The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite League Title

2 posters

Go down

Elite League Title Empty Elite League Title

Post by Enforcer Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:30 am

What are everyones thoughts on where the Elite League Title is going to end up this season?

The Giants have had a good season considering the injuries they have had, but I think they are a too far off the pace to mount a decent challenge.

The Panthers were looking like contenders until they had there usual mid season explosion and Coach Corey has chopped and changed the team like usual. While he is in charge I don't think Panthers will win the league. There is never any consitency with his teams.

The Blaze are obviously not in the title picture but they have had an injury list that would cripple most clubs. The worry is the lack of finances to bring in any decent replacements.

So I think it is now between the Sheffield Steelers and Cardiff Devils, with the differences between the two being minimal. I expect the season to be decided on the 19th and 20th of February when the two teams play each other home and away.

As a proud Devil I am going to plump for my team, but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to the Yorkshiremen!

Have I picked the top two in your opinion? Let me know if you think someone else may pip them to the post, or if not which of the two teams will have their hands on the trophy at the end of the season.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Elite League Title Empty Re: Elite League Title

Post by rocknrollnobody Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:54 am

Top two are definitely the Steelers and Devils.

Quite in what order though, I'm not sure. I'd take a stab at saying the Devils will win it, but by 1 point or something like that. I really believe it's THAT close!

rocknrollnobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:20 pm

I don't follow British hockey anymore (used to support Solihull Barons - then Solihull Blaze, before Coventry stole our Blaze :evil: )

Where / how do you guys follow the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

I live in Cardiff so I watch the Devils at home every week. I travel a fair bit to watch away games too...Sheffield, Nottingham and Coventry usually.

There is an Elite League highlights show on Sky Sports every Friday. The first Friday of the month has a live game, on the 4th it is Steelers v Panthers

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down