The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WIMBLEDON 2011 Nole Watch: Tis Wimbledon Eve, Let The Games Commence!

+15
ebar86
Duty281
Josiah Maiestas
parthi
novak143
Wooffie
denzilsmom
Haddie-nuff
cats_r_cool
HM Murdock
sportslover
Mad for Chelsea
socal1976
legendkillar
noleisthebest
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

WIMBLEDON 2011 Nole Watch: Tis Wimbledon Eve, Let The Games Commence! - Page 2 Empty WIMBLEDON 2011 Nole Watch: Tis Wimbledon Eve, Let The Games Commence!

Post by noleisthebest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-XBDTQkv8k

This Nole fan has recharged the batteries, Roland Garros is a distant, very distant memory.......Wimbledon and the green, green grass of tennis home welcomes you, Nole!

May I be the happiest fan on Earth this time in two weeks time Smile

COME OOOOOOOON NOLEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Day 2, round one for Nole: Jeremy Chardy, a charming French that will feel the pain of revenge for all that the RG crowd put Nole through 2 weeks ago mad

Chardu done, Anderson dusted, now, let's see who can stop Nole Whistle

A quick "update" (sorry for being lazy) Nole bagged Baggy and laundered Llondra so now time for some (A)Tomic demolition....Wink

Well, as one of my favourite film quote says: ToMOrrow is A-NOther day.....and what a day it is gong to be....Sing a Tsonga six-pence....

Last edited by noleisthebest on Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:16 pm; edited 4 times in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

WIMBLEDON 2011 Nole Watch: Tis Wimbledon Eve, Let The Games Commence! - Page 2 Empty Re: WIMBLEDON 2011 Nole Watch: Tis Wimbledon Eve, Let The Games Commence!

Post by HM Murdock Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:50 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Did anyone see the match?

Any (nice) thoughts) Wink

I watched it. Started out superbly and gradually wound down to "good with moments of very good" but I think part of this was due to the conditions. It was very windy and he said in the interview that he eased back on the power on his serve to play the percentages.
I expected Anderson to be a danger on his serve but Novak dealt with it easily.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

WIMBLEDON 2011 Nole Watch: Tis Wimbledon Eve, Let The Games Commence! - Page 2 Empty Re: WIMBLEDON 2011 Nole Watch: Tis Wimbledon Eve, Let The Games Commence!

Post by noleisthebest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:07 pm

I agree. Look forward to Saturday.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:09 pm

Hi NITB, I saw some of the match. Nole seemed a little out of sorts, getting a little frustrated with himself but not sure why as he was never in any danger. Did just what he needed to to get the win thumbsup

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:14 pm

cats_r_cool wrote:Hi NITB, I saw some of the match. Nole seemed a little out of sorts, getting a little frustrated with himself but not sure why as he was never in any danger. Did just what he needed to to get the win thumbsup

I was at the gym, and only watched the last set, it all looked as I expected it, actually better, everything is working according to plan Wink

The thing with Nole when he beats an opponent (in his head) he tends to relax a bit, and that's what probably happened, then he got hard on himself because of it, but Anderson is no pushover , and I'm really happy Smile

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:19 pm

socal1976 wrote:Ease up on Nitb, she is passionate about her player. I think you guys are getting a bit edgy over a simple graphic she added to her post.

Then do what the Rafa fans do Socal... go and exude your passion on the Nole thread... it gets a bit much on here to be honest.
Im a Rafa fan but I got over to the Rafa threads and discuss him if I want to.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:46 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:
socal1976 wrote:Ease up on Nitb, she is passionate about her player. I think you guys are getting a bit edgy over a simple graphic she added to her post.

Then do what the Rafa fans do Socal... go and exude your passion on the Nole thread... it gets a bit much on here to be honest.
Im a Rafa fan but I got over to the Rafa threads and discuss him if I want to.

Personally, I prefer all threads to be open and not sectioned like they are at the moment, it's a bit odd to have fans of one player concentrate as if this is a fan club site.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:49 pm

Maybe not NIB but we are all aware of your "passion" but the threads have been taken up over discussions of your boy for the last couple of days. I would have thought that the match between Sod/Hewitt was more worthy of comment than the walk-over Nole had this afternoon thats all

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:22 pm

I like the idea of fan threads....it means that we can discuss our passion without cluttering up other threads. It doesn't mean that anyone is welcome on our Rafa threads to discuss "our" boy, it's just that for me it makes life a lot easier.

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:23 pm

oops...should read...It doesn't mean that anyone isn't welcome on our Rafa threads Doh

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:47 pm

noleisthebest wrote:... it's a bit odd to have fans of one player concentrate as if this is a fan club site.

Not sure where that comment came from, NITB. The admins were more than happy to welcome us here and accommodated us with a fan corner along with creating them for the other players too. Rather that than litter up what is now a growing and healthy tennis forum with fan chit chat. We contribute to the main forum with comments when we feel like it along with writing articles, and posters pop on by from here and MTL when they want to talk Rafa, so it seems to work all round. thumbsup
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:14 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:Maybe not NIB but we are all aware of your "passion" but the threads have been taken up over discussions of your boy for the last couple of days. I would have thought that the match between Sod/Hewitt was more worthy of comment than the walk-over Nole had this afternoon thats all

I dunno....My thread is following Nole during this Wimbledon, so don't see why his matches are less worthy than Sod's and Hewitts (which I have seen and enjoyed very much)

to be honest, I'm missing seeing Murray thread or Rafa watch kind of articles, as they use to be on 606, on display all the time, if you go to "fan zones" you are automatically cut off from other threads.

I spent a whole month on 606v2 being completely unaware of the rest of threads for that very reason.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:17 pm

Wooffie wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:... it's a bit odd to have fans of one player concentrate as if this is a fan club site.

Not sure where that comment came from, NITB. The admins were more than happy to welcome us here and accommodated us with a fan corner along with creating them for the other players too. Rather that than litter up what is now a growing and healthy tennis forum with fan chit chat. We contribute to the main forum with comments when we feel like it along with writing articles, and posters pop on by from here and MTL when they want to talk Rafa, so it seems to work all round. thumbsup

I don't have a problem with fan club threads, I just don't know why it's a problem if I have a Nole Watch thread, I'm used to it from 606; there are a lot of posters who are not particular fans of Nole or Rafa and don't go to the fan zones, I don't want to be talking to same 2 or 3 people on Nole threads all thie time, I gather there are a lot more on Rafa and Murray threads, so I hope you appreciate where I'm coming from.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:20 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
to be honest, I'm missing seeing Murray thread or Rafa watch kind of articles, as they use to be on 606, on display all the time, if you go to "fan zones" you are automatically cut off from other threads.

NITB, just a suggestion, but if you wanted to keep watch on the main section and a particular thread in the player sections, you could have them both open on separate tabs on your browser and just flick between them. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:24 pm

Y I Man wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

NITB, just a suggestion, but if you wanted to keep watch on the main section and a particular thread in the player sections, you could have them both open on separate tabs on your browser and just flick between them. OK

Out of interest whose idea was to have separate fan threads, and what were the arguments for them?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:30 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Y I Man wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Out of interest whose idea was to have separate fan threads, and what were the arguments for them?

Hey NITB

I tend to find that fan pages work. When I want to post opinions on Murray, I tend to go to Murray Section. I think people are 'entitled' to post anything tennis related on to the main thread. I go to Murray section as I am keen to build a little fan base there. I find it also helps in not drawing attention to WUMS too. I have to say I have found less WUM articles about Murray on here, if at all any. I also think sometimes it is good to talk aboout a favourite player outside of the tennis courts and other topics.

Seeing the Feds Head re-instated I was hoping for some fans to post some articles there and they haven't which is a shame. I am not saying player fans should stick to the 'player' threads, but for me they work because they promote more 'positive' posts. Smile

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:43 pm

When v2 was created we wanted to make the transition from 606 as easy and as appealing for new members as possible.
There were several 'pub threads' all over 606, and there were various ones on the tennis board.

The 'pub threads' on 606 were a little hide away place from the main section where the mods let everyone go 'off topic'. Friendships were formed on them. And whilst still contributing on the main section, friends who all shared a common interest (a particular player) all got together on the 'pub threads'. So it was the obvious choice to keep that facility here on v2.

The player sections were set up to replicate the 'pub threads'. But as the maximum number of posts is 990 on a thread here, it made sense to have sub sections. Therefore the sub sections were made.

I think the tennis section here has massive potential. There is a good core membership with some cracking debates. Last night I got a retweet from the official Wimbledon Twitter account with a direct link to the tennis section here. The Wimbledon Twitter account has 125,000 followers and 167 guests shot onto this tennis section within seconds of the retweet. With the advertising we are doing, this section will continue to grow, and evolve even more.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:55 pm

Y I Man wrote:When v2 was created we wanted to make the transition from 606 as easy and as appealing for new members as possible.
There were several 'pub threads' all over 606, and there were various ones on the tennis board.

The 'pub threads' on 606 were a little hide away place from the main section where the mods let everyone go 'off topic'. Friendships were formed on them. And whilst still contributing on the main section, friends who all shared a common interest (a particular player) all got together on the 'pub threads'. So it was the obvious choice to keep that facility here on v2.

The player sections were set up to replicate the 'pub threads'. But as the maximum number of posts is 990 on a thread here, it made sense to have sub sections. Therefore the sub sections were made.

I think the tennis section here has massive potential. There is a good core membership with some cracking debates. Last night I got a retweet from the official Wimbledon Twitter account with a direct link to the tennis section here. The Wimbledon Twitter account has 125,000 followers and 167 guests shot onto this tennis section within seconds of the retweet. With the advertising we are doing, this section will continue to grow, and evolve even more.

Does this mean I can only comment on Nole in Nole pub (not literally, but threads like Noel watch etc)?
I can see you have additional knowledge where you want 606v2 to go, and that's fair enough, you've put a lot of work in it, I just assumed it would be similar to 606 with no "shares" and "board of directors" kind of hierarchy.
It may be a good idea to compose a little guide to new members containing DOs and DON'Ts, because it can be confusing, and then when you come and say No, no, it feels like weight-throwing which it probably isn't.
BTW, what "potential" are you talking about?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:59 pm

Potential = Loads of new members.

NITB, you are reading too much into it. If people want to post a thread about Nole in the main section, they can. If they want to post in the player threads, they can. We only have one set of rules, the site rules. Anything else is all good by us lol

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:23 pm

Y I Man wrote:Potential = Loads of new members.

NITB, you are reading too much into it. If people want to post a thread about Nole in the main section, they can. If they want to post in the player threads, they can. We only have one set of rules, the site rules. Anything else is all good by us lol

Thanks kiss

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:26 pm

Nole Tomic match started, great tennis from Nole, lovely stuff from Tomic, too. Really enjoying this one!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

WIMBLEDON 2011 Nole Watch: Tis Wimbledon Eve, Let The Games Commence! - Page 2 Empty Djokovic Vs Tomic QF

Post by novak143 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:33 pm

Since there is no live coverage in my country (India), I am starting a thread to discuss the on-court drama.

Is there any streaming site which does not ask for creating a user, that is showing this match now?

The score now is 3-2, djokovic leads.

novak143

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:43 pm

Now 5-2 double break - a walk in the park for Novak.

Tomic looks tired already!

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by novak143 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:43 pm

NITB,

I have spawned a new thread, not knowing that u've started one to discuss the QF. Alas, not many around to discuss.

Can u update howz the game coming along for Nole..

novak143

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:45 pm

fantastic, he's showing his full repertoire of ball striking, lovin it Very Happy

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:46 pm

novak143,
I'll merge your other thread with this one. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:46 pm

And he aces Tomic to run away with the 1st set, go NOLEEEEEEE Yahoo

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:03 pm

Poor play by Djkovic Tomic breaks 3-1 second set.

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by parthi Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:07 pm

He is under bit of pressure today, has a lot to loose, where as tomic has nothing to and it shows in his body language.

parthi

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:14 pm

5-2 to Tomic - this guy looks "the real deal" !

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:15 pm

What a turn around from the 1st set.
Im not watching im stuck at work. Keep the updates coming peeps!

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:22 pm

Tomic takes the second set 6-3!

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:23 pm

Left the math for 10 mins, and what do I find when I come back! Come on, Nole, nuff mucking about...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:28 pm

To many unforced errors from Novak!

Tomic breaks to lead 1-0 in the third.

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:29 pm

I have nothing against chimps;

But Novak is playing like a total chimp after the 1st set..
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by novak143 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:29 pm

Nole broken in 3rd set, down 0-1..
What's going on NITB

novak143

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:30 pm

And Djokovic has now been broken in the third set. 1-0 Tomic. What a player he could be.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:31 pm

Novak made a bad mistake of dropping his original tatics from the first set. I could see he didn't like playing a counter-puncher a bit, but it worked, time to recalibrate the tactics Nole!!!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:34 pm

Now watch how a champion digs himself out of trouble.....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:36 pm

The only way to play Tomic is to keep him at an arm's lenght, i.e. walk him around the court and killl him with no pace down the middle.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:38 pm

It's a bit strange that he's now chasing the match, usually against conservative players, he just bludgeons the opponent to death; like he did with Murray in AO.

Cmon Novak!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:40 pm

Tomic is a lot more than a conservative player, he plays counterpunching by choice not out of necessity like Murray, that's why he's more dangerous.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:43 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Tomic is a lot more than a conservative player, he plays counterpunching by choice not out of necessity like Murray, that's why he's more dangerous.

Having been Novaks hitting partner he will also have an advantage over a few other players as far as understanding and reading his game.

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:44 pm

I didn't mean that as an insult to Tomic, he's got a very great game already at his disposal, but he does like to make the opponent play for difficult shots and neutralise the play.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:48 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:I didn't mean that as an insult to Tomic, he's got a very great game already at his disposal, but he does like to make the opponent play for difficult shots and neutralise the play.

Yes, that 's a very , very difficult thing to do and requires awesome talent, nerves, patience and ball striking, Tomic is showin his full talent here now, and Nole is trying to bide his time, not sure that's the best thing to do right now, probably is, but it would be good if 1st seve could return and Nole to start playing a bit more aggressively.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:53 pm

That's more like it....Smile

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:55 pm

Think the wheels are becoming to come off Tomic, too many unforced errors, but nevertheless win or lose Australia have a star for sure in the making.

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:56 pm

Tomic has got some hot temper on him....that will be his donwfall.....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:57 pm

For me, Tomic is sucha breath of fresh air, a guy who THINKS!!! on the tennis court...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:57 pm

5-3 Novak

That's how he rolls baby 8)
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by ebar86 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:03 pm

good talent in tomic,,
but just too much unforced errors

ebar86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next