how you ended up as a Glasgow fan! You don’t grunt enough!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 21 Apr 2020, 10:53 am

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Hug

See you. See malkie. You're claimed so you are.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu 23 Apr 2020, 7:09 pm

What's driving me mad is "I CAN'T GET A HAIR CUT". I feel like I am regressing back to my late teens, think early seventies, full beard, massive flares, paisley patterned shirts BIG rounded collars.

At least I can trim my hairy face and I don't have to wear the clothes, but I am starting to look like Martin Lewis ( the Money Box version)

I think I am going to set the trimmer to 10mm and do the lot, then I would be like Martin Lewis the "Money Expert".
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 23 Apr 2020, 9:43 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:What's driving me mad is "I CAN'T GET A HAIR CUT". I feel like I am regressing back to my late teens, think early seventies, full beard, massive flares, paisley patterned shirts BIG rounded collars.

At least I can trim my hairy face and I don't have to wear the clothes, but I am starting to look like Martin Lewis ( the Money Box version)

I think I am going to set the trimmer to 10mm and do the lot, then I would be like Martin Lewis the "Money Expert".

I went the whole hog and shaved it without a guard, not sure if I look more zombie or Hitler youth now. Has done wonders helping people with their social distancing on my afternoon walks.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 24 Apr 2020, 9:29 am

I'm aiming for Robin Williams in Jumanji when this is all over. 

The COVID-19 Culture Cup - Round Three Voting - Best Way to Stay Sane in Lockdown 9k=

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 24 Apr 2020, 9:47 am

Galted wrote:
WELL-PAST-IT wrote:What's driving me mad is "I CAN'T GET A HAIR CUT". I feel like I am regressing back to my late teens, think early seventies, full beard, massive flares, paisley patterned shirts BIG rounded collars.

I went the whole hog and shaved it without a guard, not sure if I look more zombie or Hitler youth now.  Has done wonders helping people with their social distancing on my afternoon walks.

What... no Revolutionary Army Guard standing at a safe distance when you shaved your head? I really admire your bravery and audacity, Galted.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 24 Apr 2020, 10:36 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:

I went the whole hog and shaved it without a guard, not sure if I look more zombie or Hitler youth now.  Has done wonders helping people with their social distancing on my afternoon walks.

What... no Revolutionary Army Guard standing at a safe distance when you shaved your head? I really admire your bravery and audacity, Galted.

Nope, they're surplus to requirements now that the cat's reached level 10 stealth and level 12 throat takedowns.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 24 Apr 2020, 8:25 pm

For all the votes for drinking, whats everyones poison during lockdown? I've been indulging in Venom this evening. 25ml vodka, 25ml southern comfort, a blue WKD and a splash of orange juice. 3 of these and Im anybodies,

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 24 Apr 2020, 9:38 pm

Samo wrote:For all the votes for drinking, whats everyones poison during lockdown?  I've been indulging in Venom this evening.  25ml vodka, 25ml southern comfort, a blue WKD and a splash of orange juice.  3 of these and Im anybodies,

Sounds a bit lethal.

My wife controls any potential enjoyment of mine through a system of threats, nagging and criticism, but today I was allowed a Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer and a Sharp's Doom Bar.

I miss the days when I'd continually experiment trying to find the real-life equivalent of a Flaming Homer/Moe.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 25 Apr 2020, 9:52 am

Galted, one of the most pleasant surprises of visiting Universal Studios theme park in Orlando is that next to the Simpson's ride there is a Mo's tavern. Very Happy
It is fairly standard plastic theme park burger and chips BUT opposite it, by the side of the lake, is an outdoor bar area. The big surprise is that instead of stocking it with generic Bud type lager they invited local microbreweries to submit their wares and then chose a handful to sell.
I didn't have a Flaming Moe but I have had a couple of really good beers there. Ale guinness

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 25 Apr 2020, 12:05 pm

jimbopip wrote:Galted, one of the most pleasant surprises of visiting Universal Studios theme park in Orlando is that next to the Simpson's ride there is a Mo's tavern. Very Happy
It is fairly standard plastic theme park burger and chips BUT opposite it, by the side of the lake, is an outdoor bar area. The big surprise is that instead of stocking it with generic Bud type lager they invited local microbreweries to submit their wares and then chose a handful to sell.
I didn't have a Flaming Moe but I have had a couple of really good beers there. Ale guinness

Cheers, Jimbo.

Visit the US every year or two and haven't got to Florida yet but a real-life Moe's tavern sounds worth a visit.  Will try the local beers and add a bit of cough mixture and flame.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 25 Apr 2020, 12:57 pm

No probs Galted. The Orlando area is quite surprising in terms of beer. At the start or March we we in a Flippers pizza joint, think greasy spoon cafe but doing very tasty home made pizzas, and when I asked what beer they had the waitress said four local craft ales! She was also very knowledgeable with her suggestions. The beer in Orlando is probably one it's more pleasant surprises.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sun 26 Apr 2020, 10:48 am

Running by the canal is disapproved of now, apparently you can catch Covid-19 from the houseboats or people that live on them, if they are outside. I am being serious, around my way the put up signs telling people not to use the tow path for exercise.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 27 Apr 2020, 9:02 am

I wouldn't be seen dead near a towpath.

I've watched too many Inspector Morse / Endeavour episodes and I now realise they are very dangerous places to loiter about.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 28 Apr 2020, 2:13 am

New round tomorrow. Be warned, there is a new round tomorrow. If you haven’t sent in picks, the best thing to do would be to send in your picks.

Also one poster’s selection in this round is docked points for lobbying for support outside the group. He knows who he is.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 28 Apr 2020, 9:37 am

If he has more points than me...be draconian.
If it's tigertattie leave him alone: living in Luvvietoon is punishment enough.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 28 Apr 2020, 9:37 am

I bet he stayed home, saved lives and supported the NHS.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 28 Apr 2020, 10:30 am

Beer wrote:I bet he stayed home, saved lives and supported the NHS.

That looks suspiciously like lobbying for support; "Look at me I'm being sensible and supporting the NHS" Dock him, Flipper.

p.s. They say every day is a school day. Yesterday I learnt that it's not a great idea to annoy your wife on the morning Amazon deliver the electric hair clippers. picard

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 28 Apr 2020, 10:35 am

He made it personal first. I was late with my pick, should I really be punished for that?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 28 Apr 2020, 11:40 am

Yes you should be punished. With extra points deducted for complaining.

Current Standings:

Guildford 11
King Carlos 11
Dolphin Ziggler 9
JDizzle 8
Beer 8 ********
Well Past It 5 - controversy: Think I forgot to list Well Past It's choice. It was Porridge. I'll give him two points, although he hasn't sent for this round so we'll see.
Samo 4
Tiger Tattie 4
PJ 4
Luke 3
Dagless 3
Risca 3
Superfly 3
Soul 2
Jules 2
Jimbo 2 ********

Crimey 1
Aflie 1
Galted 1

The asterisk tells the story. Whistle

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 28 Apr 2020, 11:49 am

Hahahahaha!

What message does this send to our key workers?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 28 Apr 2020, 1:07 pm

Beer wrote:Hahahahaha!

What message does this send to our key workers?

It says, "Vote Jimbo Hug You know it makes sense. oh yeah "

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down