The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubois vs Joyce - Is Either Ready for the Other?

Go down

Dubois vs Joyce - Is Either Ready for the Other? Empty Dubois vs Joyce - Is Either Ready for the Other?

Post by Mr Bounce on Mon 31 Aug 2020, 10:33 pm

Ignoring the build up to this fight which has reached fever pitch by the promoters, is either fighter ready for the meteoric rise that is being bestowed on them? Joyce is about as comfortable in front of the camera as a 12 year old on Blue Peter, so isn't exactly marketable, although he is a fairly competent boxer with a big man's punch, whereas Dubois is supposed to be the second coming of Mike Tyson if you believe his fans/promoter/everything being written about him.

Joyce has looked ok-ish generally giving a measured beat-down to his opponents whereas Dubois has been laying out the unsurprisingly low-level victims lined up to make him look good. But IS he that good? Personally I don't really see it from either of them. Laying out the likes of Wallisch and Snijders is all very well, and relatively entertaining, but they're nobodies in the grand scheme of things. Jennings and Johnson aside, all were pretty much cannon fodder.

I am yearning for a fight the likes of Lewis vs Mason back in 1991. I think I am going to get something a long way from that.

This fight goes something like this: Dubois goes all in early, throws bombs, catches Joyce, Joyce goes over, gets up, barrage follows, RSF. OR Dubois realises that Joyce is in fact better than he thought and is constantly picked off by Joyce in a scrappy but unanimous decision. I really hope that they actually just go in there and bomb the hell out of each other, but this is unlikely.

Am I the only one unexcited by this?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Dubois vs Joyce - Is Either Ready for the Other? Empty Re: Dubois vs Joyce - Is Either Ready for the Other?

Post by Soul Requiem on Tue 01 Sep 2020, 11:35 am

I touched upon this on another thread over the weekend but I tend to feel that the hype is largely because Frank Warren has nothing else to offer in terms of interesting fights so builds up a decent domestic fight as a world title eliminator when it's nothing of the sort.

Dubois is young and has time to improve but i'm not sold on what i've seen from him so far, beating up absolute nobodies in the hope that the paying public are duped into thinking his opponents relative lack of losses means that they are legitimate fights, from what i've seen it appears to have worked to some extent with many believing he has the beating of AJ. Such an opinion is frankly ridiculous, were he DD to fight White for instance he'd get blown away in double quick time, he hits hard but is also so open to hit for anyone willing to throw.

Joyce I do quite like the look of but at 34 he doesn't have a lot of scope for improvement, puts his punches together well and has a fairly tight defence. His record isn't great by any stretch but he's mixed with some decent fighters like Jennings who is no mug.

Joyce by mid to late round stoppage when well clear on the scorecards for me.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Dubois vs Joyce - Is Either Ready for the Other? Empty Re: Dubois vs Joyce - Is Either Ready for the Other?

Post by Jeff Navarro on Wed 02 Sep 2020, 10:20 am

Dubois looks good against the somewhat mediocre opposition he’s faced but Joyce is a very different kettle of fish. He can bang as well. No one knows how Dubois will react when he’s clocked on the chin.
One thing to bear in mind, Dubois is now WBO #2, so if they call an interim title fight with Usyk the Joyce fight might not happen.

Jeff Navarro

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethan Shaw on Sun 11 Oct 2020, 11:29 am

It is going to be a great fight! Excited to see it could be a real 50 50

Ethan Shaw

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY on Mon 12 Oct 2020, 12:06 am

Wow been ages since I came on here, surprised is still about....

As for this fight Joyce wins easy, there is many reasons why, my question to the Dubois pickers is... How does Dubois win if he does not land the big so called shot on Joyce. This to an extent is like Fury v Wilder, Joyce is the Fury in this. Dubois has a jab yes and Joyce people will argue is slower. A trainer once said “I will take the fighter who is quick rather than the one who is fast, speed is in the body, quickness is in the mind’ “Virgil Hunter”. The easy prediction is to say if Joyce takes him deep he wins... Dubois fight against journeyman Kevin Johnson proves he does not have the ring intelligence to stop a decent opponent as he tries with single shots, he don’t have the combinations to get an opponent out of a decent level. Joyce will catch him once and that will be it. I’m going for Joyce rounds 4-6.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Yesterday at 10:25 pm

I am really excited about this fight and I really hope that it delivers for us. I was very impressed with Joyce at the Olympics and it seemed like a robbery for the gold medal, but since then he's hardly set the world on fire. He is a massive guy but seems to be missing something, I can't put my finger on it but hopefully Chris will come along and give his his tuppence worth. He, oddly enough, does remind me of Gary Mason, in that he just seems a bit off of top level and his punches look like pats when you are not on the receiving end of them.
I shifted my interests towards DD. I must say that I think you're wrong, Mister Bounce, about him not being proven yet. I think that he's a handful for everyone except Fury. I was interested to see what other people felt, and it gee'd me up towards thinking Joyce DID have a chance. He's a cute fighter who is unshowy compared to a big clubber such as DD. I really hope that his ringmanship and experience will help make it competitive!
Cheers
andy

Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Yesterday at 10:52 pm

Tony Yoka comprehensively beat Joyce in Rio it has to be said, a case cant be made for a reversal.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum