The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Warren - Back on top of Boxing..

+2
No name Bertie
TRUSSMAN66
6 posters

Go down

Frank Warren - Back on top of Boxing.. Empty Frank Warren - Back on top of Boxing..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Oct 2023, 2:06 pm

Bless Eddie Hearn....."Conor Benn v Eubank is nearly as big a fight a Fury v Usyk"........Bless him again... Rolling Eyes

Fury v Ngannywanny stinks but it will be massive......Fury v Usyk soon after like all Heavy superfights is THE FIGHT...When the Heavies are interesting history shows little else matters.....

Fury will beat Usyk......Naturally 3 stone heavier and if he comes out like he did in Wilder 2 all the greatest footwork in the World isn't going to save the weak-bellied Ukrainian....

Fury is all wrong for Usyk...He can stand off and let the Cruiser try to get in range or jump on him....Bit like Norris v Taylor....

Which leaves Warren in charge of the Heavy division completely......AJ is taking 20-30% whether he likes it or not and there is more chance of a party on the Titanic than the gun shy poor man's Bruno-clone winning anyway.

Probably won't last but Warren soon will be the Man.....and fairplay to him.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Frank Warren - Back on top of Boxing.. Empty Re: Frank Warren - Back on top of Boxing..

Post by No name Bertie Fri 06 Oct 2023, 4:00 pm

I am of the view that Fury vs Usyk will be a straight forward win for Fury.  If Fury does not take the fight seriously and comes in out of shape then I think it will be more difficult for him.  If rumors are true that Fury is on the point of physical collapse (elbows, knees, ankles) then again it will be more difficult for him and he might lose on points.

These are my opinions.   There are many other opinions from the youtube bloggers and influencers.   There is a fairly widespread opinion that "Usyk is all wrong for Fury stylewise": he is too fast, too mobile, throws punches at all sorts of angles, has super ring IQ and all these combine mean, according to this opinion, that Usyk is favorite.  This opinion allies itself with the view that Fury ducked Usyk, and the reason why he ducked Usyk is that "Usyk is all wrong for Fury stylewise" and represents a high risk fight for Fury.  This opinion is supported by the difficulty Fury had with Steve Cunningham - described as a high mobility fighter like Usyk.

Another opinion is that "Fury is not good against southpaws" using the argument that Otto Wallin is a southpaw and Wallin nearly stopped Fury with legitimate punches (that cut Fury).  The proponents of that opinion go on to say that Usyk is a superior Southpaw to Wallin and hence Usyk is favorite.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Frank Warren - Back on top of Boxing.. Empty Re: Frank Warren - Back on top of Boxing..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Oct 2023, 4:06 pm

No name Bertie wrote:I am of the view that Fury vs Usyk will be a straight forward win for Fury.  If Fury does not take the fight seriously and comes in out of shape then I think it will be more difficult for him.  If rumors are true that Fury is on the point of physical collapse (elbows, knees, ankles) then again it will be more difficult for him and he might lose on points.

These are my opinions.   There are many other opinions from the youtube bloggers and influencers.   There is a fairly widespread opinion that "Usyk is all wrong for Fury stylewise": he is too fast, too mobile, throws punches at all sorts of angles, has super ring IQ and all these combine mean, according to this opinion, that Usyk is favorite.  This opinion allies itself with the view that Fury ducked Usyk, and the reason why he ducked Usyk is that "Usyk is all wrong for Fury stylewise" and represents a high risk fight for Fury.  This opinion is supported by the difficulty Fury had with Steve Cunningham - described as a high mobility fighter like Usyk.

Another opinion is that "Fury is not good against southpaws" using the argument that Otto Wallin is a southpaw and Wallin nearly stopped Fury with legitimate punches (that cut Fury).  The proponents of that opinion go on to say that Usyk is a superior Southpaw to Wallin and hence Usyk is favorite.

Wallin is a heavyweight..Usyk isn't.......and I imagine he will get his belly tested and if he does go down from a shot on the borderline no referee is going to give him 5 mins after last time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Sat 07 Oct 2023, 2:20 am

I'm disappointed that Usyk signed for this fight as he's almost certainly going to lose. Fury isn't a large minor talented heavyweight with just a big right and no jab that he can dance around for 36 minutes. Money isn't everything and Fury needed Usyk more than the other way around.

On the other hand I actually think Joshua could pull off an upset if he ever did face Fury. Usyk was too fast and too small a target for Joshua but Fury is slower with more to aim at. Joshua carries enough pop to cause a shock.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Oct 2023, 2:31 pm

Mochyn du wrote:I'm disappointed that Usyk signed for this fight as he's almost certainly going to lose.  Fury isn't a large minor talented heavyweight with just a big right and no jab that he can dance around for 36 minutes.  Money isn't everything and Fury needed Usyk more than the other way around.

On the other hand I actually think Joshua could pull off an upset if he ever did face Fury.  Usyk was too fast and too small a target for Joshua but Fury is slower with more to aim at.  Joshua carries enough pop to cause a shock.

AJ is gunshy and by the time Fury gets in his face in the build up......Joshua will be even more gunshy.

Joshua was never World standard in his prime....Forget it now a roly poly slob and a Cruiserweight outed him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 12 Oct 2023, 3:05 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Mochyn du wrote:I'm disappointed that Usyk signed for this fight as he's almost certainly going to lose.  Fury isn't a large minor talented heavyweight with just a big right and no jab that he can dance around for 36 minutes.  Money isn't everything and Fury needed Usyk more than the other way around.

On the other hand I actually think Joshua could pull off an upset if he ever did face Fury.  Usyk was too fast and too small a target for Joshua but Fury is slower with more to aim at.  Joshua carries enough pop to cause a shock.

AJ is gunshy and by the time Fury gets in his face in the build up......Joshua will be even more gunshy.

Joshua was never World standard in his prime....Forget it now a roly poly slob and a Cruiserweight outed him..

To be fair Fury needed an illegal shot to beat a lesser Cruiserweight than Usyk.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Oct 2023, 4:28 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

To be fair Fury needed an illegal shot to beat a lesser Cruiserweight than Usyk.

Tyson struggled with Tillis early in his career....Meaningless later on.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Fri 20 Oct 2023, 4:59 pm

Usyk isn’t a cruiserweight is he? Facing off against DuBois he looked a sturdy heavy to me…good enough height to keep on adding weight during those late thirty years where alas it’s all too easy to put on a bit extra.
Is he vulnerable to the body ? Possibly, however Holyfield had a 29 inch waist and was called a cruiser for years.
Still see it as a 50/50 because I have a hunch Usyks ring smarts are better than this version of Fury. All logic says Fury but I still think we could see Fury look right daft as if a bear were being poked with a stick.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 26 Oct 2023, 7:43 am

Looks Like misfits boxing could be moving up the list too Trussy as much as we hate it. Watched the other one the other week M.E.N was busy from start to end, if that was a boxing show it would have been dead untila bout 9 or 10.

Boxing needs to learn something from it cause whilst it wasn't a masterclass in the sport it gave 50/50 fights and entertainment (without needing tables being thrown) the 2 main events were dire but the rest was pretty good (yes, even the tag match :-))

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down