The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haney v Garcia ??......Maybe Youtube boxing isn't so bad.

+2
88Chris05
TRUSSMAN66
6 posters

Go down

Haney v Garcia ??......Maybe Youtube boxing isn't so bad. Empty Haney v Garcia ??......Maybe Youtube boxing isn't so bad.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Feb 2024, 11:58

Quits after being outboxed by Gervonta Davis........and pretty much given another shot straight away against Haney a guy even higher than Davis on the P4P list.....

Really ?????........Guess the win over Oscar Duarte must have educated him a lot..

Waste of time fight.......Maybe give Tommy Fury another Youtuber on the undercard probably be more competitive..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Haney v Garcia ??......Maybe Youtube boxing isn't so bad. Empty Re: Haney v Garcia ??......Maybe Youtube boxing isn't so bad.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 11 Mar 2024, 15:54

If this fight goes ahead...Shame on Boxing.

Garcia obviously has a problem with substances....Saw a bit of the conference and he was on something then and it would have been in the afternoon...Added to other alarming moments it isn't good.

Money talks I know but this kid needs help...Not a battering.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Haney v Garcia ??......Maybe Youtube boxing isn't so bad. Empty Re: Haney v Garcia ??......Maybe Youtube boxing isn't so bad.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 20 Apr 2024, 15:40

If anything bad happens to Ryan Garcia then the integrity-less gimps known as DelaHoya and Hearn should feel really proud of themselves...scumbags-for-cash.....

The kid is obviously lost to drugs....Three pounds overweight after moving up and drinking or pretending to drink beer while laughing at his indiscretion....Obviously with late PPv buys in the offering seeing a kid swilling beer is really going to help the promotion.,,He is out of control.

We know the piece of filth Barry Hearn fathered has form....Trying to sell a fight with a drug cheat in...Rather than call it off....."Eubank is happy with the amount of drugs in his system etc"..

But this is an alltime low........Anyone with experience of being around drug users recognise the hyper activity...feral behaviour.........and it is sad it really is....

Boxing really is in the gutter.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat 20 Apr 2024, 21:14

Everything about the build up to this fight (including the weigh in) looks fake and staged, and I'm fully expecting the fight itself to look the same. Strongly suspect that Garcia knows he's not supposed to, or allowed to win and won't try particularly hard to do so. Might well explain why he's failed to make weight despite moving up a division. Why strain when he's already agreed not to hurt Haney?

But hey, if he's gonna flop, quit at the first sign of trouble, pull his punches, let Haney pitty-pat his way to a win in a glorified sparring session etc. etc., then might as well distract from that by hamming up his odd and erratic behaviour to keep his name relevant and entertain his legions of TikTok fans.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, it's not all WWF-level guff and he's coming to win. Let's hope I am.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 21 Apr 2024, 06:10

Crazy or crazy like a fox? Doh

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

88Chris05 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 21 Apr 2024, 08:04

Well, as Roger Mayweather would say: "88Chris05, you don't know sh*t 'bout boxin'!!!"
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 21 Apr 2024, 11:15

kingraf wrote:Crazy or crazy like a fox? Doh

It's great  thumbsup ...Think everyone known to dabble in drugs acting like a smack head should be allowed to fight....After all it might be an act !!....Forget guys like...

DOKES v Coetzee (face down on the canvas)
BUMPHUS v Honeyghan (Could hardly walk straight before the first bell)...(Duva "I knew Johnny was an addict I just wanted him to have one last payday)

But like Teddy Atlas and others who begged for the NY state to stop the fight I guess I got conned...I don't like the behaviour just like I don't agree with Men smacking Women unlike other posters on here. Wink

However a great looking kid with talent and an outgoing personality becoming a top fighter can only be good for the sport....Let's hope he cuts the crap he doesn't need to do it....and it's nice seeing someone shutting up Haney's moron Father.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 21 Apr 2024, 11:55

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
kingraf wrote:Crazy or crazy like a fox? Doh

It's great  thumbsup ...Think everyone known to dabble in drugs acting like a smack head should be allowed to fight....After all it might be an act !!....Forget guys like...

DOKES v Coetzee (face down on the canvas)
BUMPHUS v Honeyghan (Could hardly walk straight before the first bell)...(Duva "I knew Johnny was an addict I just wanted him to have one last payday)

But like Teddy Atlas and others who begged for the NY state to stop the fight I guess I got conned...I don't like the behaviour just like I don't agree with Men smacking Women unlike other posters on here. Wink

However a great looking kid with talent and an outgoing personality becoming a top fighter can only be good for the sport....Let's hope he cuts the crap he doesn't need to do it....and it's nice seeing someone shutting up Haney's moron Father.

Maybe just admit you got it wrong instead of making excuses, champ. In any case, Ali is your hero and you're talking about "I don't agree with women getting smacked by men", physician heal thyself Whistle Whistle Whistle
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 21 Apr 2024, 12:17

Anyway, onto the fight - ultimately boxing is the hurt game, and Haney couldn't hurt Garcia. He looked like he'd gotten some pop in the Prograis fight, but its hard, and maybe flat out impossible to win a fight at that level if a guy starts walking through you for no punishment, especially if that guy
has the speed and power Garcia does.

As an aside, I genuinely can't decide if the ref was very good or atrocious. Allowed excessive holding on both sides. Gave a final warning for holding, and then proceeded to let Haney hold on for dear life after the third Knockdown. Also allowed Garcia to shell up with half his back turned. I guess he went in deciding he wasn't going to be the story, so on that front, maybe he had a great fight. But in terms of reffing a fight under Queensberry rules... an absolute mare.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 21 Apr 2024, 12:53

Moving on....

How much time did the referee give Haney after the first knockdown.....Poor refereeing most of the fight actually.....Reminded me of the wally who did Lewis v Tyson.

Haney well I guess he isn't Mayweather and his lack of power may hinder him....But we will see ..Have to make Gervonta favorite for their eventual clash.

Garcia is certainly the hottest star right now....World at his feet...Think it will end in tears and rehab though sadly.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 21 Apr 2024, 14:43

Harvey Dock is on the take, if you can’t see that you need your head read. Should never be allowed near a big fight again. He’s a disgrace to the noble art

Garcia should fight Prograis or Matias this year, but I don’t think Hoya will put him anywhere near those two

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 21 Apr 2024, 15:11

Garcia's last PPV made over $100m in PPV revenue and over $20m at the gate. Haney's last fight made $4m combined. If Dock was gonna back the money fighter in hopes of getting future earnings,  I'd think he'd have the mathematical knowledge to back the actual money fighter.
He was just bad.

Garcia should be the face of boxing, he's good looking, has serious KO power in that left hand, and knows how to keep himself in the headlines. End of the day though, while he hammed it up for the fight (supposedly, it was apple juice and sparkling water he drank at the weigh in), he's already called off one fight due to his mental health, and you cant be crazy like a fox without being at least a little crazy. Easy to forget with how one sided the second half of the fight was, Garcia lost pretty much every minute of the first half after he landed that left hook. Which seems to be his problem. He can come alive in spurts, but you'd think heavier handed fighters at 140, like Matias and Lopez will punish his inactivity more. His dad seems to be looking for a title fight against Pitbull Cruz, which would be a good fight. Although, I don't know the point of looking for a title fight when Ryan isn't going to make weight.

For Haney, ultimately, I'm not sure what the way is moving forward. Assuming Boots and Crawford go up, I think he has a chance to pink up some cheap belts at 147, which is uncharacteristically light for what has historically been arguably the best division in boxing. He looks gaunt every weigh in, so I'm sure 147 is an easier fit.

Saying all that, a year ago around this time, Haney had beaten Lomachenko, and Garcia supposedly quit against Tank, and now they've had a reversal of fortunes. So things change quickly in boxing.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 21 Apr 2024, 15:55

Wait a sec @Kingraf, you’re trying to say Dock wasn’t overtly pro Haney the whole fight?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun 21 Apr 2024, 18:06

The weight issue makes the fight largely irrelevant. Garcia knew he couldn't make weight so didn't even bother trying whereas Haney did, the fight then turns in the second half of the fight when such issues would come into play.

Soul Requiem

Derek Smalls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 21 Apr 2024, 18:27

I think that’s very generous from Raf calling it incompetence, Dock’s a pos in my eyes. Didn’t see the fight only highlights but it’s these kind of upsets that keep the sport interesting. I think 99.5% of fans had Haney for the win.  I just hope Oscar isn’t going to milk Ryan now for the next couple of years with a series of bum fights. Lastly, was this the first time ever Devin didn’t outweigh his opponent in his whole career?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Apr 2024, 12:03

Herman Jaeger wrote:I think that’s very generous from Raf calling it incompetence, Dock’s a pos in my eyes. Didn’t see the fight only highlights but it’s these kind of upsets that keep the sport interesting. I think 99.5% of fans had Haney for the win.  I just hope Oscar isn’t going to milk Ryan now for the next couple of years with a series of bum fights. Lastly, was this the first time ever Devin didn’t outweigh his opponent in his whole career?

Referee was incompetent or bent........The holding should have been a point off and the first time Garcia hits on the break in frustration he gives Haney another 20 seconds to recover plus a 9-8 instead of a 10-8...That's after the 20 seconds he gave him after the first knockdown.

Anyone who gets this guy for a Haney fight should object just like Duva and the rest used to object to Steele when they fought a King boxer.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Wed 24 Apr 2024, 00:51

The fight should not have gone ahead. It wasn’t at catchweight, every pound over a weight class is like crossing a time-zone, three pounds over is a joke.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Apr 2024, 12:04

Derek Smalls wrote:The fight should not have gone ahead. It wasn’t at catchweight, every pound over a weight class is like crossing a time-zone, three pounds over is a joke.

Matthew Hilton reckoned if he weighed in on the day of a fight he was 12 pounds heavier by fight time...Probably 24 if it was the day before...I imagine Hearns at Welter was more like a Middle by fight time....

Garcia must have lost weight to get to 143.....i don't see it as too big of a deal.....Haney thought it would be easy...I'd pick him to win a rematch.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 24 Apr 2024, 13:05

I don't know it makes a huge difference if two people have a training camp and one ends up at 143 and and the other 140, but if one guy spends his last week draining himself to make 140, and the other doesn't, the advantage obviously goes to the guy who didn't have to drain himself. If losing the extra three pounds was inconsequential, he would have lost it. You don't give up $1.5m because you can't be bothered.

Haney just thought Garcia was so far gone it wouldn't make a difference. He was played. Such is life.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down