The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

f1 2011 developer diaries

3 posters

Go down

f1 2011 developer diaries  Empty f1 2011 developer diaries

Post by Fernando Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:04 pm

The first developer diary features work-in-progress gameplay footage from the game as key talent in the development team explain how F1 2011 will be "a far more complete package this time around." Stephen Hood, Chief Games Designer says, "This is the next step for us and we keep pushing forward. Some people think it's just about updating the teams and drivers and you just ship the next game out. It's nothing like that at all. There's a stack of new stuff in there." Executive Producer Paul Jeal explains that in addition to the raft of new content and improvements, 2011's rule changes naturally lead to an even more exciting game, "We're all experiencing this 2011 season for the first time and these [new] elements are really bringing so much more to the strategy and the racing. It's such a better experience in terms of racing - when do you deploy your KERS? Are you in the DRS zone? The tyre strategy elements... it's all really going to play into a much more complete experience this year."

In F1 2011 players will be challenged to 'be the driver, live the life, go compete', with wide-ranging technical and gameplay advancements on and off track and vastly extended competitive and co-operative multiplayer components. Players will be able to race against 16 players online plus 8 AI cars to simulate a full 24 car grid, team up with a friend to play through a full season in a new co-op championship mode or enjoy multiplayer racing from the sofa in split-screen mode. F1 2011 will feature all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the highly anticipated 2011 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, including the current FIA FORMULA ONE DRIVERS' WORLD CHAMPION Sebastian Vettel. The 2011 season also sees the debut of the 2011 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF INDIA at Delhi's Jaypee International Race Circuit and the return of the iconic Nürburgring to the calendar.

F1 2011 will launch for the Xbox 360®️ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®️, PlayStation®️3 computer entertainment system and PC Games For Windows®️ on September 23rd. Bespoke handheld editions of F1 2011 are also in production for Nintendo 3DS™️ and PlayStaion®️ Vita, each designed to take advantage of the new platforms' unique capabilities; specific release dates for the handheld editions are to be announced. To get all the news straight from the studio race over to www.facebook.com/formula1game or follow the team on twitter at www.twitter.com/formula1game.

link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-KmboF3mfI

very looking forward to this , last year's game was superb to some the best looking motorsport game today , how can it get much better?

will add new diaries when they come out OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

f1 2011 developer diaries  Empty Re: f1 2011 developer diaries

Post by B91212 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:09 pm

I thought about buying this last year when it came out. F1 was one of my original favorite games on the old Amega when I was knee high to a grasshopper but to be honest I don't follow the sport as much as I did when younger. I watch it if it's on but never think to pvr them and the races I enjoy the most such as the British and Monaco tend to be on too early for my to really catch them (due to being 7 hours behind over here). Would it still be worth getting for someone who enjoys driving games and only has an interest in F1 or will it be too technical?

I did purchase Dirt 3 last week (think the series is still called Colin McRae over there) but not had chance to play it properly yet.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:25 pm

i wouldn't say it's that technical obviously they have a quick set up which makes it perfect for what you want and a more longer set up to perfect it .

id recommend buying it when it comes out as its 1 of the best driving games out there at the moment. i know im going to anyway.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:47 pm

fernando wrote:i wouldn't say it's that technical obviously they have a quick set up which makes it perfect for what you want and a more longer set up to perfect it .

id recommend buying it when it comes out as its 1 of the best driving games out there at the moment. i know im going to anyway.

Thanks, I'll get it this time around.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 11 Jul 2011, 11:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzXkbfDVB6Q&feature=relmfu

new footage of the game

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:53 pm

Looks good, I'm looking forward to it being released.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 16 Aug 2011, 7:19 pm

The 2nd Developer Diary for F1 2011 focuses on the AI and handling improvements in the game alongside work-in-progress gameplay footage and stars Chief Games Designer Stephen Hood, Senior Producer Paul Jeal and FORMULA ONE test driver Anthony Davidson who is embedded into the team as Technical Consultant..

The new Developer Diary features new work-in-progress gameplay footage as key talent from the development team explain how the game's handling and AI has taken big steps forward from F1 2010. In F1 2011, the handling will allow players to "really attack kerbs" and race "nose to tail" at high speed as cars are engineered to become more responsive to authentically recreate the unique FORMULA ONE racing experience.

F1 2011, the follow up to the BAFTA award-winning F1 2010™, is in development at Codemasters Birmingham for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC Games For Windows® and is available for pre-order ahead of its worldwide launch on September 23rd.

link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxPIBzq9nQ0

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 17 Aug 2011, 7:45 pm

New footage has been put out today which shows for the 1st time in f1 games under codemasters the safety car.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_formula_2011_gameplay-11702_en.html << footage

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.410724612059.193109.74881132059&type=1 << picture of safety car

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:24 am

Its a shame Microprose went all those years ago due to bad handling by Atari and Hasbro respectively, they for me 17yrs later still have the title of producing the best F1 simulation game to hit the market.

Was sorry to see when Codemasters picked up the F1 license back in 2008, had me thinking this is the worst travesty in gaming since Atari acquired the D&D rights. One thing you can really on Codemasters at least for was while there was money in it they would churn out a game a year at least, problem was they would be good rather than great games. They are certainly not a studio you want in charge of a license you want to see make the next step forward, not been that since the 90's not even sure they were that then they were just less d*cks then. Then you'd have the game bugs problem that is always applicable with Codemasters and the fact they are horrendous at actually fixing them through patches, to much time and money to correcting things.

Would be nice to see a developer pick up the F1 license with the money to back it and give it the attention its been missing since the mid 90's. Hell the best F1 management game was made 96 how bads that considering the boom industry its become in the last 10yrs.

My mini rant is over I suppose. Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 19 Aug 2011, 12:17 pm

by any chance have you actually played f1 2010?

cos it was a awesome game ( was declared better then gran turismo5 and won a bafta award) and if they've managed to improve on it, it's going to be 1 hell of a game

to be fair all games have bugs in them nowadays so not much you can do about it, soon as 1 thing is sorted some genius has exposed another by hacking into it.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri 19 Aug 2011, 12:41 pm

fernando wrote:by any chance have you actually played f1 2010?

cos it was a awesome game ( was declared better then gran turismo5 and won a bafta award) and if they've managed to improve on it, it's going to be 1 hell of a game

to be fair all games have bugs in them nowadays so not much you can do about it, soon as 1 thing is sorted some genius has exposed another by hacking into it.

Yep played the game and despite not playing much attention to individual review scores these days for various reasons a score average of 81/82% doesn't shout a revolution in a the F1 genre of gaming. The less said about the number of countless awards about in the gaming industry the better, especially with nearly every convention having their own set and then how they are actually awarded.

All games have bugs and some of the best games I've ever played have had them but its more the fact Codemasters are notorious for sending out buggy games couple that with the fact they then don't even fix the mess with updated patches, if your lucky you may see a initial patch after launch then nothing else. Compare that to other studios who may release countless patches over the lifetime of a game to fix problems and can see why I have a bone to pick with Codemasters. These are just basic gameplay bigs nothing to do with player hacking looking for advantages that aren't meant to be there.

Its a good game and I thought the weather system implemented was a great touch even if the racing felt a little to arcade like for my tastes, I just don't like the license being with Codemasters and don't see them every releasing a F1 game that ever receives universal critical acclaim.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:21 pm

The 3rd Developer Diary for F1 2011 features new gameplay footage and reveals the new Co-op Championship mode that allows two players to drive for the same FORMULA ONE™ team in pursuit of the coveted FIA FORMULA ONE CONSTRUCTORS' WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

Available online, the Co-op Championship mode brings two friends together in the same team as they work together for the Constructors' crown whilst also competing separately for the Drivers' Championship title. This brand new feature for F1 2011 gives players a taste of the intense sporting and political rivalry that exists between drivers in FORMULA ONE teams as they balance personal glory and directing the development of the car in their favour with achieving team goals.

F1 2011, the follow up to the BAFTA award-winning F1 2010™, is in development at Codemasters Birmingham for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC Games For Windows® and is available for pre-order ahead of its launch on September 23rd.

video :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wanWdvxS9A0

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down