The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROYAL ASCOT DAY THREE

3 posters

Go down

ROYAL ASCOT DAY THREE Empty ROYAL ASCOT DAY THREE

Post by racingnut Wed 15 Jun 2011, 8:24 pm

Two down three to go,very difficult day today but top stuff as usual.Great duel for the big race,mark my words So You Think will still be a big player in all the mid distance pots to come.Ladies Day action centres on the Gold Cup with some cracking support events,heres how i see it.

2.30 Two year old race...extended lunch with a few guinness

3.05 Oaks form had a fairly solid look about it to my eye,Rumh ran well against the Oaks first and third at Newbury,stamina in abundance,stable going well.She must go well.

3.45 Wont have Fame and Glory with counterfeit money and hes got the 7lb penalty that is "Frank" Spencer.Stupid price,readily passed over in favour of Duncan.Has some real solid form at shorter including when second to Harbinger here last year.Must go close if he truly stays and at around 6s he is worth a punt.

4.25 Minefield handicap,plenty have chances but i like Tinkertown even though Spencer has the ride.Was at Redcar when he won and he showed a real finishing kick.Hope they go real quick and Frank can drop him in front on the line.

5.00 Handicap full of unexposed types who will be plying their trade in Listed/Group company come the late season.Midsummer Sun grabs my attention.Bolted up at Haydock after running in that really hot looking maiden thats thrown plenty of winners.He was in the King Edward but comes into this lesser contest instead.Big player.

5.35 yet another minefield handicap but a notebook horse in Brown Panther takes the eye.Won nicely at Haydock after running a race full of promise earlier in the season.Any rain would be a help but he looks to enjoy a big field,strong pace,which he is almost certain to get.

If you play best of luck(yet to have a bet but its grat viewing) thumbsup

racingnut

Back to top Go down

ROYAL ASCOT DAY THREE Empty Re: ROYAL ASCOT DAY THREE

Post by steveo77 Wed 15 Jun 2011, 11:10 pm

well after day 2 I think I need to play it a bit less safe.
trouble is tomorrow looks even harder than today!!

2.30 I like the look of Bannock and Everyday Dave.

3.05 my problem today was with the fillies races and this looks just as difficult tomorrow. maybe a small each way on Zain al Boldan

3.45 the main 2 might not stay that is the problem. But I like them both. In the same way as I thought today Rewilding was class so too are F&G and Duncan. The latter has course form, F&G maybe has too much class for him though. In my opinion he is the best horse not to win the Derby in the last 10 years. If he stays he wins.

4.25 Sagramor looks good

5.00 agree with you about midsummer sun - he should have run in the Derby but can make amends here

5.35 havent looked yet

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 3:59 pm

Fame and Glory !! Yahoo

what a great performance. this is a really top class horse and so unlucky to come up against Sea the Stars in the Derby a couple of years ago.

ends my losing streak in the tipping contest too Very Happy

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 4:32 pm

2 in a row for me now Yahoo
what a great day ! Very Happy

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Thu 16 Jun 2011, 5:25 pm

steveo77 wrote:2 in a row for me now Yahoo
what a great day ! Very Happy

Well done steveo!

I've been out this afternoon but got back in time to see my horse in the 5.00 come second to the 20/1 horse Shocked

I'm going to see how I've done in the comp so far today

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Thu 16 Jun 2011, 5:29 pm

Solerina wrote:

I'm going to see how I've done in the comp so far today

Unbelievably bad laughing

Come on Apache!!!

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down