The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match With No Commentators

4 posters

Go down

Match With No Commentators Empty Match With No Commentators

Post by doctor_grey Sat 23 Dec 2023, 2:39 pm

Currently watching Racing Metro 92 tear up Oyonnax at home. It's interesting because there are no commentators, just the sounds of the players on the pitch and the referees. So no one talking over the referees. And there is a lot more referee-assistant referee chant than we usually hear during a game. For me, this is pretty cool, though I wouldn't want this to be the norm.

Very different take on a game. Wondering if this might be a good experiment for the URC or Premiership as an occasional change of pace?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Match With No Commentators Empty Re: Match With No Commentators

Post by jimbopip Sat 23 Dec 2023, 4:37 pm

Doc, are you fluent in the linga franca ? Or are you making it up as you go along?
Scrooge was visited by three spirits just before Chrimbo: Doc by three disembodied match officials.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 24 Dec 2023, 2:54 pm

I had the opportunity to do so once and it was great to be able to hear everything the ref said without numpties talking over them and it was so much better.

I would like it as an option on all games. commentators spoil it for me

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 24 Dec 2023, 11:36 pm

jimbopip wrote:Doc, are you fluent in the linga franca ? Or are you making it up as you go along?
Scrooge was visited by three spirits just before Chrimbo: Doc by three disembodied match officials.
When I was a young'un, there was a sadly misplaced intent that I would be classically educated was was forced to endure things like French class and hours of opera. So I can wing it a bit in French but still feel the need for a laxative when I hear opera. In this game I understood about half of what was said.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 25 Dec 2023, 9:14 am

doctor_grey wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Doc, are you fluent in the linga franca ? Or are you making it up as you go along?
When I was a young'un, there was a sadly misplaced intent that I would be classically educated was was forced to endure things like French class and hours  of opera.  So I can wing it a bit in French but still feel the need for a laxative when I hear opera.  In this game I understood about half of what was said.  

A sentence which I can apply to so many situations. Doh

Merry Chrimbo, Doc.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 25 Dec 2023, 1:25 pm

jimbopip wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
When I was a young'un, there was a sadly misplaced intent that I would be classically educated was was forced to endure things like French class and hours  of opera.  So I can wing it a bit in French but still feel the need for a laxative when I hear opera.  In this game I understood about half of what was said.  

A sentence which I can apply to so many situations. Doh

Merry Chrimbo, Doc.
Same to you, mate.  Same to all....

By the way, this doesn't feel like Christmas weather - 10°C and sun....

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 27 Dec 2023, 8:17 am

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

I think good commentary is great. Love it when someone can talk about in detail what the front row are trying to do in the scrum or when they pick apart how exactly a back move has worked as they've ran it slightly differently twice already, or in a previous round. Things you can easily miss on a first watch through. When the commentary is bad though yikes. Lawrence I'm looking at you. I think the north and south tv feeds are really chalk and cheese too; when you're watching a Rugby Championship match and get some of the Aussies on, jees it's like they deliberately don't keep up with law changes. I'm convinced that it leads to some of the growing issues with targeting refs as people just don't seem to understand the laws at all at times.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 30 Dec 2023, 1:10 pm

I am getting used to this as a change of pace. My feed this morning (it's just after 0800 right now) of the Lyon-Montpellier match also has no commentators.

Would be a bit more enjoyable if I was familiar with more of the players, but I recognise about half, I think. Which is why I would like to see this, at least as an experiment, in the URC or Premiership.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down