The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***Totesport Trophy Tipping Competition***

+2
theenigmathatisTIDALBAY
Grahame1971
6 posters

Go down

***Totesport Trophy Tipping Competition*** Empty ***Totesport Trophy Tipping Competition***

Post by Grahame1971 Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:31 am

Ok, Well let's have a bash at a little 'fun' competition for this Saturdays feature race at Newbury. I'll try and keep it quite simple (i hope) ..... And as the BBC always say these days ... it's just a bit of fun, No Prizes !!!!

Here goes ....

Select Three Horses you think will finish in the first Three places in this Saturdays Totesport Trophy at Newbury. Put them in the order you think they will finish. Points are awarded as follows -

10 Points for any horse you pick that is placed
20 Points if the horse you select to finish first Wins
10 Points if the horse you select to finish second does finish 2nd
5 points if the horse you selct to finish third does finish 3rd
5 Bonus Points if you pick the winner and its SP is greater than 10/1
5 Bonus Points for each horse you select that is placed at SP of 20/1 or greater

I hope this is reasonably clear ... again, it's a bit of fun for anybody who wants to play.

I'll post the results on here after racing tomorrow afternoon ... The race goes off at 3.35pm so all entries must be in by 3.30pm.

A list of all runners is available at the Racing Post if you click on this link (or copy and paste into your browser) http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=521667&r_date=2011-02-12

Good Luck All :lol:

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

***Totesport Trophy Tipping Competition*** Empty ***Totesport Trophy Tipping Competition***

Post by Grahame1971 Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:44 am

Just as an addition to the points scoring .... Any NON RUNNER that you select will be counted as an un-placed selection unless you change it before the off of the race.

I'll kick us off with my selections then -

1) Walkon
2) Final Approach
3) Tarkari

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

***Totesport Trophy Tipping Competition*** Empty Re: ***Totesport Trophy Tipping Competition***

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:46 pm

ok i will go for the following

1 - Salden Licht
2 - Walk On
3 - Rebel Dancer

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

***Totesport Trophy Tipping Competition*** Empty Re: ***Totesport Trophy Tipping Competition***

Post by Solerina Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Grahame...this is fantastic! Our very first forum competition.....I am beyond excitement!

Here are my selections

1 - Walkon

2 - Soldatino

3 - Get Me Out Of Here.

I'm hoping to be home from work in time for the race but if I'm not, can I have Saldon Licht as a reserve, please, should one of the above be declared a non-runner.

Thank you so much for doing this for us Grahame........I think it could become your regular job on a Saturday Very Happy

Hopefully a few more people will join in.

Solerina

Last edited by Solerina on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelt horse's name wrong)

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:20 pm

No worries Solerina, it's a pleasure to post a little comp on here ... I hope we get a couple more enter or else it's a shoot out between me, you and Harchibald !!!

I'll put a comp up when i can .. I'll try for one at least every Sat and also for the big meetings (Cheltenham will have to be put up before the meeting starts as i'll be a little busy for the 4 days Very Happy )

I'll try and drum up a few more members too in the meantime.

Cheers :friend:

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by saxonviolins Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:13 am

1. Sweet My Lord

2. Notus De La Tour

3. Bothy

saxonviolins

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:29 am

Morning all,first time on these boards,just over from the original 606,be gentle with me!

Cracking renewal of the Tote Trophy,think that the handicapper knows alot about the top weights and i reckon its a race to concentrate on the lighter raced,unexposed types.
1.IOLITH
2.FINAL APPROACH
3.WASHINGTON IRVINE (hes a monkey,rogue and scallywag rolled into one but 66s is too big).

Good luck to all,particularly me!

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:25 pm

Hello racingnut and saxonviolins

Welcome to our racing forum......so glad you've joined in with our competition.

Just got home from work in time to watch the race

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:35 pm

Oh no...what's Ted Walsh talking about?

Two horses died in the parade ring at Newbury, racing has, understandably, been cancelled.

I'm going to find out what's happened

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:47 pm

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/11/02/12/RACING_Newbury.html&BID=465

Never heard of anything like this before....a horrendous incident.......poor horses...RIP

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:09 pm

Not a nice incident at all and obviously terrible for all connections of the horses involved. It does seem bizzare that something like this could happen out of the blue , credit for C4 racing for covering it and the way they explained how horses are less tolerant to electrical charge than humans. One thing i'm slightly confused with though is that initially when John Francome and i think it was Jim McGrath covered it they said that since the last meeting a new drainage pump had been put in under the paddock but when Alice Plunkett interviewed Christopher Spence, the Newbury Chairman, he said that no work had been carried out since the last meeting.
It's all very strange, but i guess we'll find out sooner or later what happened. Thay are looking at the possibility of holding the meeting on Wednesday which i'd be suprised if they do however if they do we'll carry this comp over.

I hope i'm not a jinx, typical first competition on here and it hardly goes to plan ..... Sad

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Grahame1971 wrote:

I hope i'm not a jinx, typical first competition on here and it hardly goes to plan ..... Sad

Aaaw, Grahame.....there's no such thing as a jinx so don't worry.

Not a very good start to our forum comps......I can't see the meeting being held in the next few days.....too much investigating to be done.

I can't imagine what it was.....I watched the replay of what happened.........it's lucky the lads and lassies weren't injured, with horses plunging around like that.

Unless they can find the exact cause ,and rectify the problem, I can't see anyone wanting to send their horses to race at Newbury anytime soon.

A totally bizarre incident.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:32 pm

A day that promised so much ends up delivering nothing but heartache,4 deaths and the loss of a very high profile meeeting.Hard to take in the scenes at Newbury,it was like a Dick Francis novel and to lose two old warriors like Money Trix and Glencove Marina in the same race was the original bitter after taste.Without doubt the right call by Newbury to abandon,you just couldnt take a chance on it happening again.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:07 pm

racingnut wrote:A day that promised so much ends up delivering nothing but heartache,4 deaths and the loss of a very high profile meeeting.Hard to take in the scenes at Newbury,it was like a Dick Francis novel and to lose two old warriors like Money Trix and Glencove Marina in the same race was the original bitter after taste.Without doubt the right call by Newbury to abandon,you just couldnt take a chance on it happening again.

I knew about Money Trix,I could see it was bad as he was being pulled up but I didn't know about Glencove Marina, what a dreadful day for racing it's been.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:28 am

I reckon we need to relaunch this contest for Friday!

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:35 am

steveo77 wrote:I reckon we need to relaunch this contest for Friday!

I think we're just going to carry it over, I suppose we can edit our selections if we wish, I don't know.

We'll see what Grahame has to say.

I'll keep mine the same presuming they all run.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:44 am

Will do Steveo ..... Just waiting for a bit of clarity with whats going to run. They opened it back up with the 5 day decs however we should have a bit of a clearer picture tomorrow with the 24hr decs, then it will be all systems go !!!!

I'll post all decalred runners at some point tomorrow when they come through and then we can either re-enter selections or ammend the original choices on here.

I'm also going to put up a Saturday tipping comp which i should be able to post on Friday .... Just going to tweak it a little so that it covers a handful of races .... Just for a bit of fun :lol:

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:07 pm

Grahame1971 wrote:.........then it will be all systems go !!!!

Loving your enthusiasm Grahame Very Happy

I have to leave for work at 3.40 on Saturday but hopefully I'll be able to catch most of the racing.

Wish we could get a few more folks posting on here.

I'm going to see how many members are actually posting on the racing part of this forum............this could take me a while.....and I still might get it wrong lol

Back in a minute

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Well..........I make it 12.........including admin/mods.

Only I would be sad enough to want to work that out lol

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:57 pm

ok I will try and remember to post my selections tomorrow for this

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Where's Grahame?!! Hope he hasn't forgotten the comp!

My selections are all still running so I'll keep them the same please.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Just posted a new link for the comp .... all entries on here will stand unless amended.

Good Luck everyone ....... :friend:

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down