The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curry and Nunn for the HOF Petition thread!!!!!!

3 posters

Go down

Curry and Nunn for the HOF Petition thread!!!!!! Empty Curry and Nunn for the HOF Petition thread!!!!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 7:45 pm

Two similar careers and two guys who completely dominated their divisions and lay claim for the P4p throne. In Curry's case he actually claimed it.....

Won't bore you with Curry's career only to say that he was.....idolised by Breland..and considered by Starling, Mccallum, Duke mckenzie and Mills Lane amongst others as either the best fighter they saw, fought or refereed with or against!!

Nunn well.....Tate was the best performance I ever saw...Totally humiliating a superb technician, Barkley, Roldan...Basically unifying (Kal was stripped) against Kalambay with a devastating KO and basically owning Toney before the (lucky in my opinion) punch..

Like Curry he went on to win a title at a higher weight but was never the same...

Both had great skill and good longevity.....and great victories

Both should be hofers.....Add your names to the pot..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 25 Jun 2011, 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i like editing.)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Curry and Nunn for the HOF Petition thread!!!!!! Empty Re: Curry and Nunn for the HOF Petition thread!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:38 pm

As stated before,old chap, it's a shame Curry is not there.On one hand his career did exceed other HOF'ers, on the other ,he is a bit of a Benitez;expected to dominate and kind of spluttered out,not fulfilling the early promise.
I was surprised that you did not include Nunn in your list of "under-rated" fighters from the last 30 years.He was THE man at the weight, as I remember, can't recall seeing any of his fights at the time but the press was convinced.Also remember the hype for Shane Moselely.He justified being arrogant enough to call himself "Sugar".
I know I'm not the first person to say this recently, but it does seem that not retiring within good distance of your peak impairs the HOF likelihood.

Back to top Go down

Curry and Nunn for the HOF Petition thread!!!!!! Empty Re: Curry and Nunn for the HOF Petition thread!!!!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 9:00 pm

Very good post and never a truer word said..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 25 Jun 2011, 10:02 pm

I will be seriously considering these two.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 25 Jun 2011, 10:07 pm

The answer is one i've used many times recently yes and no in the sense that they should be in the IBHOF but I wouldn't consider either for the 606v2 hall of fame not to say they weren't great fighters but not elite level. Curry gets some undeserved criticism for the Honeyghan fight with people writing him off because of it, gets forgotten that the ragamuffin man was a very good Welterweight himself who proved himself in the subsequent years before going off the boil himself. Know less about Nunn so wont go into too much depth but judging him purely on face value then it would have to be no. Robinson lost to LaMotta and Turpin who lest we forget were no better than Honeyghan.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down