The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done Scottish Lions

+19
BigGee
thefinalthistle
No 7&1/2
BamBam
flyhalffactory
MichaelT
Soul Requiem
Old Man
WELL-PAST-IT
nlpnlp
lostinwales
doctor_grey
BigTrevsbigmac
funnyExiledScot
Geordie
LordDowlais
TJ
R!skysports
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Well done Scottish Lions - Page 2 Empty Well done Scottish Lions

Post by R!skysports Mon 19 Jul 2021, 1:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Putting this on a separate thread as the main thread is all about togetherness

After the years of being in the wilderness and being mocked as not being good enough to tour, or play, it is great to see how well our boys are doing

Even this tour we were told 1 or 2 would be deserved, maybe 3 or 4 to up the quota  furious

We always knew a lot of our players were as good as the other nations, but it is really great to see them show the world and really silence the critics.

They are not too small
They are not too defensive
They are not too flaky
They are not poor at defence

With the lions tests around the corner, almost all our players are putting their hand up to start in the tests

Price - by far the best scrum half on tour
Harris - Really solid in defence, the best link man and much better in attack than anyone thought
Sutherland - really great performances - and in with a real shout of starting, in a very competitive position
Watson - unbelievable performances, time and time again. Curry has been great too, but has also had quiet / poor halves. Both up there as the best around
WDM - Poor defence - not shown that so far. Such a dangerous strike runner, making space for others, and almost always breaking the first tackle. Might not start, but more due to balance than ability
Faegason - The weakest Scot, but has grown into the games. Won't start or bench, but will do a good job if called on
Hogg - Still dangerous and still strong in defence.  One players other teams don't want to face.
Russel - Showed why he is there before got injured. Overly criticised for same mistakes other make (imagine if he had played like Farrel in the last game :-0), but shrugs it off. Would be on bench if not injured

Well done to you all - you make us proud and it is great to be able to discuss how good they all are - with people who have now seen they play - they are a match for anyone :-)

Note - This is not to mock other players (who we all agree have been playing blinders) but a celebration of ours

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Well done Scottish Lions - Page 2 Empty Re: Well done Scottish Lions

Post by alive555 Thu 05 Aug 2021, 2:30 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
alive555 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Yes bitter, mostly over selection. Rather than blame specific players you seem to be shifting the blame everywhere else. We had the same complaints in 2013 from the same people - these are just my observations.

It might not be easy on the eye but the game plan works. You don't have to like it. I didn't enjoy the 2nd test at all but that one was an anomaly; we rarely see a test match go on for that long. I don't always agree with Gatland, even when he was our head coach for 12 years, but he was definitely one of the best coaches we've ever had. I haven't lost all faith just yet. Happy to agree to disagree on this though.

The game plan was a disaster. The Lions kicked away everything, and Biggar passed a grand total of 3 times the whole game.

What's the game plan? Because unless you've spoken to Gatland / Toonie I doubt you know. It wasn't pretty that's for sure. Biggar failed to control the game well or create anything, and is probably lucky to keep his place. If the next game is tight I doubt we'll see Finn come on, unless Biggar gets injured. Either way I hope Finn is involved somehow as it's well deserved recognition.

Biggar passed 3 times in the whole game, and you think I don't know what the game plan was?

Anyone who understands the basics of the game could see what the gameplan was fgs.

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 05 Aug 2021, 7:28 am

It's a shame that some of the Scottish members on here are reverting to how they have behaved on previous tours.

A few Scottish players have been given their chances this time around, and they haven't covered themselves in glory. This is not the coaches fault. Stop blaming the poor performances on the tactics, players who are at the top can adjust.

For me it this tour has really shown up certain players who are perhaps not that up to it, not all of them are Scottish, but the Scottish players who have been picked, some of them have been shown up.

On the flip side, Ali Price has stepped up, and so has Chris Harris, but the rest show why Scotland do not get out of their group when it comes to a world cup, and why they never pull up trees in the 6N.

Sorry. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 05 Aug 2021, 7:38 am

LordDowlais wrote:It's a shame that some of the Scottish members on here are reverting to how they have behaved on previous tours.

A few Scottish players have been given their chances this time around, and they haven't covered themselves in glory. This is not the coaches fault. Stop blaming the poor performances on the tactics, players who are at the top can adjust.

For me it this tour has really shown up certain players who are perhaps not that up to it, not all of them are Scottish, but the Scottish players who have been picked, some of them have been shown up.

On the flip side, Ali Price has stepped up, and so has Chris Harris, but the rest show why Scotland do not get out of their group when it comes to a world cup, and why they never pull up trees in the 6N.

Sorry. OK

Tactics have been abysmal.

No 7&1/2

alive555 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 05 Aug 2021, 8:11 am

It's a shame that some of the Welsh members on here are reverting to how they have behaved on previous tours.

A few Welsh players have been given their chances this time around, and they haven't covered themselves in glory. This is not the coaches fault. Stop blaming the poor performances on the tactics, players who are at the top can adjust.

For me this tour has really shown up certain players who are perhaps not that up to it, not all of them are Welsh, but the Welsh players who have been picked, some of them have been shown up.

Sorry. OK

BamBam

alive555 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 05 Aug 2021, 8:39 am

I think it would probably be easier to flag up the players who have turned up on this tour, over those who have not and that is across all the nations! There really have not been that many!

As this thread has degenerated into bickering about the nationalities of players, not really its original purpose.I am going to lock it down.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2