The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Stanley Cup Champions

+5
GG
WhiteCamry
Gaelic-Warrior
calamity jane
Prairieswan
9 posters

Go down

Your Stanley Cup Champions  Empty Your Stanley Cup Champions

Post by Prairieswan Thu 16 Jun - 12:59

Dedicated , honest , work harding , talented , team player . Ever since I can remember that was your average Boston Bruin player . Mark Recchi is , at the very least , all those . To all the Bruin fans that have been waiting all these years thumbsup

Prairieswan

Back to top Go down

Your Stanley Cup Champions  Empty Re: Your Stanley Cup Champions

Post by calamity jane Thu 16 Jun - 22:09

I am so glad Recchi decided to give it one final year with the Bruins. He has been a leader, a mentor and an inspiration.

Enjoy your retirement Rex, you deserve it.

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Fri 17 Jun - 4:37

Didn't watch the finals, but well done Boston. OK

Absolutely disgraceful scenes afterwards in Vancouver though, c'mon have they turned into Glasgow Rangers fans or something? An embarrassing incident for the sport, disgraceful!
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Fri 17 Jun - 4:59

Gaelic-Warrior wrote:Didn't watch the finals, but well done Boston. OK

Absolutely disgraceful scenes afterwards in Vancouver though, c'mon have they turned into Glasgow Rangers fans or something? An embarrassing incident for the sport, disgraceful!

Who says Canadians aren't violent? Off the ice, I mean?

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Fri 17 Jun - 5:07

Aye that's one thing WC, but that was just OTT.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Fri 17 Jun - 5:35

It came on the news and the sound was off so I thought there was trouble in another middle eastern country or something like that. I then saw a guy amongst the crowd wearing a Sedin shirt....

Last edited by GG on Fri 17 Jun - 5:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 17 Jun - 5:36

As much as I think the people rioting were a disgrace, what I find funny is they're grieving because they've just watched their team lose the biggest game in the last 20 years for their franchise and now they've got a smashed up city to live in too.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Fri 17 Jun - 8:22

And the thing is, they did exactly the same thing the last time they lost the cup in 1994.

Most fans are disgusted at what happened and they've been out and helped with the clearing up of the damage.

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by HHealer Fri 17 Jun - 23:12

Gaelic-Warrior wrote:

At least they waited for a loss in Game 7, Montreal 'fans' burn cars, break windows etc. Even when they win in the playoffs they riot as they have done after wins against both Pittsburgh (last year) and Boston ('08)

HHealer

Back to top Go down

Post by HHealer Fri 17 Jun - 23:49

calamity jane wrote:And the thing is, they did exactly the same thing the last time they lost the cup in 1994.

Most fans are disgusted at what happened and they've been out and helped with the clearing up of the damage.

Jane, you heading to the parade Saturday morning? Starts 11am at the Garden, it will take the 'usual route' to Copley sq. Down Tremont past the Common then on to Boylston. Well, enjoy it. Sox game has been moved to a 7.05 start from 1pm. Bruins will be at Fenway Sunday.

Wouldn't go myself, if I was back in NE, but happy for all Bruins fans. I have already had some of my teary-eyed Bruin relatives toasting departed family members with glasses of whiskey on facebook and skype in scenes akin to the Sox winning in '04! Sad
Under the tough weather beaten outer layer were a sentemental lot we New Englanders.
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall 'round Jack Edwards house when Game 7 finished! Very Happy Just to hear a speech about the great 'Hub of Hockey' and how terrible it must be to live in Canada! Or something along those lines! Rolling Eyes

HHealer

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat 18 Jun - 2:46

Your Stanley Cup Champions  Funny-12

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HHealer Wed 22 Jun - 4:49

Here's the Bruins bar tab from Stanley Cup party in Connecticut on Saturday night. It features 35 Jager bombs, 136 Bud lites, 36 Red Bulls (18 sugarfree!) 3 bottles of Capt. Morgan and one bottle of champaign worth $100,000!!!! Plus a lot more. Sounds like one 'ell of a party.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2011/06/the_big_bad_bru.html

HHealer

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Wed 22 Jun - 11:05

Play hard, party hard.

Apparently no one has owned up to ordering the Heineken Light. Very Happy

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by HHealer Thu 23 Jun - 0:31

.....Or the Kami Kazi and cherry bacardi. Very Happy
For the sake of hockey players macho persona, from the pictures I saw, I will put it down to the fact that there were a lot of women at that night club! Whistle

No Sam Adams (Summer Ale is nice Ale) or any other New England craft beers on that list by the way, disapointing.

HHealer

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Thu 23 Jun - 1:07

Yes I'm assuming the wives, girlfriends and assorted puck-bunnies were responsible for the Bacardi.

I did wonder if the non-alcoholic stuff was for Tyler Seguin seeing as he's still under age, but the pics of him dancing on the bar with his shirt off put paid to that idea. Very Happy

Sam Summer. My favourite (closely followed by Blue Moon)

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 23 Jun - 1:14

lol manning thats great .. cause its true !

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Prairieswan Thu 23 Jun - 5:43

Don't be fooled , those weren't Canucklehead fans causing a disturbance . They were just common criminals taking advantage of a situation like in 94 that Calamity was speaking of . The difference this time is the good fans are helping track the criminals this time & good on them . What a great Boston team I've supported over the years without a prize , much like the Red Sox . I.m starting to think there is something special about a Boston fan , no matter the sport & no matter the wait .... P.S. WOOOOOHOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!

Prairieswan

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 7 Oct - 10:45

Very good ceremeny, nice touch with Recchi and the jacket, lovely to see Bobby Orr.
Didn't see Ray Bourke at all, a bit of needle perhaps with Cam Neely?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 20 Oct - 6:26

Watched the Bruins / Hurricanes game last night; what was wrong with Boston? Apart from the fact they looked terible, their headss weren't in the game at all, Lukic and Chara, to name two, just skating round looking for someone to mug. Hope the NHL come down hard on Julien and the rest of the organization; that was a disgrace.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Sun 23 Oct - 23:46

Have to say as a Bruins fan that game was an embarrassment. The players just lost it completely.

They were much better in the following game against Totonto and that is how they should continue to play. Last night's game against the Sharks was very entertaining. Wrong result for us (the B's need to stop giving up early goals) but I'm liking the Lucic-Kelly-Seguin line.

Nice tribute and reaction from the Garden crowd to Joe Thornton acknowledging his 1,000th game.

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 27 Oct - 0:04

jane, Speaking as a Habs fan, you're fortunate you've only had one game that's been an embarrassment, we've had a whole season of them. Perhaps to be continued this weekend?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 28 Oct - 3:41

Good win for Le Montrealers last night vs the Philadelphias, at Boston tonight, with the Bruins invading Le Centre Bell on Saturday. Crunch-time comes early.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Fri 28 Oct - 9:36

Just settling myself down to watch this one. I'm happy seeing Pacioretty back on the ice for the Habs. He had a great game the other night. And Pouliot playing against his old club too. Should all make for a good game.

D'you think Chara will be dressed like this tonight?

http://media.nesn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/IMG_7404.jpg

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 28 Oct - 12:12

thumbsup
Pacioretty would have something to say about it if he did . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Fri 28 Oct - 22:40

Well that has to be one of the most bizarre goals I have ever seen. Bergeron loses the face-off, breaks his stick and falls flat on his face, and then his opponent gets the puck and fires it straight between his own goalie's legs. Totally bonkers.

But seriously Bruins, it's time to shake off that Stanley Cup hangover and start concentrating on this season. It doesn't look good when the champions are bottom of the Eastern Conference.

Oh, and did you see the goal-fest between the Jets and the Flyers? I think it eventually finished 9-8 to the Jets.

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 29 Oct - 0:56

Plekanec scored at both ends!

That's 13 goals shipped by the Flyers in just over 24 hours - both teams changed their goalies, no word on what the defensive coaches had to change.

Come on now jane, Round 1 to Les Habs, but doubt anyone in Montreal is too confident we'll win Round 2 on Saturday.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Sat 29 Oct - 3:51

calamity jane wrote:Well that has to be one of the most bizarre goals I have ever seen. Bergeron loses the face-off, breaks his stick and falls flat on his face, and then his opponent gets the puck and fires it straight between his own goalie's legs. Totally bonkers.

I missed that. Have you a Youtube link?

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Sat 29 Oct - 8:30

Your wish is my command.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FURkM1OUdw0

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 29 Oct - 10:13

jane,
That's great, but is the best thing about it the link to the Subban / Marchand faux fight?
I am advised by my Brad Marchand correspondent that he had a Championship tattoo which spelt "championship" incorrectly.
!!!!

Last edited by kwinigolfer on Sat 29 Oct - 11:33; edited 1 time in total

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Sat 29 Oct - 10:43

Subban v. Marchand was hilarious. Fight 1 was classed as "holding". Fight 2 was designated "delay of game" and then fight 3 was finally declared a proper fight. Very entertaining.

Yes, apparently Brad's tat was spelled "champians". I think he's had it corrected though.

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 30 Oct - 22:56

Great four days for Les Habs, didn't see that coming. Sorry jane. Did you get any snow? We seem to have missed it, by about thirty miles. Good!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Mon 31 Oct - 1:34

Yes apparently the Bruins are suffering the worst Stanley Cup hangover in twenty years. Not good.

As for the snow; We've got a couple of inches here. Enough for my 5k road race this morning to be cancelled which is a shame. Plenty of homes without power thanks to tree branches falling onto power lines. Winter in New England - you can't beat it Smile

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by HHealer Mon 31 Oct - 3:25

kwinigolfer wrote:Great four days for Les Habs, didn't see that coming. Sorry jane. Did you get any snow? We seem to have missed it, by about thirty miles. Good!

Nice dusting here on the CT shoreline this morning after the 'Great October Nor'easter of 2011' !!!! Very Happy
Beautiful sunny Sunday morning now melting it all away. A lot of power out in the upper part of the state due to the high winds late last night.

HHealer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 31 Oct - 3:48

Healer, Where are you? Got to know the economically depressed New London (on the banks of the Thames of course) when my daughter spent some time at Conn Coll.

Sorry to hear about your race, jane, no chance of strapping on the x-country boards then?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by HHealer Mon 31 Oct - 10:52

kwinigolfer wrote:Healer, Where are you? Got to know the economically depressed New London (on the banks of the Thames of course) when my daughter spent some time at Conn Coll.

Sorry to hear about your race, jane, no chance of strapping on the x-country boards then?

Funny you mention New London as Im only 10 min from the city line. In the town of Waterford, west of New London. Yes it is pretty depressed, long past its 'glory' days of trying to wipe out the Whale! Waterford is a nice quiet leafy town on L.I Sound.

HHealer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 31 Oct - 11:05

thumbsup

Nice part of the world.
Spent a lot of time working the other end of the State, in Stamford. Not nearly so pleasant!
Also watched the Hartford Whalers once when Gordie Howe was playing with his two sons. Seems a long time ago!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down