The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French prop banned.

+2
Geordie
No 7&1/2
6 posters

Go down

French prop banned. Empty French prop banned.

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue May 30, 2023 8:23 pm

I typed out 3 different titles here but would have got me banned from the site.

Bbc
'France prop Mohamed Haouas has been sentenced to one year in jail for domestic abuse.

He was arrested on Friday for hitting his wife when he saw her smoking - after telling him she had stopped.

The incident is likely to end any hopes Montpellier's Haouas had of being picked for September's World Cup, taking place in France.

Haouas will launch an appeal and therefore remains free in the meantime, or could wear an electronic tag.

On hitting his wife in public, the 29-year-old told the court: "She has the right to smoke but the problem is that she lied to me.

"I said to myself that if she can lie about the cigarette, she could lie about other things."

The France international, who has 16 caps, was banned in March for four weeks after headbutting Scotland's Ben White in the Six Nations.

It was his second sending-off against Scotland in three years, after he punched Jamie Ritchie in 2020.

After spending his rugby career with Montpellier, Haouas was set to leave this summer after agreeing a three-year contract with Clermont.

However, the Top 14 club have said he "will not be able to wear the colours" following his guilty verdict.

In 2022, Haouas was handed an 18-month suspended sentence for his role in a series of burglaries in 2014.'

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

French prop banned. Empty Re: French prop banned.

Post by Geordie Tue May 30, 2023 9:01 pm

Stupid weak excuse of a man...deserves what he gets.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue May 30, 2023 9:20 pm

Yeah I just read about that. Not the first time Mo has been in trouble eh.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue May 30, 2023 10:20 pm

I have no time for excuses like him.

France will carry on without him, and will most likely be better off. Effective player, but a time bomb on the pitch. No real loss for them.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed May 31, 2023 11:35 am

I didn't overly like his character on the pitch, due to the two incidents mentioned.

This is deplorable though. I hope he doesn't find employment at another club again. Sadly some clubs don't really care what kind of characters they pick up.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:58 pm

Galthie actually rang him up to explain he wasn't going to be part of the WC squad. Rugby never ceases to amaze me.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:14 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Galthie actually rang him up to explain he wasn't going to be part of the WC squad. Rugby never ceases to amaze me.

If he personally rang him to tell him that what he did is unacceptable, the coach telling the player that he is out and remains out until he learns from his mistakes and grows/mature.... I'd have thought that should be something a coach/Galthie should do.

However it if was to call him and apologise that unfortunately due to issues beyond his control he can't be picked then that's complete bs.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down