The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gael clichy and samir nasri close to man city moves

3 posters

Go down

gael clichy and samir nasri close to man city moves  Empty gael clichy and samir nasri close to man city moves

Post by Fernando Thu 30 Jun 2011, 7:16 pm

Sky Sports sources understand Manchester City are closing in on a £20million swoop for Arsenal star Samir Nasri, while their deal for Gael Clichy is also nearly done.

The French midfielder has been heavily linked with a move away from Emirates Stadium this summer, with a host of top European clubs thought to be chasing his signature.

He has yet to put pen to paper on a new contract in North London, with his current terms set to expire next year.

Manchester United were previously tipped as frontrunners to secure Nasri's signature, but it seems big-spending local rivals City have now taken pole position in the race to sign him.

The Blues are also reportedly close to capturing Arsenal left-back Clichy, while Gunners captain Cesc Fabregas is expected to leave this summer, meaning manager Arsene Wenger could be left without several of his key players next season.

France international Nasri enjoyed an impressive campaign last season, but could not help the Gunners end their trophy drought, which has stretched over six years.

The 24-year-old arrived at the Emirates from Marseille in 2008 and has since notched up over 80 appearances for Wenger's side.

Wenger is due to gather his first-team squad together next week ahead of a tour to Malaysia and China.

The Gunners boss continues to give little away as to which players will be part of the group when they jet off in 10 days' time.

"We are in a waiting period, everybody is waiting that the other [club] moves," Wenger said in an interview with Alsace TV.

"Everybody has their cards in [their] hands, hoping for the big transfer.

"There is nothing moving yet. The period will me more active at the end of July when we will need to really strengthen the team."

out them 3 only bothered by nasri leaving was starting to play well. clichy can't cross a ball and cesc just doesn't want to be at arsenal.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

gael clichy and samir nasri close to man city moves  Empty Re: gael clichy and samir nasri close to man city moves

Post by Crimey Thu 30 Jun 2011, 8:16 pm

I can understand City signing Clichy as they only really have Kolarov for that position, and Clichy would be a much better defensive option.

But I can't understand where Sami will fit into their side at all, unless Mancini is going to go much more attacking next year he doesn't really have a place in the side. It would make much more sense for him to go to United.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

gael clichy and samir nasri close to man city moves  Empty Re: gael clichy and samir nasri close to man city moves

Post by Fernando Thu 30 Jun 2011, 8:20 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I can understand City signing Clichy as they only really have Kolarov for that position, and Clichy would be a much better defensive option.

do you watch arsenal often? every time we caught out defensively lacking it 8 out of 10 times it's down to clichy.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 30 Jun 2011, 8:22 pm

Kolarov is a much more attacking minded left back though, he's almost a left winger at some points, he plays so high up the pitch. I don't think Clichy is as attack minded as that, although I may be wrong.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark2011 Thu 30 Jun 2011, 8:22 pm

I thought United were signing Nasri.

Mark2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down