The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France v Ireland Saturday 12th Feb 2022 Match Thread

+18
Geordie
formerly known as Sam
miltonkeynesengland
Pot Hale
king_carlos
lostinwales
Heaf
Collapse2005
BigGee
profitius
majesticimperialman
Brendan
Pete330v2
Duty281
doctor_grey
Gooseberry
Welshmushroom
Unclear
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

France v Ireland Saturday 12th Feb 2022 Match Thread - Page 3 Empty France v Ireland Saturday 12th Feb 2022 Match Thread

Post by Unclear Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:14 am

First topic message reminder :

France: Jaminet, Penaud, Fickou, Moefana, Villiere, Ntamack, Du Pont: Baille, Marchand, Atonio, Woki, Willemse, Cros, Jelonch, Alldritt

Bench: Mauvaka, Gros, Bamba, Flaminet, Taofeffanua, Cretin, Lucu, Ramos (covering 10 and 15)

Ireland: Hugo Keenan; Andrew Conway, Garry Ringrose, Bundee Aki, Mack Hansen; Joey Carbery, Jamison Gibson Park; Andrew Porter, Ronan Kelleher, Tadhg Furlong;         Tadhg Beirne, James Ryan; Caelan Doris, Josh van der Flier, Jack Conan.

Bench: Dan Sheehan, Cian Healy, Finlay Bealham, Iain Henderson, Peter O'Mahony, Conor Murray, Jack Carty, Robbie Henshaw.

Referee : Angus Gardner

Date/time : Saturday 12th February, kick off 16:45 (UK time)

Only enforced changes to both teams, could be the decider on a Grand Slam, could be an exhibition of skills and intensity, could be just another game of rugby.

Definitely is my first go at a new topic.

Unclear

RiscaGame and Maine man like this post

Back to top Go down

France v Ireland Saturday 12th Feb 2022 Match Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: France v Ireland Saturday 12th Feb 2022 Match Thread

Post by king_carlos Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:43 am

lostinwales wrote:France still feel like a 60 minute team, although their subs did make a difference
Not sure I agree anymore on that. To me it looks a very rounded team in the making. The young players coming through increasingly feel like round pegs in round holes. I get that feeling that they're already a very good side with even more falling into place for them.

Their improved depth at prop and hooker gives them a lot of bench impact. Mauvaka, Gros and Bamba are all either destructive carriers or dangerous at the breakdown. Just what you want in the second half.

Woki emerging as a lock allows them the luxury of Taofifenau or Le Roux from the bench. Flament also looks a great prospect.

The young backs Jaminet, Villiere and Moefana all look excellent. When Arthur Vincent and Vakatawa are back Moefana in particular might not even make the side either.

If Ollivon can get back at his best to further strengthen the back row then I really don't see any weaknesses in their side anymore.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

France v Ireland Saturday 12th Feb 2022 Match Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: France v Ireland Saturday 12th Feb 2022 Match Thread

Post by sensisball Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:21 pm

Good analysis of France's improving quality. Also remember Jalibert is still injured. When fit and on form he is almost the equal of Ntamack.
Ramos is excellent cover the the Bordeaux man as he is comfortable at 10 and well as 15.

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:13 am

I'm not convinced by France yet. They're good but are they as good as people are saying? They are away to Scotland and Wales next then finish with a home match against England. 3 tough matches for them.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:37 pm

They are good but a good test for them will be to see how well they do on the road. Wales and Scotland wont be easy game for them. I expect at least one slip up from them.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3