The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team of the Year

4 posters

Go down

Team of the Year Empty Team of the Year

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 21 Nov 2022, 5:07 pm

15 Freddie Steward (ENG), 14 Will Jordan (NZL), 13 Lukhanyo Am (RSA), 12 Damian de Allende (RSA), 11 Marika Koroibete (AUS), 10 Johnny Sexton (IRL), 9 Antoine Dupont (FRA), 8 Gregory Alldritt (FRA), 7 Josh van der Flier (IRL), 6 Pablo Matera (ARG), 5 Sam Whitelock (NZL), 4 Tadhg Beirne (IRL), 3 Tadhg Furlong (IRL), 2 Malcolm Marx (RSA), 1 Ellis Genge (ENG)
https://www.world.rugby/news/777767/awards-winners-release

Obviously purely subjective. What would everyone's be? Completely different lock pairing for me, different flankers and centres.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Team of the Year Empty Re: Team of the Year

Post by TJ Mon 21 Nov 2022, 5:19 pm

Ange Capuozzo must be in there surely.  Scored critical tries for Italys wins.  Safe under the high ball.  Fast fast fast.  Also WTF in Genge doing in there?

I'd have Ntamack at 10 as well. partly for his luscious hair

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 21 Nov 2022, 5:24 pm

I'm shocked you picked out the 2 excellent England players TJ!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 21 Nov 2022, 5:43 pm

Steward was good no doubt but I thought Capuozzo was excellent and made the difference that gave the two wins. Genge I don't rate.

I didn't realise I picked out the two England players Doh

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Mon 21 Nov 2022, 5:47 pm

It seems Eben Etzebeth is on the naughty list at World Rugby, or whoever made this list, same as player of the year, he has been phenominal over the pasttwo seasons.

Other than that, I don't much care for lists like thiese.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 21 Nov 2022, 5:48 pm

Itoje not worth a place?  I really rate him.

edit
What about the wee man - Darcy Graham? I'm desperately trying to think of a scot to shoehorn in but he has really shone this year

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 21 Nov 2022, 5:54 pm

TJ wrote:Steward was good no doubt but I thought Capuozzo was excellent and made the difference that gave the two wins.  Genge I don't rate.

I didn't realise I picked out the two England players Doh

Ha. We all have our likes and dislikes. For me they've both had 1 underpar game this year. Stewards is fading from my memory perhaps an aus one; can't remember. Genge was the NZ game. Bar that first pen when I thought he was unlucky and should have had the pen he was 2nd best in the scrum. Bet he's never scrumaged against a guy that tall so should be jnteresting the next time he comes up against him. I expect he'll be back to his best next weekend, the ultimate scrum test. In the loose I don't think he has a loosehead peer.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 21 Nov 2022, 5:56 pm

Old Man wrote:It seems Eben Etzebeth is on the naughty list at World Rugby, or whoever made this list, same as player of the year, he has been phenominal over the pasttwo seasons.

Other than that, I don't much care for lists like thiese.

I haven't seen definitively but suspect it's the same as the shortlisting where the panel select their top 3 and it goes to points. It's just a bit of fun, much like the rankings, it's there to debate!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 21 Nov 2022, 5:58 pm

TJ wrote:Itoje not worth a place?  I really rate him.

edit
What about the wee man - Darcy Graham?  I'm desperately trying to think of a scot to shoehorn in but he has really shone this year

Phenomenal player. It comes to the argument about form vs who you consider the best player too, as so often players will seemingly shine in a winning team whereas great work can go unseen if the end product from another player doesn't come to fruition.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 21 Nov 2022, 6:41 pm

Julian Montoya is very unlucky, picking between him and Marx really would have been tough.

Capuozzo does look an interesting talent, X factor player but two great moments aside I don't really recall him playing. Steward has been one of the best players in pretty much every international he's played in though. For me it would be Steward Vs Keenan for best 15, those two are consistently excellent.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down