Tyson v Holyfield III

Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by Duty281 on Fri 15 May 2020, 3:27 pm

The fight that hardly anyone wants to see is picking up momentum, with Tyson posting training videos on Instagram and declaring that he's 'back', whilst Holyfield has said in an interview that he's open to a third Tyson fight if the money is right.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/705286/evander-holyfield-mike-tyson-instagram-video-workout-comeback-fight/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CADjPgOl_Nw/

Maybe it won't be Holyfield who Tyson comes back against, however. Paddy Power are offering 4/1 that he rematches Lennox Lewis, or an outside 25/1 on a third Bruno fight.

If only there were a sane boxing board of control that could stop this madness.

Duty281

Posts : 21548
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by superflyweight on Fri 15 May 2020, 3:47 pm

400/1 for a rematch with Lewis would still not be an attractive bet.

He should come back against Pete McNeeley again.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6652
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by rapidringsroad on Fri 15 May 2020, 11:58 pm

Who in their right mind would pay to watch two 50 odd year old has beens shuffling around a ring for ten rounds? I remember when Foreman and Holmes wanted to fight each other when they were 50 and no promoter was interested in putting the show on. George was only shuffling around when he was 45 and won the title from Moore, I don't think Tyson would have beaten anyone of note at that age.

rapidringsroad

Posts : 431
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 83
Location : Coromandel New Zealand

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 17 May 2020, 2:42 pm

If Tyson is coming back he should be a given a crack at Fury as a legend.....Ali....Louis...Jeffries....Got shots when they were past it..Leonard v Hagler..

The fight would be more than a stupid gimmick..

Rather it didn't happen of course but a hiding from Lewis hurts just as bad and it would be a huge occasion for Boxing....

Fury v Tyson..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39057
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by Duty281 on Sun 17 May 2020, 5:25 pm

rapidringsroad wrote:Who in their right mind would pay to watch two 50 odd year old has beens shuffling around a ring for ten rounds? I remember when Foreman and Holmes wanted to fight each other when they were 50 and no promoter was interested in putting the show on. George was only shuffling around when he was 45 and won the title from Moore, I don't think Tyson would have beaten anyone of note at that age.

Even though it would be a non-event, like Mayweather/McGregor, I think Tyson's name would attract a lot of casual viewers to watch. Hopefully it won't happen.

Duty281

Posts : 21548
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by melv500 on Mon 18 May 2020, 4:41 pm

Duty281 wrote:
rapidringsroad wrote:Who in their right mind would pay to watch two 50 odd year old has beens shuffling around a ring for ten rounds? I remember when Foreman and Holmes wanted to fight each other when they were 50 and no promoter was interested in putting the show on. George was only shuffling around when he was 45 and won the title from Moore, I don't think Tyson would have beaten anyone of note at that age.

Even though it would be a non-event, like Mayweather/McGregor, I think Tyson's name would attract a lot of casual viewers to watch. Hopefully it won't happen.

Agree. All the mupets who lap up all the Matchroom PPV will be all over this.

melv500

Posts : 389
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by Mr Bounce on Tue 19 May 2020, 9:58 pm

It's ridiculous. I though about going back to rugby in my late 30s. It was casually (and carefully) pointed out to me that I had had 2x shoulder operations, my left knee was suspect and my healing powers of my early 20s had deserted me.

Anything over 1 round for these guys and it'll be an embarrassment. Stop trying to relive your past. You aren't as good as you once were.

Want to relive the 80s? Buy a Ford Sierra. You'll soon realise that it wasn't as good as you remember.

Mr Bounce

Posts : 2462
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : East of Florida, West of Felixstowe

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 20 May 2020, 9:13 am

The 80s...Holmes...Spinks...Holyfield...Leonard...Hagler...Hearns...Benitez...Curry....Sanchez...Chavez.. Bramble...Tyson...Taylor.. Whittaker...Gomez...Arguello...Pryor...Nelson...Camacho....Duran...Rosario....McCallum...Jackson...Norris...Benn....Eubank...etc..

Only two titles for much of it..

You know what ??...Probably better than the brilliant era I remember.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39057
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by superflyweight on Wed 20 May 2020, 11:08 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The 80s...Holmes...Spinks...Holyfield...Leonard...Hagler...Hearns...Benitez...Curry....Sanchez...Chavez.. Bramble...Tyson...Taylor.. Whittaker...Gomez...Arguello...Pryor...Nelson...Camacho....Duran...Rosario....McCallum...Jackson...Norris...Benn....Eubank...etc..

Only two titles for much of it..

You know what ??...Probably better than the brilliant era I remember.

No mention of Honeyghan?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6652
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by Soul Requiem on Wed 20 May 2020, 11:25 am

Mayweather, Pacquiao, Ward, Golovkin, Kovalev, Alvarez, Gonzalez, Donaire, Rigondeaux, Crawford, Marquez, Usyk, Spence, Garcia, Lomachenko, Miura, Nishioka, Uchiyama and Inoue are a match for anyone on the world stage and have all fought a fair few big fights during the past 10 years but America doesn't have the dominance it had in the 80's so a lot of them get overlooked.

Domestically in the UK it's just as strong as it was in the 80's (08-16 was the real apex in that regard); Froch, Groves, Frampton, Degale, Joshua, Fury, Taylor, Brook, Smith, Warrington, Selby, Quigg and Saunders have all been deserved world champions at one time or another.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 2091
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 20 May 2020, 1:12 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:Mayweather, Pacquiao, Ward, Golovkin, Kovalev, Alvarez, Gonzalez, Donaire, Rigondeaux, Crawford, Marquez, Usyk, Spence, Garcia, Lomachenko, Miura, Nishioka, Uchiyama and Inoue are a match for anyone on the world stage and have all fought a fair few big fights during the past 10 years but America doesn't have the dominance it had in the 80's so a lot of them get overlooked.

Domestically in the UK it's just as strong as it was in the 80's (08-16 was the real apex in that regard); Froch, Groves, Frampton, Degale, Joshua, Fury, Taylor, Brook, Smith, Warrington, Selby, Quigg and Saunders have all been deserved world champions at one time or another.

Where do they compare in the ATG lists ????....Leonard and Duran ahead of Mayweather/Paccy.....Spinks higher than Ward....Virgil Hill who isn't even on my list is higher than Kovolev....Hagler higher than Alvarez....Gomez/Sanchez/Nelson all higher than Donaire and Rigondeux..Chavez/Whittaker and Taylor slap Marquez/Crawford around....Holyfield kills Usyk....Whittaker too clever for Lomo..

Your post is bollox and you know it !!!

Oh and Honeyghan... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39057
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by Soul Requiem on Wed 20 May 2020, 1:34 pm

Mayweather and Pacquiao are good as anyone between 130-147lbs, we're talking about minute differences between that pair and Leonard/Duran. I'd take Donaire over Gomez and Nelson personally especially when you take into account, for a few years he was a one man highlight reel between Flyweight and super bantamweight before facing the mercurial Rigondeaux, Crawford is too good for Taylor and whilst it pains me to say it is probably too clever for Chavez, Whitaker however would probably make him and Lomachenko look average.

There's far more to boxing than big names in America.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 2091
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by Mr Bounce on Thu 21 May 2020, 5:30 pm

https://fightnews.com/briggs-says-briggs-tyson-clash-is-official/74537

Well he would, wouldn't he.

Mr Bounce

Posts : 2462
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : East of Florida, West of Felixstowe

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by The Beast on Mon 25 May 2020, 10:33 am

melv500 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
rapidringsroad wrote:Who in their right mind would pay to watch two 50 odd year old has beens shuffling around a ring for ten rounds? I remember when Foreman and Holmes wanted to fight each other when they were 50 and no promoter was interested in putting the show on. George was only shuffling around when he was 45 and won the title from Moore, I don't think Tyson would have beaten anyone of note at that age.

Even though it would be a non-event, like Mayweather/McGregor, I think Tyson's name would attract a lot of casual viewers to watch. Hopefully it won't happen.

Agree. All the mupets who lap up all the Matchroom PPV will be all over this.

100% agreed. If anyone wants an idea of how bad this could be have a look at the UFC "fight" Tito Ortiz (43 years old) v Chuck Liddell (48) from 2018, sad and frankly embarrassing Ortiz v Liddell III

The Beast

Posts : 1132
Join date : 2012-04-21
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by 88Chris05 on Mon 25 May 2020, 7:49 pm

Isn't boxing in enough trouble without these freak shows? We've already had the absolute jokes that were Mayweather-McGregor and, worse still, KSI versus Logan Paul. No other major sport would allow itself to be whored out to be the vanity project of two clowns like that. The fact that it was considered the biggest boxing 'event' of the year by some is a sad indictment of the state boxing is in right now.

But there are some people you just can't reason with, and they're the ones who will be lapping this guff up. Half of them are talking about how Tyson could come back and knock Wilder out right now. No hope for them.
88Chris05
88Chris05
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9023
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 32
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by No name Bertie on Tue 26 May 2020, 6:26 am

Does anyone know about Testosterone Hormone Replacement Therapy? I heard somewhere that both may be able to get exemptions for testosterone use (as part of THRT) because as the male body gets older testosterone levels fall. Apparently those testosterone dopers of the past often have enhanced falls in testosterone levels once they come off of it (after their normal sporting career).

No name Bertie

Posts : 2104
Join date : 2017-02-24

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 26 May 2020, 7:36 am

Testosterone levels diminish by age....When you are at your peak say 21...Test levels are generally in the 900-1000 range....When you are pushing 50 like me down to about 600...Then to about 400 in Pensioners...Basically therapy is used for when the production of red cell production gets inhibited because test isn't being produced at requisite levels....Red blood cells help fight infection...

Generally 200 mg of Test Cyp or Enth is prescribed a week..

In my old bodybuilding days I'd take 400mg of Test E/C a week...Maybe a cutting drug like Primobolin with it...Hide it in the garage so red couldn't find it.

I didn't abuse the stuff though like others that took up to 800/1000 mg....Unfortunately they are the ones who need Test replacement because with all that artificial test pumping through their body the testes stopped making it naturally for good instead of temporarily..

These days I tend to pop a viagra an hour before training as it gives me a great pump in the gym..

Anyway hope this helped.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39057
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by superflyweight on Tue 26 May 2020, 9:14 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Testosterone levels diminish by age....When you are at your peak say 21...Test levels are generally in the 900-1000 range....When you are pushing 50 like me down to about 600...Then to about 400 in Pensioners...Basically therapy is used for when the production of red cell production gets inhibited because test isn't being produced at requisite levels....Red blood cells help fight infection...

Generally 200 mg of Test Cyp or Enth is prescribed a week..

In my old bodybuilding days I'd take 400mg of Test E/C a week...Maybe a cutting drug like Primobolin with it...Hide it in the garage so red couldn't find it.

I didn't abuse the stuff though like others that took up to 800/1000 mg....Unfortunately they are the ones who need Test replacement because with all that artificial test pumping  through their body the testes stopped making it naturally for good instead of temporarily..

These days I tend to pop a viagra an hour before training as it gives me a great pump in the gym..


Anyway hope this helped.

Only way to get better is to train harder.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6652
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 26 May 2020, 10:12 am

superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Testosterone levels diminish by age....When you are at your peak say 21...Test levels are generally in the 900-1000 range....When you are pushing 50 like me down to about 600...Then to about 400 in Pensioners...Basically therapy is used for when the production of red cell production gets inhibited because test isn't being produced at requisite levels....Red blood cells help fight infection...

Generally 200 mg of Test Cyp or Enth is prescribed a week..

In my old bodybuilding days I'd take 400mg of Test E/C a week...Maybe a cutting drug like Primobolin with it...Hide it in the garage so red couldn't find it.

I didn't abuse the stuff though like others that took up to 800/1000 mg....Unfortunately they are the ones who need Test replacement because with all that artificial test pumping  through their body the testes stopped making it naturally for good instead of temporarily..

These days I tend to pop a viagra an hour before training as it gives me a great pump in the gym..


Anyway hope this helped.

Only way to get better is to train harder.

Talking about HIT training....Not jogging with a little dumbell in both hands..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39057
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by Duty281 on Tue 26 May 2020, 10:30 pm

Today Tyson Fury has said that he's been offered the chance to take on Iron Mike in an exhibition bout. Lord, have mercy...

That's Holyfield, Briggs and Fury all rumoured to be Tyson's comeback opponent, most likely in a 3/4 round contest.

Duty281

Posts : 21548
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by rodders on Wed 27 May 2020, 10:03 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Testosterone levels diminish by age....When you are at your peak say 21...Test levels are generally in the 900-1000 range....When you are pushing 50 like me down to about 600...Then to about 400 in Pensioners...Basically therapy is used for when the production of red cell production gets inhibited because test isn't being produced at requisite levels....Red blood cells help fight infection...

Generally 200 mg of Test Cyp or Enth is prescribed a week..

In my old bodybuilding days I'd take 400mg of Test E/C a week...Maybe a cutting drug like Primobolin with it...Hide it in the garage so red couldn't find it.

I didn't abuse the stuff though like others that took up to 800/1000 mg....Unfortunately they are the ones who need Test replacement because with all that artificial test pumping  through their body the testes stopped making it naturally for good instead of temporarily..

These days I tend to pop a viagra an hour before training as it gives me a great pump in the gym..

Anyway hope this helped.

Apparently Mike getting stem cell injections too. He's looking in great shape in fairness but Evander looks very slow.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25500
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Tyson v Holyfield III Empty Re: Tyson v Holyfield III

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum