The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back 3 at London Irish next year

5 posters

Go down

London Irish back 3 next year

Back 3 at London Irish next year Vote_lcap22%Back 3 at London Irish next year Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 4 ]
Back 3 at London Irish next year Vote_lcap22%Back 3 at London Irish next year Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 4 ]
Back 3 at London Irish next year Vote_lcap6%Back 3 at London Irish next year Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Back 3 at London Irish next year Vote_lcap6%Back 3 at London Irish next year Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Back 3 at London Irish next year Vote_lcap0%Back 3 at London Irish next year Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Back 3 at London Irish next year Vote_lcap17%Back 3 at London Irish next year Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]
Back 3 at London Irish next year Vote_lcap27%Back 3 at London Irish next year Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 5 ]
Back 3 at London Irish next year Vote_lcap0%Back 3 at London Irish next year Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 18

Back 3 at London Irish next year Empty Back 3 at London Irish next year

Post by rugbyman Thu 16 Jun - 21:28

Just wanted to run this as it's the most exciting part of our line up by far in terms of strength in depth.
Basically if you're at all intersested in our back 3 prospects next year vote for 2 wings ana a FB out of the list.
Personally I'd go with Tagi (when fit he's our best back now Maps has gone), Armitage and Ojo, which is ver harsh on Thompstone and Homer in particular.

Anyhoo, I'd like to see what others think...

rugbyman

Back to top Go down

Back 3 at London Irish next year Empty Re: Back 3 at London Irish next year

Post by MR. scotland27 Thu 16 Jun - 21:47

I would go with Tagicakibau as he is a great player, Armatige as he is most experinced and can be good but needs to sought his temprement out at times, and Tom Homer because he is much younger than Ojo, Kicks very well for a young man and in my opinion is not any slower or worse at scoring tries.

I also hope Ansboro has a good season after the world cup next season as he is a good prospect for Scotland in the future!
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Thu 16 Jun - 21:51

Not an Irish fan but there are a few exciting players to choose from there. If Bowden is to continue to play at 10 then I think they will have to try and make space for Homer due to his goal kicking. I know Armitage can kick but he's hardly a front line goal kicker.

I rate Tagicakibau but can he him being on the bench for the reasons above, although I'm thinkiing everyone other than Yarde should get at least decent game time during next season. Armitage and Ansbro could well be in NZ for the first part of the season anyway.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by johnpartle Thu 16 Jun - 23:09

With Hape & Ansbro pretty much guaranteed to be in their national squads for the WC & 6N, I think we'll see Joseph mostly playing in his favoured centre role.

I hope we see a lot more of Homer & Thompstone next year.

johnpartle

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Thu 16 Jun - 23:14

London Irish are have been extremely blessed with some very promising young outside backs recently. So much so that they have let two very promising players leave Marcus Watson (to Saracens) and Sam Edgerley (Rumour has it a switch to RL or London Wasps).

I'm hoping Irish will rotate a lot. I see the starting back three as being: Tagicakibau, Armitage and Ojo, but I hope Thompstone and Homer get good game time. What are the chances of Jon Joseph getting game time at centre, any Irish fans got an opinion?

Edit: Beat me to it Very Happy
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down