The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Versus 4

5 posters

Go down

Versus 4 Empty Versus 4

Post by boomdangle Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:34 am

Despite all the mystery over nate and his withdrawl i thought it was a pretty decent night.

Was good seeing Rick get beat by the home town boy. But he did deserve as he always kept managing to slip out of the holds and wriggle free.

matt m, i am starting to warm to him as he is backign up his words. Goes in gets the job done. simples.

The barry fight was brilliant, the first round was mostly posturing and circling but when they got into it boy did they let rip. Full marks as many ref's would have stopped it but for kongo to land that clean punch despite being away with the fairys was a great knockout, lets see where he goes from here.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Versus 4 Empty Re: Versus 4

Post by TipToes88 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:41 am

Agree with the comment about refs. Alot would of called a halt to that and even big Mcarthy would have called it when Kongo got sparkled I reckon. Although I did see a fight he watched over earlier in the year (can't remember who it was though) when he called a TKO with 4 seconds left on the clock which I was surprised about. Just goes to show, refs can have on days and off days

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:26 am

yes i remember that, didnt somethign like that happen in the daley diaz fight?

At least there is 132 this saturday, and with the haye fight as well saturday is going to be awesome.

I am torn on on the fights, as want wand to get back to winning ways but i do also like leben since he thought them two fights in quick succession.

faber cruz think i am leaning towards cruz for this.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:10 am

Kongo v Barry was mad.

I thought Kongo would win as he does have a good chin + reach, height and strength advantage against Barry. But he got caught right at the top of his head which will always scramble your senses. I feared the worst for Kongo and thought the ref was goin to stop it any second. Not only does he make it to his feet on wobbly legs but also delivers a right uppercut which KO's Barry before he hits the floor.

Quality

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 1:01 pm

Can't remember, don't think it was a UFC fight though. Deffo a Zuffa run company though.

Always preffered Kongo although he does go through some boring spells so I was glad when he pulled it back so well. Shame he'll always be a watchman keeping contenders down and never actually going any where.

132 should be good though, reckon Faber will win by decision, Wandie by KO (really hope so because Leben is a tool and even though he's a good fighter I can't stand to watch him, same as Kosheck) and Bader will totally destroy Tito. Quite like Siver too so looking forward to that bout aswell

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Tue 28 Jun 2011, 1:08 pm

yes would be good to see bader get back to wining ways after the jones loss, could be difining moment in his career, how he recovers. think he will just have too much for tito but not sure about a knockout.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 28 Jun 2011, 1:38 pm

boomdangle wrote:yes would be good to see bader get back to wining ways after the jones loss, could be difining moment in his career, how he recovers. think he will just have too much for tito but not sure about a knockout.

Bader is just a better incarnation of Tito. It will be a conveincing 3 UD

Its is a shame about Kongo being the gatekeeper. I think they will match him with Meathead next. That will be a good'in.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Tue 28 Jun 2011, 2:00 pm

The Barry/kongo fight was an unreal comeback.....never since Scott Smith/Pete Sell have seen a fight end like that....great stuff

I see Cruz winning by SD - tough to call between these two but see him edging it

I can see Leben TKO'ing Silva in the 2nd

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 3:38 pm

The Barry / Kongo fight was a very entertaining HW fight with an exceptional ending (I did feel Barry lost it by running in and not picking his shots against an obviously disorientated Kongo, but all credit to Kongo for that overhand right and follow up uppercut... what a shot and right on the button)

Someone said Kongo Vs Meathead for both of these guys next fight, I like the sound of this but I think Meathead needs at least 2 / 3 more fights before he starts to take on the top end on the HW division. He is still a baby at this sport after all and chucking him in against Kongo so quickly I think will be an easy win for Kongo.

UFC 132 - Cruz vs. Faber... This is Fabers to win and win he will.

Silver vs. Leben... this is a tough one to call I would like to see Silver win it but I think Leben takes this via KO / TKO

Ortiz vs. Bader - hahahahah!!!!! Bader wins via 10 second KO

Condit vs. Kim - I'm looking forward to this fight mainly because I see it as Condit winning 51% of the time and Kim winning it the other 49%

Siver vs. wiman - I’ve got Wiman winning this by decision

What a stacked card though - can’t wait for sat!!!

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:18 pm

gibbo104 wrote:The Barry / Kongo fight was a very entertaining HW fight with an exceptional ending (I did feel Barry lost it by running in and not picking his shots against an obviously disorientated Kongo, but all credit to Kongo for that overhand right and follow up uppercut... what a shot and right on the button)

Someone said Kongo Vs Meathead for both of these guys next fight, I like the sound of this but I think Meathead needs at least 2 / 3 more fights before he starts to take on the top end on the HW division. He is still a baby at this sport after all and chucking him in against Kongo so quickly I think will be an easy win for Kongo.

UFC 132 - Cruz vs. Faber... This is Fabers to win and win he will.

Silver vs. Leben... this is a tough one to call I would like to see Silver win it but I think Leben takes this via KO / TKO

Ortiz vs. Bader - hahahahah!!!!! Bader wins via 10 second KO

Condit vs. Kim - I'm looking forward to this fight mainly because I see it as Condit winning 51% of the time and Kim winning it the other 49%

Siver vs. wiman - I’ve got Wiman winning this by decision

What a stacked card though - can’t wait for sat!!!

Cruz v Faber: Cruz UD
Silva v Leben. Silva TKO
Ortiz v Bader: Bader UD
Condit v Kim: Condit UD
Siver v Wiman: Siver TKO

Am looking forward to this card. I think Cruz will learn his lesson from there last.

Sherdog says Meatheads next fight is likey to be against Kongo.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down