The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v Wales(women)

3 posters

Go down

England v Wales(women) Empty England v Wales(women)

Post by mountain man Wed 14 Sep 2022, 9:46 am

Just a heads up in case anyone didn't know, England Red Roses play Wales tonight. Match is live on ITV4 from 19:30.

Can't see anything other than a resounding England win but with 12(?) Wales players full time and others part time be interesting to see how they have progressed.

Against USA England were under par so I expect a big improvement tonight.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

England v Wales(women) Empty Re: England v Wales(women)

Post by Poorfour Wed 14 Sep 2022, 10:21 am

England looked a bit rusty in the first half but I thought they came together as the game wore on. They're also very clearly playing around with the squad and combinations, so we should expect them to have moments of not being on each other's wavelength; it's what warm up games are for.

Wales should be a tougher test - but there's a world record to play for, so I expect England to step up.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 14 Sep 2022, 6:50 pm

Although i am expecting E

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 14 Sep 2022, 6:59 pm

Although i am expecting England to win comfortably, I am expecting An improved Wales to be an improved side from the 6nations.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 14 Sep 2022, 9:23 pm

A good win for England  tonight. Although Wales did play well in patches, England was just to good for then.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu 15 Sep 2022, 12:10 am

Pretty convincing from England, albeit against opposition who have only recently gone pro. The pack was particularly impressive, as was the way they were able to manipulate the Welsh defensive line to create space. Not all teams will make it that easy for them, though. Still, a world record’s a world record.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Thu 15 Sep 2022, 8:07 am

As expected really. First 5 minutes Wales looked like it might be a contest but normal service soon resumed. England too good, too strong.
I was particularly impressed with pace of game, no time wasting and they just went for it. In fairness to Wales their fitness looked like it had improved as they were able to keep up but they were simply outclassed. Zoe Harrison had a bit of a mixed bag I thought, not quite on the money but rest of team and especially subs had a massive impact. Rowlands superb and outpaced Joyce for disallowed try.
World Cup theirs to lose?

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu 15 Sep 2022, 12:26 pm

I certainly hope so - but France will always offer a challenge and NZ will be better with more warm up games and on home soil.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down