The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brian McDermott

3 posters

Go down

Brian McDermott Empty Brian McDermott

Post by BoredUntilAugust Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:09 pm

Just thought I'd share this article with you all, as it has some rather baffling comments.

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,20144,12387_7008565,00.html

"This isn't going to sit with some people, but we're not going there for a win; we're going to play well. I think there have only been two or three occasions this year where we came off the pitch and felt we'd done a good job. We've had some tough performances; the win at Crusaders in torrential rain was very strong as well. But I want to come away from Wigan thinking we've had a really good crack there and played really well.

"The reality is, with some of the personnel we've got, if they play well the result more or less takes care of itself. Our job is not to go there and win; we've got to make sure we play well. Then we can build next week instead of scratching our heads wondering why some of the things didn't come off."

I don't know what McDermott is thinking of here, and quite frankly, I'm worried about the future of the Rhinos with him in charge because he looks out of his depth.

Interested to hear your thoughts on both the interview and how Brian McDermott is fairing at Leeds in general?

BoredUntilAugust

Back to top Go down

Brian McDermott Empty Re: Brian McDermott

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:54 am

BoredUntilAugust wrote:Just thought I'd share this article with you all, as it has some rather baffling comments.

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,20144,12387_7008565,00.html

"This isn't going to sit with some people, but we're not going there for a win; we're going to play well. I think there have only been two or three occasions this year where we came off the pitch and felt we'd done a good job. We've had some tough performances; the win at Crusaders in torrential rain was very strong as well. But I want to come away from Wigan thinking we've had a really good crack there and played really well.

"The reality is, with some of the personnel we've got, if they play well the result more or less takes care of itself. Our job is not to go there and win; we've got to make sure we play well. Then we can build next week instead of scratching our heads wondering why some of the things didn't come off."

I don't know what McDermott is thinking of here, and quite frankly, I'm worried about the future of the Rhinos with him in charge because he looks out of his depth.
A strange interview i agree, but i think i know what e means, but he hasn't put it over very well.
I think given time at Leeds he will sought things out. Iv'e heard there was a lot of changing room unrest in Bluey's last few months in charge at the Rhinos, and McDermott has had to pick up the peices.

Interested to hear your thoughts on both the interview and how Brian McDermott is fairing at Leeds in general?

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by BicesterWarrior Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:48 am

He's a poor coach of an ageing team.

I know Quins players tuned him out after a while, got fed up of being treated like marine recruits.

BicesterWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:19 pm

BicesterWarrior wrote:He's a poor coach of an ageing team.

I know Quins players tuned him out after a while, got fed up of being treated like marine recruits.

As i've said before, in his defence he inherited a lot of problems when he took at Leeds. Perhaps some marine like discipline for this season might show some benefits for next season. When he was at Quins RL he give a lot of young players a chance i hope he does the same at Leeds.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by BicesterWarrior Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:15 am

Can't treat the likes of Peacock, Maguire, Burrow etc that way.

BicesterWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down