The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*** West Indies vs India *** 2nd Test Live

+6
Carrotdude
Masked Magician
Duty281
msp83
ECricket
hokeye_on sticky wicket
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

*** West Indies vs India ***  2nd Test  Live Empty *** West Indies vs India *** 2nd Test Live

Post by hokeye_on sticky wicket Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:08 pm

Tuesday, June 28, Bridgetown
Start time 1000 (1400 GMT, 1930 IST)

Team news as per cricinfo...
MS Dhoni has hinted that India could go in with three quick bowlers, which means Amit Mishra is likely to be sidelined despite a reasonable show in the first Test. Munaf Patel, who is recovering from his elbow problem, is likely to take Mishra's spot. Though Badrinath and Parthiv Patel are waiting in the wings, India will probably stick with the same batting line-up from Jamaica.

India: (probable)
1 Abhinav Mukund, 2 M Vijay, 3 Rahul Dravid, 4 VVS Laxman, 5 Virat Kohli, 6 Suresh Raina, 7 MS Dhoni (capt & wk), 8 Harbhajan Singh, 9 Praveen Kumar, 10 Ishant Sharma, 11 Munaf Patel

West Indies' problem in the first Test was their batting, something they have tried to address by dropping their misfiring vice-captain Nash. That opens up a place for Samuels in the middle order. Another decision for West Indies is the make-up of their fast bowling, needing to pick two out of Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach and Fidel Edwards.

West Indies (probable
) 1 Adrian Barath, 2 Lendl Simmons, 3 Ramnaresh Sarwan, 4 Darren Bravo, 5 Shivnarine Chanderpaul, 6 Marlon Samuels, 7 Carlton Baugh (wk), 8 Darren Sammy (capt), 9 Ravi Rampaul, 10 Fidel Edwards / Kemar Roach, 11 Devendra Bishoo

Pitch and conditions

The Barbados track is likely to have plenty of bounce, testing the technique of the batsmen. The Kensington Oval has generally been a result-oriented venue over the past decade, though the weather could play spoilsport over the next week, with showers predicted every day.

Preview link....
http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-india-2011/content/current/story/520988.html

Your say .......

hokeye_on sticky wicket

Back to top Go down

*** West Indies vs India ***  2nd Test  Live Empty Re: *** West Indies vs India *** 2nd Test Live

Post by ECricket Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:51 pm

Tough Test for India ,specially youngsters.

Kohli should score runs in this Test and I hope openers will give us better start.

ECricket

Back to top Go down

*** West Indies vs India ***  2nd Test  Live Empty Re: *** West Indies vs India *** 2nd Test Live

Post by msp83 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 7:34 am

I think India should have a rethink about their batting lineup. Only Dravid, VVS and Dhoni are experienced hands in the lineup. Don't think its a good idea to have Dravid and Laxman slated one ofter the other in the order. If they fall early, then that will be too much pressure on the youngsters such Kohli and Raina. So may be VVS should bat at his usual position of 5 and let Kohli come in between the 2 veterans.
Time Amit Mishra gets dropped. he bowled rather poorly in the first match alongside Harbhajan. The track is one that would need 3 pacers at least, and although there is nothing much different between Bhaji and Mishra with the ball of late, Harbhajan is a better bat, and is experienced. Think since Munaf is injured, Abhimanyu Mithun should get another chance. the young man was impressive in Lanka.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 3:14 pm

West Indies haven't lost a test at this venue for 59 years! WI stuck India into bat and they are 1/1 already losing Mukund off the bowling of Ravi Rampaul.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 5:05 pm

Ravi Rampaul has torn India apart. 44/4 and figures of 8-5-4-3 at the time of writing.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 5:45 pm

India's inexperienced top order has been blwon away. Now Laxman will have to play one of those Very Very Special innings on a dificult pitch.
69-4 at Kingston, 44-4 here. the top order hasn't even lasted a session.
Pretty good effort from the West Indies bowlers. Rampaul just goes from strength to strength. The only disappointment has been Fidel who got carried away a bit.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 5:52 pm

Just shows that the depth of Indian cricket doesn't match that of England.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 6:07 pm

Duty281 wrote:Just shows that the depth of Indian cricket doesn't match that of England.

Don't think so. If England are playing without Andrew Strauss, Alastair Cook, Kevin Pietersen, and James Anderson, I don't think they can just go and find class replacements right away. who's there? Bopara? We all know what happened with him don't we? Taylor? has to be tested. Stokes and Vince haven't had enough of even First Class cricket.
The bowling reserves are better though. Shahzad, Fin, Bresnan........ But Don't think there is a quality replacement for Swann as yet.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 6:13 pm

Raina going on the attack, may not be all that bad on this track, so long as he doesn't get reckless.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 6:23 pm

msp83 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Just shows that the depth of Indian cricket doesn't match that of England.

Don't think so. If England are playing without Andrew Strauss, Alastair Cook, Kevin Pietersen, and James Anderson, I don't think they can just go and find class replacements right away. who's there? Bopara? We all know what happened with him don't we? Taylor? has to be tested. Stokes and Vince haven't had enough of even First Class cricket.
The bowling reserves are better though. Shahzad, Fin, Bresnan........ But Don't think there is a quality replacement for Swann as yet.

We wouldn't be able to find world-class replacements but our top order wouldn't be knocked over by the WI so easily. If we did play without those 4 that you suggested it's a simple matter of putting in Carberry, Lumb, Bopara/Taylor and Finn/Shahzad.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 6:49 pm

Remember Andrew Strauss's first match as fulltime England captain?
How much did Bopara scored in his debut test series in Lanka?
Mukund, Vijay, and Kohli, all have got impressive FC records, and that's why they are being given a chance. They haven't fired as yet, and its a matter of concern. But I don't Think the untested Taylor or Lumb(he hasn't played any test cricket for England, and in fact doesn't even look ODI quality), the inexperienced, and rather old Carberry, or the unproven and failed so far Ravi Bopara can do miles better just like that.
And these are not even India's first choice replacements even(except Vijay), Yuvraj, Pujara and Sreesanth are there.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 6:52 pm

Edwards has been very inconsistent, he's been all over the place.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 7:33 pm

good innings from Raina, come in a pressure situation as well. he was tested by the short ball, but its been good from Raina o far. '

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 7:36 pm

It seems Edwards is in some trouble, off the field, more problems for the WI, remember Chris Gayle and Dwayne Bravo aren't playing.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by ECricket Tue 28 Jun 2011, 7:39 pm

Hello msp !

Good recovery so far, Raina unlikely hero once again with a likely hero VVS

ECricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 8:11 pm

ECricket wrote:Hello msp !

Good recovery so far, Raina unlikely hero once again with a likely hero VVS

Hi there.
Indeed its been a good fight back from India so far.
Lets hope they just go on.
so Fidel's back.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 8:19 pm

West Indies gets a wicket, thanks to an absolute howler from the Umpire. Raina should consider himself very unlucky.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by ECricket Tue 28 Jun 2011, 8:28 pm

Thats second time in this series he has been given out wrongly.

ECricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Tue 28 Jun 2011, 8:36 pm

West Indian selectors are a disgrace for selecting Edwards over Roach.

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 8:46 pm

dhoni has given it away yet again. He's not having the best of times with the bat in test cricket. Fidel continues to bowl fast and furious, but most of it is getting wasted.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 8:55 pm

dhoni has given it away yet again. He's not having the best of times with the bat in test cricket. Fidel continues to bowl fast and furious, but most of it is getting wasted.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 8:59 pm

The Indian lower order is in the right company, VVS, the unofficial batting coach of the bowlers is out there, nd they enjoy batting with him. a

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:02 pm

India will grind to around 220. Windies will crumble against Kumar.

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:28 pm

Great effort by my boys.

Edwards, shouldn't be playing, but bowled with real fire in the 3rd session. Bishoo all ways seems to take wickets.

Great knock by VVS

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:04 pm

ECricket wrote:Thats second time in this series he has been given out wrongly.

If the review system had been in place would it have been overturned? Genuine question btw as I didn't see it.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:47 pm

India made their bed and now they can lie in it, no good them complaining about decisions when they turned down the opportunity to have the UDRS.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ECricket Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:05 pm

Carrotdude wrote:
ECricket wrote:Thats second time in this series he has been given out wrongly.

If the review system had been in place would it have been overturned? Genuine question btw as I didn't see it.

Nopes.

DRS in this series wouldnt have had hotspot so difficult to overturn.

ECricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ECricket Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:05 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:India made their bed and now they can lie in it, no good them complaining about decisions when they turned down the opportunity to have the UDRS.

Dude you got some anti-India fetish going on ... take a chill and stop making silly statements.

ECricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:19 pm

Purely being defensive in response to the utter garbage you lot have been spouting in recent weeks.

Like I said, no need for India to have a complex about us being the new best team in test cricket Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ECricket Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:29 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Purely being defensive in response to the utter garbage you lot have been spouting in recent weeks.

Like I said, no need for India to have a complex about us being the new best team in test cricket Wink

I only joined here 2 days ago , please show me what rubbish have I spouted.

And what does "you lot" mean? Sounds very condescending from a "moderator" here

ECricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:33 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Purely being defensive in response to the utter garbage you lot have been spouting in recent weeks.

There have been very few great sides deserving the number 1 billing.

Bradman's invincibles, South Africa 1970s, West Indies 1980s and Australia 2000s.

India could join these sides, England won't.

West Indies and Australia dominated all forms. England are rubbish in ODIs.

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:02 am

Masked Magician wrote:

Bradman's invincibles, South Africa 1970s, West Indies 1980s and Australia 2000s.

Fof said 'best team in test cricket', never mentioned ODI's

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by ECricket Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:10 am

braveheart101 wrote:
Masked Magician wrote:

Fof said 'best team in test cricket', never mentioned ODI's

FoF said lot more than that which had nothing to do with cricket

ECricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:20 am

England has been playing good test cricket in recent times, no doubt about that. Are they the number one side in the world at the moment? Don't think so, at present India is, there is not much difference between India, England and SA in terms of quality.
England and India are going to play a series soon, thre are supporters of both sides who think their respective sides are going to walk it, but both sides have enough quality to make it much more closer than that.

And FoF, a bit surprised to see you geting a bit too touch about silly things.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:30 am

This Second test match gonna be another 3 and a half dayer.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:31 am

windies in trouble after a decent bowling performance

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:38 am

msp83 wrote:England has been playing good test cricket in recent times, no doubt about that. Are they the number one side in the world at the moment? Don't think so, at present India is, there is not much difference between India, England and SA in terms of quality.
England and India are going to play a series soon, thre are supporters of both sides who think their respective sides are going to walk it, but both sides have enough quality to make it much more closer than that.

See mate, if the other guys took the stance that you have taken above then I would happily debate the upcoming test series with them in a serious and objective manner.

My sharp responses have purely been down to a number of posters completely ignoring the quality of this England side, and effectively typing absolute rubbish as a means to wind English fans up. I applaud you for your neutral post, and hopefully the others decide to follow suit so that we can have some proper cricket talk in a sensible fashion.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:17 am

FoF, may be we should take it a bit easy, the Eng-Ind series haven't even started. There is a test series going on for India, and England are playing Lanka. May be we should have more focus on these series on the respective forums at least.

So, another good first day, I always like it when the ball has a bit of an upperhand. 13 wickets, quality, silken batting from Laxman on a typical dificult wicket, tremendous commitment and fight from Raina in testing conditions, fine new ball spel from Rampaul, wickets for Bhishoo(its always good to see a leggy going about his job), a typical show from Fidel, lots of pace and fire, all over the place. and a good fight back at the end of the day from India.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:20 am

Again its up to Chanders and Sarwan to salvage the WI batting, any lead for any side will be very handy for any side on such a tricky track.
The morning's going to be crucial, early wickets mean a serious setback to the WI challenge, if they save the session without much damage, then India will be concerned.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:42 am

[quote="msp83"]FoF, may be we should take it a bit easy, the Eng-Ind series haven't even started. There is a test series going on for India, and England are playing Lanka. May be we should have more focus on these series on the respective forums at least.

agree lets stick to the topic we can discuss england vs india on different thread or when the actual tour starts

Back to top Go down

Post by ECricket Wed 29 Jun 2011, 6:57 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
msp83 wrote:England has been playing good test cricket in recent times, no doubt about that. Are they the number one side in the world at the moment? Don't think so, at present India is, there is not much difference between India, England and SA in terms of quality.

See mate, if the other guys took the stance that you have taken above then I would happily debate the upcoming test series with them in a serious and objective manner.

My sharp responses have purely been down to a number of posters completely ignoring the quality of this England side, and effectively typing absolute rubbish as a means to wind English fans up. I applaud you for your neutral post, and hopefully the others decide to follow suit so that we can have some proper cricket talk in a sensible fashion.

I will ask you again now that you have accused me multiple times that where have I posted rubbish?

Either put up or shut up

ECricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:03 pm

WI 98-5, Chanders and Samuels resisting, but rain playing spoilsport.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:08 pm

Ishant Sharma bowled well again, Praveen is getting the ball to swing, but ones the batsman settles, I think his lack of pace makes him rather ineffective. Mithun bowled a few good balls, but nothing special from him, and although lot is expeted of him, he too is not bowling quickly enough.
Again, it all boils down to that debate about young Indian bowlers turning spinners ones they reach the highest level.

Harbhajan, as has been the case of late, hasn't really created enough troubles for the batsman, although there is bounce available on this track. That bounce is his strength, and I hope he will come good after play resumes.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by hokeye_on sticky wicket Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:31 pm

98/5...
Ind need to break this partnership soon...if they are serious about winning this test...

hokeye_on sticky wicket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:33 pm

It seems we'll have some play in some time.
Chanderpaul loves tormenting the Indian bowlers, and you can't expect to have it easy against him all the time. He's bound to come good sooner or later.
Hopes he won't last long after the restart. Since he has got some decent time off, India should bring Ishant back right away.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:47 pm

this is an important partnership for WI here, if they can put on another 50 or so India will be under real pressure.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:56 pm

Chanderpaul why did your forefathers move to the Caribbean, is what the Indians are asking.

He would've been even better playing with players like Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:30 pm

Rain has been playing spoilsport throughout the present cricket season. Eng-SL series had a very tough time with all the rain, and now its the turn of India and West Indies. What a bor!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:33 pm

sitting up at 1 in the night and all that one get is boring rain. That too when the match was shaping up well.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:35 pm

starting again Smile

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next