The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would win the league?????

+6
BamBam
No 7&1/2
Pete330v2
LordDowlais
Old Man
TightHEAD
10 posters

Go down

Who would win the league?????

Who would win the league????? Vote_lcap10%Who would win the league????? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Who would win the league????? Vote_lcap0%Who would win the league????? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who would win the league????? Vote_lcap10%Who would win the league????? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Who would win the league????? Vote_lcap70%Who would win the league????? Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 7 ]
Who would win the league????? Vote_lcap0%Who would win the league????? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Who would win the league????? Empty Who would win the league?????

Post by TightHEAD Fri 05 Mar 2021, 9:34 am

Saw this question online, interesting.

If 15 teams fielded 15 players who all played in the same position i.e. 15 Props, 15 fullbacks or 15 Flankers.  Which position would win the league?

Discuss......
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Who would win the league????? Empty Re: Who would win the league?????

Post by Old Man Fri 05 Mar 2021, 10:17 am

Midfield or backrows

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 05 Mar 2021, 11:06 am

Flankers all day.

In fact, I dream of a day where Wales can field 15 Justin Tipruric's. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Fri 05 Mar 2021, 11:17 am

It's tough one, flankers these days have both physicality and speed however, centres these days have both physicality and speed.
I've opted for the centres though with the added skill sets they would come out on top marginally.

P.S. Who voted for props? Own up, you know it was you.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 05 Mar 2021, 11:27 am

Flankers particularly opensides probably have the best overall skillset. In this made up world though youd better not hope for knock ons or the props or hookers would win by injuring the other team out of the game through contested scrums.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 05 Mar 2021, 11:32 am

Front row surely have to be grouped. A XV of Vunipola, LCD, Sinckler, Furlong, Brits, Coles, Marx types would be great to watch

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 05 Mar 2021, 11:49 am

BamBam wrote:Front row surely have to be grouped. A XV of Vunipola, LCD, Sinckler, Furlong, Brits, Coles, Marx types would be great to watch

Commentator on the Tigers Vs Bristol game last week brought up a little fact that Tigers replacement loosehead Whitcombe had won the England under 20s drop goal tournament from when they were in squad having a bit of down time during the junior 6N last year. Be wary of the big lads, some have surprising skill sets.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Fri 05 Mar 2021, 1:13 pm

Would have to feel flanker.  They are use to the frontwards work where as centres are only use to meeting the pack and then running away once they have passed on the ball.

Scrum halves would finish bottom as everyone would enjoy flattening them.  I can't think of any play they would be best or second best, other then maybe goal kicking.

Scrum would probably be won by frontrows but I think backrowers would be second.  Locks I think might find frontrow hard being so tall.  Worst is scrum halves or flyhalves.

Lineouts would be won by locks as they would be so high up that it would be hard to get the ball past them. Backrowers second as currently some of them do lineouts. Props would struggle as not sure they would be as agile as scrum halves so might struggle to get air time to win balls. I would love to see Furlong being lifted by two other front rowers though.

General open play I figure centres and backrowers would be best.

Game I'd like to see most would be wings v props.  It would be end to end.  Tough the speed at which they go end to end might be contrasting.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri 05 Mar 2021, 3:35 pm

Head went straight to flankers followed by centres, the most versatile players in the backs and forwards.

For a game I'd probably say flankers. But for a season I'd wonder about locks, don't have any stats on injuries by position but
after 6 games there'd be no flankers left to field a team,
front rows can't even last 80 minutes anymore and are always down on one knee looking for a breather, the games would never finish.
Centres would all end up on concussion protocol.
Back 3 would be required to be involved for 80 minutes so that'd be their hamstrings kaput.
And a team of scrum halves or outhalves, shudder the thought, the game wouldn't happen as they'd just be moaning to the ref like 15 whaling sirens.

Locks have the longevity, it wouldn't be a pretty but they'd be the darkhorses for any championship. (and I was never a lock.. i'd be down on one knee looking for a breather in case you think i'm voting for my own kind!)

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 05 Mar 2021, 5:42 pm

BamBam wrote:Front row surely have to be grouped. A XV of Vunipola, LCD, Sinckler, Furlong, Brits, Coles, Marx types would be great to watch
They might score one try, then keel over with exhaustion if they had to run 80 yards after a kickoff (although having Graucho Marx on the team would be fun)....

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down