The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

Three weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Three weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by fantantonio Mon 20 Jun - 18:52

Three weeks to go till Silverstone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else going? It has become even more exciting with the banning of blown diffusers as it will be the first race to see who has lost the most benefit and hopefully jumble up the pack.

Long term weather shows signs of changeable conditions which isn't so good for putting up a tent but good for racing.

Yahoo

No doubt lots of this Ale will be drunk that weekend!!!!!!

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Three weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Three weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Critical_mass Mon 20 Jun - 18:57

Should be a good race mate as its a bit of an unknown at the mo.

Personally i think silverstone is expensive compared to others e.g. you could go over to belgium and go to spa for a similar price. THough if i had the cash id still love to go to Silverstone, though wish they hadnt changed the track. Prefer the old layout.

What tickets have you go, race only, quali and race or all sessions? Where you goign to be sat do you know?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Three weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Three weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by fantantonio Mon 20 Jun - 19:07

I have roaming for Friday & Saturday and seat at Stowe for Sunday. I was reading the season review for last year (A very comprehensive book if anyone is interested) and according to the attendance figures only 60,000 went to Spa whereas 305,000 went to Silverstone, the highest along with Melbourne. Maybe its that Spa is based in a big forest and the environmentalists would whine if any trees were cut down

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 20 Jun - 19:12

Well i just used Spa as an expample any of the races over THIS SIDE of europe could be possible. Barcelona, valencia, hokenhiem, nurbergring etc. Sorry dont mean to put a downer on it, im jealous i wish i was going.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by fantantonio Mon 20 Jun - 19:24

No worries, I was just amazed at how little people went to spa considering its history of quality races. This is the first time I have been able to afford to go, it's not something your able to do every year. There are definitely better tracks to go to see good racing than Silverstone but it's very patriotic and well supported and maybe has a better atmosphere during the weekend. I go to a lot of football matches but would go to an F1 race over every football match purely for the atmosphere, for a start you don't get clowns swearing and shouting angrily in front of children and abusing the opposition fans.

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 20 Jun - 21:16

Here here ^^^

Spa is my favourite track, but to go to and watch maybe a little boring due to the length of the track.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down