The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France v Scotland 6N Championship Sunday 26th February 2023

+21
Collapse2005
Geordie
Duty281
eirebilly_01
No 7&1/2
doctor_grey
TheMildlyFranticLlama
majesticimperialman
tigertattie
NeilyBroon
Heuer27
funnyExiledScot
bsando
mikey_dragon
jimbopip
sensisball
Tramptastic
RDW
George Carlin
Hazel Sapling
BigGee
25 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

France v Scotland 6N Championship Sunday 26th February 2023 Empty France v Scotland 6N Championship Sunday 26th February 2023

Post by BigGee Mon 20 Feb - 12:10

France v Scotland
6 Nations Championship
The Auld Alliance Trophy

Stade de France
Paris

Sunday 26th February 2023
KO 15.00

Well onto the third round of matches and Scotland v France gets the sunday afternoon slot this time around.

Not many would have given Scotland a chance for this game at the start of the competition, but now it may be a bit closer than first imagined.

Scotland did win on their last visit to the Stade, albeit in an empty stadium and over the years have not actually had a bad record against the French, even when we were poor. Scotland are on a run, have a settled side, few injury worries and a mixture of confidence and control that we have not seen for quite some time.

Steady on though, this is France we are playing and they are at home. They are one of the two best sides in the world on current form, even if they have flattered to deceive a bit in their last two games. They will not want to lose this match and go one from three and have all the old accusations about being a flakey team come right back to haunt them after having largely put that moniker to bed over the past few years. You would fancy that they will try and steam roller Scotland in the way that England did, only they are better than England and will maybe be more successful. If they get a decent lead in the game they will be all but impossible to haul back.

So any chance for Scotland will involve them simply managing to stay in the game and to weather the French onslaught, which will surely come. If it is close at the end, a big if, then Scotland may be the fitter team and they have certainly finished their last two games very strongly.

All the smart money is still going to be on a French win, but it might be close and for Scotland, there is certainly some hope. My gues at our team is something along these lines:

1. Schoeman
2. Turner
3. Fagerson Z
4. Gray R
5. Gilchrist
6. Fagerson M
7. Ritchie - capt
8. Dempsey - MoM performance on friday might swing it
9. White
10. Russell
11. DVDM
12. Tuipolotu
13. Jones
14. Steyn
15. Kinghorn

Subs

Bhatti
Brown
Nel
Gray
Skinner
Price - had his best game of the season on friday
Redpath
Hogg

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

France v Scotland 6N Championship Sunday 26th February 2023 Empty Re: France v Scotland 6N Championship Sunday 26th February 2023

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 20 Feb - 13:31

Fair summary BG. We struggle against big packs (SA, Ireland) and France will be no exception. France losing Atonio should help us a bit in matching up at the scrum.

I think if Hogg is fit, he will start. If ever there was a time to take advantage of Kinghorn's versatility, it is now. We should be looking at a 6-2 bench.

I would start Crosbie, a workhorse in the tackle and a good size, and keep Ritchie at his best position. The bench is where I would make changes. My bench

Sutherland, Brown, Nel, Cummings, J Gray, Dempsey, Price, Kinghorn/Harris (depending on Hogg)

Sutherland offers more around the park than Bhatti and Cummings looked physical in the carry against Ulster. If Kinghorn starts, Harris means we have cover at every position.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

France v Scotland 6N Championship Sunday 26th February 2023 Empty Re: France v Scotland 6N Championship Sunday 26th February 2023

Post by George Carlin Mon 20 Feb - 16:32

Good job with the thread, Gee.

i actually think that the pressure is somewhat off for this game. We'll get 3 wins in this tournament - that meets minimum expectations and if we get something out of this game, it will be a bonus. We will fancy ourselves to sneak a win though, however arrogant that sounds.

Beating England at Twickers and silencing that crowd should mean that the fear factor is gone from the Stade de France. My only wish is that we don't let France start quickly or the game could be gone by half time.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 20 Feb - 20:30

We have to be mentally prepared to be right against it - France running riot, crowd going wild, potentially down a few tries. But we need to try and hang on and keep chipping away at the scoreboard such that with 15 minutes to go if we're within 10 points France might start to get jittery.

That's a big IF

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Mon 20 Feb - 21:17

As much as price had a good game at the weekend I'd keep Horne on the bench.

In the last 20 minutes scotland need to rely on fitness, increase tempo and ball in play. Horne gets to the breakdown so much faster than our other scrum half's so that as soon as ball is presented its gone. Price would slow things up too much just as we are looking to up it.

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

NeilyBroon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sensisball Mon 20 Feb - 22:02

French squad update:
Cameron Woki still missing. Uini Atonio and his 140 kg is still suspended after Ireland card

In the backs Villiers still absent but Jonathan Danty is back in the 42. Not sure if he is match fit yet.

If he is then that would be a massive boost to the French midfield in both attack and defence. Moefana is a good player be it doesn't carry as much of an attacking threat as the La Rochelle man.

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 20 Feb - 22:11

Tramptastic wrote:As much as price had a good game at the weekend I'd keep Horne on the bench.

In the last 20 minutes scotland need to rely on fitness, increase tempo and ball in play. Horne gets to the breakdown so much faster than our other scrum half's so that as soon as ball is presented its gone. Price would slow things up too much just as we are looking to up it.

You got the inside track on that one Tramp?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 21 Feb - 11:03

So, France chin

I'm not actually an expert on international rugby sides; never had the Latin for it. But if I'd gone to a proper posh school...well you know.

However, I'm fairly certain that Les Blues have been getting beasted royally in training this week. A side that intends to win the upcoming World Cup simply can't be skelped so publicly as they were in Dublin. That result calls for a response and the traditional FFR one is to ramp up the piano lifters to even greater levels of brutality.
There will be a lot of pressure on the French to win. Not perform, or play well, just WIN.

Toonie on the other hand will spend the week reminding everyone to trust the systems, trust each other, do all the things that have worked for you and they will work again. There's no doubt that the fist 20 or so minutes will be a massive physical assault. If we're still standing, and close on the scoreboard, then the pressure really will be on the French.

I see two very equally likely scenarios.
In the first they keep us pinned in our 22. A couple of loose kicks allow Ntamack and Penaud to run in classically French tries and they then relax and spend the next hour burying us. We've seen that happen before.
In the second, we win the kicking game. Our pack front up enough to give Dancer and Hoggy the opportunity to kick off the front foot and the kick chase keeps France under pressure. We stat to win penalties and the scoreboard ticks over... in our favour. The pressure gets to their pack and someone punches Mbawza for absolutely no reason that anyone can see. Down to 14 the French give a collective Gallic shrug and it all gets very nasty. Camera cuts to Toonie who is smiling like someone just showed him the signing on bonus Leinster are offering him.

I think the first scenario is actually the most likely. Sad
However, as Damon Runyon is often saying, "I am figuring out that everything in this life is 6/4 against."

jimbopip

George Carlin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 21 Feb - 12:41

Should be another win for Scotland in Paris. I'll also add, I've been absoltely terrible at predictions these past few weeks, read into that what you must!

mikey_dragon

George Carlin and jimbopip like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 21 Feb - 12:47

France without Antonio is a result. Impossible to move in the scrum, then usually gets carried around the field by his exceptional forward mates.

1. Schoeman
2. Turner
3. Z Fagerson
4. R Gray
5. Gilchrist
6. Skinner
7. Ritchie - capt
8. Dempsey
9. White
10. Russell
11. DVDM
12. Tuipolotu
13. Jones
14. Steyn
15. Hogg

I'm not entirely sure who is or isn't available for you. I've moved Skinner to 6 and have Dempsey at 8 for their size. If Sutherland is available I'd have him on the bench with Nel. Hamish Watson on the bench too, and suddenly the 23 looks very good.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 21 Feb - 12:56

mikey_dragon wrote:France without Antonio is a result. Impossible to move in the scrum, then usually gets carried around the field by his exceptional forward mates.

1. Schoeman
2. Turner
3. Z Fagerson
4. R Gray
5. Gilchrist
6. Skinner
7. Ritchie - capt
8. Dempsey
9. White
10. Russell
11. DVDM
12. Tuipolotu
13. Jones
14. Steyn
15. Hogg

I'm not entirely sure who is or isn't available for you. I've moved Skinner to 6 and have Dempsey at 8 for their size. If Sutherland is available I'd have him on the bench with Nel. Hamish Watson on the bench too, and suddenly the 23 looks very good.

Mikey, that's a big call leaving out Matt Fagerson. I don't think The Principal is mobile enough for a 6 nowadays. He's more a second row. The question is do we play Dempsey 8 and Fagerson 6 which should get the ball away from the French forwards and allow us to attack the wide channels or do we have a big lump (Haining, Crosbie, Christie) who can take them on in the tight and then bring Dempsey on for the last 20?

If, and it's a mighty big If, we're still in the game after 60 minutes then the idea of bringing on Dempsey, Hornito and Blarehorn to run at a tiring French pack is quite appealing.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue 21 Feb - 12:57

I agree that we should stick with Crosbie in the backrow, this is the sort of game that will suit him. The pack is going to be getting through a tonne of work on Sunday. Skinner or Cummings on the bench may be useful.

Personally given how fit Scotland look at the moment I’d avoid the 6:2 split and retain Kinghorn, Horne and Harris for the last quarter of the match. Our second half performers have been vital in both games thus far.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 21 Feb - 13:14

bsando, young Cumming is already en route to The Land Of The Never Ending Braii.

I think Toonie will stick with Ickle Jonny on the bench. Ditto Harris. So if, by some miracle, we're defending a lead in the last quarter then we will have lots of tackling ability coming on.

It has just dawned on me that if all occasions conspire against us we could end the game with 8-13 ;

Dempsey
Hornito
Blarehorn
Dancer
The Hardest Working Man In World Rugby.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Doh

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 21 Feb - 14:57

Right call, no need to rush Cummings back, let him get some gametime first, both him and Darge

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 21 Feb - 20:31

Simon Berghan and Captain Stafford have also been returned to The Rugby Club.
Worth noting that Ollie Smith is retained by Scotland. I wonder if Hoggy is struggling.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 21 Feb - 21:50

jimbopip wrote:So, France chin

I'm not actually an expert on international rugby sides; never had the Latin for it. But if I'd gone to a proper posh school...well you know.

So chippy....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 21 Feb - 21:55

jimbopip wrote:Simon Berghan and Captain Stafford have also been returned to The Rugby Club.
Worth noting that Ollie Smith is retained by Scotland.  I wonder if Hoggy is struggling.

No need to worry. The Kinghorn will do the business. I'm convinced Ramos isn't actually very good. Penaud on the other hand could probably squeeze into the Edinburgh squad, which is to say he's very handy indeed, so we need to watch him.

Can folk please stop including Skinner in proposed XVs (that's a Roman numeral Jimbo)? He is not an international 6. Keep the pack the same. No need to change. Crosbie is perfect for 50 mins against France and Dempsey the ideal sub.

Can't see Toonie changing anything. Hogg's fitness is the big question. If not fit, then Kinghorn goes to 15 and Smith to the bench.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by sensisball Wed 22 Feb - 22:18

I wonder if Galthie is worried about  our kicking game?
If so he might be tempted to play Jaminet on the wing. He is certainly quick enough to play there and had a huge boot as well. Not the biggest but a solid defender and a silky runner with a lot of pace.
If Danty is deemed fit enough to start then Danty v Tuipulotu could be the match up of the weekend.

Last edited by sensisball on Wed 22 Feb - 22:26; edited 1 time in total

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 22 Feb - 22:26

Danty gone back to La Rochelle for the weekend to get some game time.

One less thing to worry about!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuer27 Wed 22 Feb - 22:31

Heard a rumour today that this is likely to be The Mish’s swan song season. Injuries have taken their toll and he’s thinking about the future.
If true, sad end to a terrific career but he can look back with pride on the way he’s worn the 7 jersey for club and country.

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 23 Feb - 9:04

Heuer27 wrote:Heard a rumour today that this is likely to be The Mish’s swan song season. Injuries have taken their toll and he’s thinking about the future.
If true, sad end to a terrific career but he can look back with pride on the way he’s worn the 7 jersey for club and country.

That would be a shame if true, but looking at him this season, you could see thst it is believable. He does seem to be struggling a bit. I am not sure he should be playing on sundsy with some of the other back row options we have available.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 23 Feb - 10:08

I wouldn’t be surprised if he retired after the World Cup. One thing I’ve learnt from watching pro rugby is that careers don’t always fizzle out, they can end very abruptly. David Denton tried to prolong his career but ultimately threw in the towel after some quite scary concussion symptoms. I’d feel a lot happier as a fan knowing Watson stopped playing earlier and lived a long and fulfilling life after rugby than winning another 10-20 caps for Scotland. He would be signing off at the top of his game and has nothing left to prove.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 23 Feb - 10:39

Would be a shame for Watson to retire from a selfish point of view, but he has to look after his health first. At 32, he would not have many years left in the western hemisphere and maybe finishing up in Japan (if he feels a lower intensity league is manageable) would be the way to go. Ideally he gets to finish with a Six Nations trophy.

From a Scotland perspective, we have Darge, Crosbie, Richardson, Gordon and Boyle to compete for the 7 jersey

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 23 Feb - 13:14

Well Redpath and Baylsis definitely not in the mix.

Both named for Bath playing Bristol on friday night!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Thu 23 Feb - 13:24

Crosbie is carrying an injury so Watson to start

Bench is a 6-2 split, skinner in as extra forward, Harris dropped, Horne dropped, price and blairhorn at the backs on the bench

Otherwise no other changes (apparently)

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 23 Feb - 13:49

Well hopefully Mish has still got it.

6:2 makes sense for this one, though it is out of character for Toonie.

Nice to go in with a settled team though.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Thu 23 Feb - 13:59

I'm annoyed at Horne being dropped and I kind of wish they had a backrow of fagerson, dempsey and Ritchie with Watson to come off the bench

But heyho, it's still minimal changes with a bench to reflect 80 minutes against France so all in all, considering its toonie, its good

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 23 Feb - 14:17

Price has got a lot of credit in the bank, a proven starter, which Horne has really never quite managed to prove. Hopefully his time on the side lines has reminded him that he can't post in a performance any more. He certainly looked better last weekend for Glasgow.

With Dobbie also playing well and Cooney avaiable as well, if needed, you would hsve to say we are in a good position st SH.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 23 Feb - 14:39

Agree with tramptastic, although if we're having to close out the game with a 3 point difference price may edge it, though I think Horne can feel aggrieved.

Bit worried if we get the wrong injuries, could be looking at MF at inside centre in the style of Richie Vernon.

NeilyBroon

Tramptastic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 23 Feb - 15:44

Also didn't realise sione has a younger brother who is apparently tearing it up at centre for the waratahs, apparently Toonie has already been having words!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 23 Feb - 18:09

NeilyBroon wrote:Agree with tramptastic, although if we're having to close out the game with a 3 point difference price may edge it, though I think Horne can feel aggrieved.

Bit worried if we get the wrong injuries, could be looking at MF at inside centre in the style of Richie Vernon.

Neily, if we lose Dancer then Blarehorn goes to 10. Also Blarehorn covers 11,14 & 15. If we lose a centre Seaman can go to 13 and Blarehorn to wing. We could lose Shona and have Blarehorn at 10 and Dancer at 10 but I wouldn't be too keen on seeing that Shocked

The big worry would be if we lost both centres. But if that happened I would rather have Dempsey at 12; he has faster feet , though not by much, than Fagerson.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 23 Feb - 19:07

Some points

1. France are reported to have the best kicking game in international rugby so it’s us that need to worry about their kicking game.

2. Mish wont retire this season. He’ll go to the World Cup

3. Team should be unchanged other than for injuries and perhaps maitland for steyn for additional backline defence.

4. Principal isn’t international class so stop trying to shoehorn him in to a match day squad (he’s a good player, but not as good as GG, either Gray or Cummings)

5. Sione has a younger brother but he’s already told the wallabies he’s wanting the green and gold jersey.

6. Even though it’s a Sunday game, shouldn’t the team be out?
tigertattie
tigertattie

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 23 Feb - 19:19

Shame Redpath hasn't been involved yet but time is very much on his side. He will undoubtedly be Scotland's inside centre in seasons to come but Huwipulotu is going strong at the moment. I feel bad for Harris more so than Horne but having that extra forward would indeed be handy considering past games where we've finished with some very strange substitutions thanks to injuries. Hard to see a win but this is the strongest Scotland side to visit Paris in some time.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 23 Feb - 19:34

This a tough game fpr both teams really. ,

Scotland need a win keep there chances of getting/dreaming of a first Grand Slam in how many years?

France need the win to keep there chance of beinhg 6 nations chanmps, if Ireland lose a game.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 23 Feb - 19:41

jimbopip wrote:
NeilyBroon wrote:Agree with tramptastic, although if we're having to close out the game with a 3 point difference price may edge it, though I think Horne can feel aggrieved.

Neily, if we lose Dancer then Blarehorn goes to 10. Also Blarehorn covers 11,14 & 15. If we lose a centre Seaman can go to 13 and Blarehorn to wing. We could lose Shona and have Blarehorn at 10 and Dancer at 10 but I wouldn't be too keen on seeing that Shocked

The big worry would be if we lost both centres. But if that happened I would rather have Dempsey at 12; he has faster feet , though not by much, than Fagerson.

I hear that Stafford McDowall is ready to be parachuted in from South Africa and that he, alone, is Toonie's bomb squad to single handedly win us this game.

NeilyBroon

George Carlin and jimbopip like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 23 Feb - 20:20

majesticimperialman wrote:This a tough game fpr both teams really. ,

Scotland need a win keep there chances of getting/dreaming of a first Grand Slam in how many years?

France need the win to keep there chance of beinhg 6 nations chanmps, if Ireland lose a game.

33 years

Not easy for any Irishpeople to say!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 23 Feb - 22:04

BigGee wrote:
Heuer27 wrote:Heard a rumour today that this is likely to be The Mish’s swan song season. Injuries have taken their toll and he’s thinking about the future.

That would be a shame if true, but looking at him this season, you could see thst it is believable. He does seem to be struggling a bit. I am not sure he should be playing on sundsy with some of the other back row options we have available.

I could easily believe this. He's miles from what he was, and I say this as a huge fan. I rate him, at his best, as the finest 7 Scotland has had in the professional era. Right now, I don't see him in the World Cup squad if Darge and Crosbie are fit.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 23 Feb - 22:18

Rumours are Watson to start and 6-2 bench split.

Crosbie struggling with injury. Skinner extra forward. Price and Kinghorn bench.

Will see how accurate this is later...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 23 Feb - 23:49

Hmmm.

Watson will give all he has but I think it’s too soon. If Crosbie is out then I’d go fagerson Ritchie Dempsey in the back row.

The 6-2 split also worries me if a centre goes down against a bruising French side. Very worried.

What worries me the most is if we have to put Ali price on the field, anywhere. Especially at 9. Utter liability and wee Horne has shown he’s a great sub to bring on.

If Flounder’s prediction is correct, I’ll rock myself to sleep on Saturday night
tigertattie
tigertattie

George Carlin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 24 Feb - 9:04

RDW wrote:Rumours are Watson to start and 6-2 bench split.

Crosbie struggling with injury. Skinner extra forward. Price and Kinghorn bench.

Called it!

RDW
Founder
Founder

RDW likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 24 Feb - 9:13

Scotland team to face France in the Guinness Six Nations on Sunday 26 February at Stade de France, Paris, kick-off 3pm GMT, live on ITV Sport:

15. Stuart Hogg (Exeter Chiefs) 98 caps
14. Kyle Steyn (Glasgow Warriors) 7 caps
13. Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors) 33 caps
12. Sione Tuipulotu (Glasgow Warriors) 13 caps
11. Duhan van der Merwe (Edinburgh Rugby) 25 caps

10. Finn Russell (Racing 92) 67 caps
9. Ben White (London Irish) 11 caps

1. Pierre Schoeman (Edinburgh Rugby) 18 caps
2. George Turner (Glasgow Warriors) 32 caps
3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) 55 caps
4. Richie Gray (Glasgow Warriors) 71 caps
5. Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh Rugby) – Vice-Captain – 61caps
6. Jamie Ritchie (Edinburgh Rugby) – Captain – 38 caps
7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby) 54 caps
8. Matt Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) 30 caps

Replacements

16. Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors) 59 caps
17. Jamie Bhatti (Glasgow Warriors) 27 caps
18. WP Nel (Edinburgh Rugby) 52 caps
19. Jonny Gray (Exeter Chiefs) 74 caps
20. Sam Skinner (Edinburgh Rugby) 23 caps
21. Jack Dempsey (Glasgow Warriors) 6 caps
22. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) 58 caps
23. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh Rugby) 40 caps

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 24 Feb - 9:15

As Tramp called it (RDW as well Very Happy )

Hard to argue with it really, especially if Crosbie is injured. Let's just hope the Mish has still got it.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Tramptastic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 24 Feb - 9:16

tigertattie wrote:Hmmm.

Watson will give all he has but I think it’s too soon. If Crosbie is out then I’d go fagerson Ritchie Dempsey in the back row.

The 6-2 split also worries me if a centre goes down against a bruising French side. Very worried.

What worries me the most is if we have to put Ali price on the field, anywhere. Especially at 9. Utter liability and wee Horne has shown he’s a great sub to bring on.

If Flounder’s prediction is correct, it is!!! I’ll rock myself to sleep on Saturday night Best stop that or you'll go blind , tiger.

Well, Toonie has nailed his colours to the mast. Alea jacta est and all that.

Hamish? chin if the French get quick ruck ball and start to get into their rhythm they can be well nigh unstoppable. I was concerned that if we stood off rucks as we did against Engurlund then we were in for a skelping. You can let the English have the ball all day because they'll just play one pass then look for the next defender to run into. France are different. as the BBC websitepageinternet thingy says,

it is working and Russell's average of a line-break every 15 passes far outstrips any other fly-half in this season's Six Nations.

France's Romain Ntamack has one in 24, Ireland's Johnny Sexton one in 40, England's Owen Farrell one in 41 and it is one in 46 for Wales' Dan Biggar.

So the two teams we have beaten have pretty predictable attacks: France have running threats from 9 and 10. If the create quick multiple phase attacks then Dupont or Ntamack are very capable of seeing the gap and exploiting it. Hopefully Hamish is fit enough to be a real nuisance at the bottom of rucks. Hopefully Mbawza really pisses them off too.

I think it'll be a cracker. But I also feel all Private Fraser. Doomed ah tell ye.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 24 Feb - 9:17

RDW wrote:

Called it!

You are Tom English and I claim my £5 postal order reward for spotting you.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 24 Feb - 9:21

Actually from listening to Toonie talk about the team, it does not sound like Crosbie is injured, more a tactical selection now that they feel Watson is back to full fitness.

As Toonie says himself, a bit tough on LC, who has by no means played badly. You would imagine he will get other opportunities.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 24 Feb - 9:30

Hmmm, slightly worried about that team selection to be honest. Disagree with Watson coming in, and see little value in having both J Gray and Skinner on the bench.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 24 Feb - 9:32

funnyExiledScot wrote:Hmmm, slightly worried about that team selection to be honest. Disagree with Watson coming in, and see little value in having both J Gray and Skinner on the bench.

Doomed ah tell ye, doomed!!!

jimbopip

funnyExiledScot likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Fri 24 Feb - 10:11

Experienced side with some good bench options. Probably the best Scotland can put out and it’s nice to have little or no injuries to the squad. Cautiously optimistic for this one but France overpowered Scotland convincingly last year. Hope Scotland can stay in the game and squeeze out another win.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 24 Feb - 10:47

RDW wrote:

Called it!

Dude, you can’t go around liking your own posts! Just coz yer the flounder, you can’t just abuse yer power like that!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

funnyExiledScot likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Fri 24 Feb - 12:29

New rule going forwards should be that we also have to show off all of our incorrect selections. I apologise in advance for flooding this thread with team sheet spam.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next