The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prices of test cricket tickets?

3 posters

Go down

Prices of test cricket tickets? Empty Prices of test cricket tickets?

Post by ConnorOutlaws Sun 19 Jun 2011, 2:29 pm

So will the ecb recognise that the prices are too high for test cricket? I mean, listening to what sky had to say yesterday about the prices and it's a disgrace, I remember about 6 years ago an ticket for an adult at trent bridge for an adult was £30, now prices are around £45 and that's with members discount it's unfathomable and unsustainable, especially with 2 county's making a profit last year, furthermore apart from one day at lords i don't think any days of the test match has sold out this year.

ConnorOutlaws

Back to top Go down

Prices of test cricket tickets? Empty Re: Prices of test cricket tickets?

Post by activereactive Mon 20 Jun 2011, 11:25 am

So will the ecb recognise that the prices are too high for test cricket?
I hope it does, but the prices are scandalously too high, I was quoted £360 for 2 tickets for the test matches btwn Eng Ind, for the weekend / for Sunday.

£360 includes £60 administration fee, I was shocked, as I could buy a return ticket to Ind Pkn SL or BD to go to watch some game over there and return with smile on my face. stuff the ecb randy

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarrayb Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:41 pm

Ticket prices are now astronomical, following the huge success of the Ashes in 2005, the ECB only slightly inflated prices for following series against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, SA etc, but when the Ashes came round again, at Headingley there was an 80% increase on the Western Terrace, also some bright spark decided that no more group bookings would be allowed and max of 4 tickets per person was allowed, therefore club trips to test match no longer occur and to no suprise the grounds are half full.
The club I play at are on a boycott of the test matches until prices are lowered and group bookings allowed again (too much hassle for 5 or 6 to book 4 tickets each and somehow get in same area). And i know a lot of other clubs who used to have a yearly day out to the test who feel the same.
Bizzarely the one dayer is £35 this year which is £20 less than the test was last year and you get 10 more overs and a result in the day!

sugarrayb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down