The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWC 2031 - England Bid

+2
LordDowlais
Irish Londoner
6 posters

Go down

RWC 2031 - England Bid Empty RWC 2031 - England Bid

Post by Irish Londoner Wed 15 Sep - 14:21

Per The Guardian the RFU are going to bid for the RWC in 2031. They've decided to go for an England only rather than a "home nations bid" as there were issues over the location for the final.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/sep/14/rfu-chair-tom-ilube-confirms-england-to-bid-to-host-2031-rugby-world-cup

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

RWC 2031 - England Bid Empty Re: RWC 2031 - England Bid

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Sep - 14:59

I am so glad they have gone it alone, these shared world cups take a shine off things, England is not a million miles from me, I would be happy to travel to watch the WC in England, also, I think they would do a good job of it.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelT Wed 15 Sep - 15:33

Hope this happens. Apart from England being very poor it was a great world-cup Laugh Crying or Very sad

MichaelT

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 15 Sep - 17:42

My preference would be to have a joint UK/Ire RWC. It's not like we are really more than two countries. We already have four perfect main stadia and each union with the ability to disperse pool matches across their area. This wouldn't just elevate Rugby in one country, rather I think it would bring people a bit closer and add some Rugby lustre across our islands. Everyone wins.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 16 Sep - 5:52

doctor_grey wrote:My preference would be to have a joint UK/Ire RWC.  It's not like we are really more than two countries.  We already have four perfect main stadia and each union with the ability to disperse pool matches across their area.  This wouldn't just elevate Rugby in one country, rather I think it would bring people a bit closer and add some Rugby lustre across our islands.  Everyone wins.  

That would work really well, with the final being held in Dublin. I can't imagine Ireland ever being able to host such an event on their own, but anything they could put together would more than likely be amazing.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Thu 16 Sep - 5:59

I wonder if South Africa will ever attempt to host it. SARU must feel screwed over so many times I am beginning they won't try anymore. I reckon they have a few grudges to bear.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 16 Sep - 16:18

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:My preference would be to have a joint UK/Ire RWC.  It's not like we are really more than two countries.  We already have four perfect main stadia and each union with the ability to disperse pool matches across their area.  This wouldn't just elevate Rugby in one country, rather I think it would bring people a bit closer and add some Rugby lustre across our islands.  Everyone wins.  

That would work really well, with the final being held in Dublin. I can't imagine Ireland ever being able to host such an event on their own, but anything they could put together would more than likely be amazing.

Yeah Ireland could easily host a world cup as long as the GAA would allow them to use their stadia. I would love a WC in Ireland, although, it would probably be the most expensive WC ever with they prices they charge over there. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 16 Sep - 17:40

I still cringe at some of the prices I've paid for accom/drinks on weekends away in Dublin!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down