The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diego Maradona Has Died

+2
westisbest
Duty281
6 posters

Go down

Diego Maradona Has Died Empty Diego Maradona Has Died

Post by Duty281 Wed 25 Nov 2020, 5:00 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54810392

Very sad news. Of course he's been in ill health and battled demons for a while, but 60 is still no age.

I regard him as the greatest footballer of all time, and my favourite to go back and see montages of at his prime.

Rest in peace, Maradona.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Diego Maradona Has Died Empty Re: Diego Maradona Has Died

Post by westisbest Wed 25 Nov 2020, 5:25 pm

Yes sad news. One of, if not the greatest players of all time.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu 26 Nov 2020, 12:08 am

No tears from me. Turns out he was not only a class A drug user but a dealer as well. Putting aside the 'Hand of God' goal, respect his football, abhor his lifestyle.

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 26 Nov 2020, 12:52 pm

Undoubtedly a flawed genius. His performance in the 86 quarter final was a microcosm of both Maradona and football generally - one goal of sublime skill and one from blatant cheating.

As a player, undoubtedly one of the top 3 of all time, and should be remembered for that. As a person...

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 26 Nov 2020, 8:14 pm

R.I.P. Diego Maradona.

He was never a favourite of mine, but he was for me, in my lifetime, the greatest footballer I have had the pleasure to watch. Sure, some might say Messi or any of the Ronaldo's were better but for pure raw talent, Maradona has them all beat.

As for cheating thing, football is rife with cheating and players who cheat. It's got so bad, that I imagine it's now part of the training sessions on how to dive and grab your head to con the ref and the linesmen. Besides, if back at the 1986 World Cup, the ball came off Gary Linekar's hand and into the Argentina net, does anyone really think that Linekar or any of the other English players would have run up to the referee telling him not to give the goal?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri 27 Nov 2020, 12:01 am

Not sure that is the greatest of comparisons. Gary was never booked or sent off in his entire career, let alone cheat!

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Fri 27 Nov 2020, 12:19 am

BlueCoverman wrote:Not sure that is the greatest of comparisons. Gary was never booked or sent off in his entire career, let alone cheat!
I wasn't comparing the two of them, just making the point that if the ball had came off Linekar's hand and gone into the net, I'm sure he and the rest of the England players would not have run up to the net saying not to give the goal. Use any England player that you like, none of them would have complained if the ball came off their hand and went into the net.

Atila

BlueCoverman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 27 Nov 2020, 7:31 am

Undoubtedly deeply flawed in many ways but still the consummate magician on the football field and an inspiration to millions of his countrymen and aspiring young footballers everywhere.
Regardless of what some of us might think of aspects of his personality I think this thread is best kept for a respectful farewell.

RIP Diego.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down