The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson - "Haye lacks punching power"

+10
BALTIMORA
Imperial Ghosty
10 - 1 - 1
Strongback
TRUSSMAN66
Young_Towzer
The genius of PBF
Sugar Boy Sweetie
AlexHuckerby
ThrowingLeather
14 posters

Go down

Tyson - "Haye lacks punching power" Empty Tyson - "Haye lacks punching power"

Post by ThrowingLeather Fri 01 Jul 2011, 7:59 pm

23 KO from 25?! Say what you like about Haye but don't say he cant punch?!

I think its best that Mike sticks to Pigeons from here on out.... 🤦

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Tyson - "Haye lacks punching power" Empty Re: Tyson - "Haye lacks punching power"

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:03 pm

Um... Did he not see Ruiz feel the power once and go...?
The same guy that hasn't been wobbled by anyone since Tua and the most ridculous left hook? And that would have taken Valuev clean out... If he could reach :P

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Tyson - "Haye lacks punching power" Empty Re: Tyson - "Haye lacks punching power"

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:54 pm

What would Tyson know about punching power.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:05 pm

Tysons a powder puff puncher just ask the likes of Bruno etc.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowingLeather Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:21 pm

Regardless of how hard Tyson can punch I think he's taken a few too many.

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:27 pm

The known thug said he didn't know who Haye was about 2 years ago, personally i thought that was funny but a lie, he's gone in the head, mind you when hasn't he been!

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:30 pm

Look Haye has most of his knockouts at cruiserweight!!!

So it's a valid opinion...

Ruiz was an old man as was Audley and Valuev went the distance..

The known thug was a great heavyweight champion..who's knowledge of heavyweight boxing history is better than anybody on this board...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowingLeather Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:46 pm

The fact that Haye has most of his knockouts at cruiser doesnt mean he cant punch.

At heavyweight he has shown excellent punch power. Only person I've seen rock Valuev and the only fighter other than Tua to really put it on Ruiz.

If he hits Wlad hard on the chin he'll clean his clock. Sorry dont agree with Tyson.

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:47 pm

Good to see you are still the voice of reason Truss. Tyson was always a serious student of HW boxing.

"David has never shown the punching power to force a guy of Klitschko's calibre into reverse gear," said Tyson.

"I don't say this to disrespect Haye but as an objective observer. This is a two- or three-round fight."

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:53 pm

Nice to hear from you Strongy...Got the weights site going here and hope you'll contribute...

Haye isn't a proven puncher at heavy and Tyson was right to basically say it..

Ruiz and Audley were past it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:58 pm

Trained chest and shoulders last night and nicely sore although it gets harder to recover as the years go by. I can see HGH in my future.

Haye also hit Ruiz a lot and it was a ref stoppage and not a KO. Haye had stamina issues in that fight and when he stood in front of Ruiz he really felt his punches.

Audley was just Audley.

Wlad has all the advantages.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:00 pm

Maybe you can get me some while you're at it Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:05 pm

I know a guy in his 50's on it and he said he feels like a 30 year old.

I reckon it's the closest thing to the fountain of youth.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:09 pm

I wouldn't mind feeling a 30 yr old as well as feeling like one..

Joanne is getting long in the tooth now.. Wink

Give it a go....your substance history is more clean than mine..

won't hurt you..to try a bottle

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:15 pm

Did you have the kid yet? Jo must be wore out.

I don't need it yet. I'm still the right side of 40. Wink

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:19 pm

No she's nearly there.....

I'm worn out....with all the moaning and groaning!!!..

Got to stop watching Debbie does Dallas!! 8)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:35 pm

Are you still watching your 80's collection. Wink

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:39 pm

only when I'm doing my machine squats Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:41 pm

How are the kneecap these days?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:44 pm

Believe it or not I do have cartilage problems in them...my right one especially...

More to do with 800 pound leg presses for 12 reps though I think....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 10 - 1 - 1 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:44 pm

If Haye was fighting Vitali, Tyson may have a leg to stand on, as it is he sounds as a bit like Jim Watt.......clueless.
10 - 1 - 1
10 - 1 - 1

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:45 pm

10-1-1 ........Do I get the credit for your username or what???

Tyson isn't clueless.....although you're right about Jim Watt.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 10 - 1 - 1 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:53 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:10-1-1 ........Do I get the credit for your username or what???

Yes all the credit is yours, ive been reading this and the old 606 for years without contributing. couldn't resist the username!

I just think haye has more than enough power to trouble Dr.Steelhammer, as do most.
10 - 1 - 1
10 - 1 - 1

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:57 pm

10 - 1 - 1 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:10-1-1 ........Do I get the credit for your username or what???

Yes all the credit is yours, ive been reading this and the old 606 for years without contributing. couldn't resist the username!

I just think haye has more than enough power to trouble Dr.Steelhammer, as do most.

I think TRUSS is being kind here I had it 11 rounds to 1 Marquez...Your right about the power if Wlad thinks Haye cant hurt him then he is in for a nasty shock.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:16 pm

Travesty wasn't it.....

10-7 1st round..gets his butt handed to him for the rest of the fight and he gets a draw..

scandalous.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 02 Jul 2011, 1:31 am

Dismissing the opinion of Tyson who is a well known scholar of boxing is a bit disrespectful to the man and the fact that the majority of Hayes KO's have come at Cruiserweight is very important when you consider this is a heavyweight fight. Think he has the power to stop Wladimir but by no means do I think he's a devastating puncher at the weight, says more about Wlads vulnerabilities rather than Hayes punch power.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 02 Jul 2011, 1:37 am

You say 'the majority of Haye's KOs', but he's only had five fights at the weight. Your point is valid, but it just seems a little misleading.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 02 Jul 2011, 1:43 am

His reputation as a power puncher was made at cruiserweight was it not, he carrys a bang without doubt but don't think it's anything special from what i've seen

Ruiz, Harrison, Barrett and Bonin isn't the greatest list of KO wins at the weight

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 1:52 am

Haye has fought Bonin, Barrett, Valuev, Ruiz and Audley as a HW. You simply can't judge Haye's power based on those five opponents, although I am genuinely curious as to whether anyone has rocked Valuev as badly as Haye did 12th round.

Only tonight will get close to giving us a solid evaluation of Haye. By the end of the day I honestly think that if Sanders, Puritty and Brewster could KO Wlad then Haye can do the same. Excluding the possibility of Wlad's chin having actually improved which until now I wouldn't have known was possible.

Tyson is making quite a brash assumption about Haye's power but is being particularly bold with his prediction of it being a 2/3 round fight. Remember it took Wlad almost the whole fight to stop fat plodders like Chambers and Peter, Haye being fitter, faster and more intelligent than anyone Wlad has faced in a long time.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 02 Jul 2011, 1:53 am

No, I know, but his stoppage percentage is still decent. Just not destructive.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 02 Jul 2011, 9:10 am

i believe haye still packs a punch at heavy, he might not be the biggest single hitter at the weight but what he does have that others dont is great speed. the ones you dont see are the ones that hurt you most!!!

hence why he can ruiz on his backside so much without totally knocking him out

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:03 am

The BBC report Tyson saying that Haye hasn't demonstrated the physical strength or weight of punching power to push someone of the size and quality of Wladimir backwards - which is how Wladimir has been beaten in the distant past. Surely Haye will have to be doing a lot of "running" and dancing and jumping (in and out of range) to have a chance?

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:58 am

I think Tyson need to explain himself better but I can only presume the he believed that David's power was enough to knock clean out a heavyweight of that size. All but one of Haye's fights at heavy have been inside the distance but none of them clean KOs.

However, if Wlad goes along with this notion then it will be an easy night for Haye. Haye has power but a lot of that is generated by the speed of the shot and I expect a similar performance to his fight with Valuev with a little more aggression as I do not think Haye believed he could hurt the Russian. If he lands a decent combo, particularly early in the fight I reckon he will get a reaction from Wlad and Haye is a good finisher and the fight will be over.

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 12:07 pm

I understand exactly what he's saying....

Harrison took the money and ran...Valuev finished on his feet..and most of Haye's knockouts have been at cruiser..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 02 Jul 2011, 12:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I understand exactly what he's saying....

Harrison took the money and ran...Valuev finished on his feet..and most of Haye's knockouts have been at cruiser..

Most of his FIGHTS have been at cruiser...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 12:20 pm

Which is what Tyson is saying...he's not a proven puncher at heavy.

Not arguing about cruiser and his extensive career there..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 12:26 pm

Haye hits hard enough at heavyweight but as I said earlier he will not KO someone cold with a single shot but from a accumulation of punches.

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 02 Jul 2011, 12:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Which is what Tyson is saying...he's not a proven puncher at heavy.

Not arguing about cruiser and his extensive career there..

No I know but everyone's talking about how MOST of Haye's stoppage wins came at cruiser, but when 80% of his fights were there that's not such a massive surprise. He'd only need a 20% stoppage ratio to match his number of heavyweight stoppages.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 02 Jul 2011, 1:50 pm

Strange comment by Mike, i did see a lot of grey in his beard so i'll forgive him. I kind of know what he's saying because although Haye dropped Ruiz with that peach of a straight right, Ruiz got back up and continued, guys at cruiser were finished after eating it. He's not brought the same power up IMO but he still has power, more than enough to cover him in the Heavyweight division.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down