The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Daley vs Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos

+3
Soldier_Of_Fortune
paul815
gibbo104
7 posters

Go down

Paul Daley vs Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos Empty Paul Daley vs Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos

Post by gibbo104 Tue 14 Jun 2011, 3:38 pm

A welterweight bout between Paul Daley (27-10-2 MMA, 2-1 SF) and Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos (18-14 MMA, 1-2 SF) has been added to next month's "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson" event.

This bout will take place on the main card July 30 at Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, Ill.
The headline bout for this card is Fedor vs. Henderson (really looking forward to this fight)

Daley looked good against Diaz despite the fact he lost at his own game, but with diaz confirmed to fight GSP at UFC 137 (Oct 29th Las Vegas) this will leave the Strikeforce 170lbs belt vacant for a new fighter. I hope if Daley can beat Santos (which I am saying he sould, they are both strikers but I give the edge to Daley on this fight) then he should fight for the vacant title as he probably gave the biggest challenge to Diaz during his Strikeforce title raine.

Of course all of that will be a moot point if Diaz loses to GSP (which he probably will) and Strikeforce just give him the belt back...

anyways this is my first post here and just wanted to let people know who didnt already that Daley will be fighting next month.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Paul Daley vs Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos Empty Re: Paul Daley vs Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos

Post by paul815 Tue 14 Jun 2011, 4:13 pm

thanks, it should be a good stand up war. got daley winning this one though. would love to see him next strikeforce champ Smile

paul815

Back to top Go down

Paul Daley vs Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos Empty Re: Paul Daley vs Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos

Post by gibbo104 Tue 14 Jun 2011, 4:52 pm

Yeah I would like to see Daley as the next champ also, in fact i would like to see any British fighter as a champ in a major MMA organisation so that hopefully the BBC will pull its finger out of its bum and actually start covering the sport.

Come on Mark Thompson get the BBC to actually cover MMA you know it makes sence! Very Happy

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 14 Jun 2011, 5:08 pm

With more intelligent approach, Daley could have had Diaz out of there a couple of time.

What a fight though!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 14 Jun 2011, 9:35 pm

anyone know what channel this will be on?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 3:16 pm

gibbo104 wrote:Yeah I would like to see Daley as the next champ also, in fact i would like to see any British fighter as a champ in a major MMA organisation so that hopefully the BBC will pull its finger out of its bum and actually start covering the sport.

Come on Mark Thompson get the BBC to actually cover MMA you know it makes sence! Very Happy

Can't see the BBC ever doing that I'm afraid. Best we can hope for is Channel 5 because they sometimes show older events at like 1 in the morning. As for the fight I wanna say Daley to win, but I reckon he'll get outted by a stoppage

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Thu 16 Jun 2011, 3:47 pm

See an easy 1st round KO for Daley here to possibly set up a rematch with Diaz for the Strikeforce WW title (assuming of course that Diaz gets beat by GSP)

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Thu 16 Jun 2011, 4:44 pm

I think mma will get a lot more coverage in the future in the UK but it will take time.

Regarding the fight I think Daley will win but it'll be a tough fight. I can see Cyborg trying to take this to the ground so it all depends on whether Daley has the takedown defense. From what I hear Daley has decent wrestling for so I'll take him 2nd round ko.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:09 am

Cyborgs out! I'm not to sure if they have found a replacement yet but Cyborgs out through a shoulder injury picked up in training.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 3:27 pm

Paul Daley's (27-10-2 MMA, 2-1 SF) new opponent at the Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson event is going to be the up and coming American wrestler Tyron Woodley (8-0 MMA, 6-0 SF).

I was really looking forward to Daley vs. Cyborg as that was going to be a stand up war but Woodley is going to have a completely different game plan and I can see this going to a UD win for Woodley via lay and pray..

Still I hope Fedor gets back to winning ways and KTFC Henderson

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Tue 28 Jun 2011, 4:34 pm

If Daley can't stop the takedowns it will be a very long night...hopefully he has sharpened this bit of his game up

How do people see the Fedor fight going? Like everyone else i want him to get back in the win column but this i a tough fight to call

If Hendo comes to bang i can see it going Fedor's way otherwise i see his wrestling winning a UD for him.

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down