The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ufc 132 cruz vs faber

+2
TipToes88
gibbo104
6 posters

Go down

Ufc 132 cruz vs faber  Empty Ufc 132 cruz vs faber

Post by gibbo104 Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:17 am

Wow! What a card and what a night of fights!

Tito proved a lot of people wrong on Saturday, myself included. I thought he was geeting his bum handed to him by Bader for sure but the man came good, and a very nice sub as well.

What do people think of the Cruz Vs Faber fight? I actually had it scored 28-29 in favour of Faber but I guess some good movement by Cruz is better in the eyes of the judges then the two clear knock downs that Faber dished out. That one judge who scored it 50-45 to Cruz obviuosly doesnt know what he is doing or watching. The fight was very close and I didnt mind who got the nod but a 50-45?!?! not a chance!

Carlos Condit - The man is an animal it cant be too long until he is in line for a shot against GSP. What a flying knee, that was nice indeed.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Ufc 132 cruz vs faber  Empty Re: Ufc 132 cruz vs faber

Post by TipToes88 Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:24 am

Basically every prediction I made went wrong. But very good watching, apart from the Cruz fight had a few dull moments and I personally would rather of seen Cruz be a bit more willing to exchange punches instead of dancing about. Was really dissapointed to see Leben win, I'm big Wandie fan and a bigger Leben hater.

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:50 am

I've seen all the main card fights apart from the Cruz vs Faber fight and from what i've read it opinion is split between who won but a slight majority siding with Cruz.

Sad to see Silva knocked out again, a long time out and to get KO'd like that is sad to see, especially legend.

In a magazine this month, Silva says he'll fight on for at least another 3-4 years but he can't IMO especially at the top level and I don't think he'll except switching to lesser promotions.

Was actually pleased to see Tito win, after such a drought without a win it's nice to see him win and impressive at the same time.

Tough times for Bader now, losing to Jones is nothing to be ashamed about, but he was fed Tito to get an 'easy' win and keep himself considered as a contender but that's been derailed!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:52 am

I thought Cruz clearly won the last round as he got several takedowns. I thought Faber struggled to really engage with Cruz because of his movement, he was too elusive. Faber connected with two good punches that rocked Cruz, however he wasn't able to capitalise on his own takedowns. It was a close fight but I thought Cruz definitely won round 5.

Condit's flying knee was incredible and a fight with GSP would be great. Tito's sub was unexpected and I was surprised by Baber. Nevertheless a good win.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 04 Jul 2011, 12:07 pm

On a night where there was another Heavyweight Title PPV flop. Poor undercard and poor main fight. It was nice to get up in the morning and watch this.

There wasnt a bad on there.

Wasnt as accurate with my predictions on this one.

I had Cruz winning 49-46. He was too elusive and strong for Faber. Faber did make a good account of himself and wouldnt mind seeing a rematch.

Bader needs to hang his head in shame haha. Cant beleive he got beat by Ortiz, who hasnt picked up a win for 5 years. No wonder he acted the way he did haha.

Condit was again quality and surely must be next in line for a crack at GSP after Diaz. Good all round fighter with no glaring weaknesses which GSP usually picks up on i.e. Keeping Hardy on his back and keeping Kos standing. Would be an interesting fight.

Guillard must be close to a title shot now, especially after Pettis being beat by Guida. It might be Gulliard v Guida next, which would be a bad match up in terms of styles for Guilllard because Guida likes to G&P and wouldn't want to stand with someone as dangerous as Guillard. But if he comes through this, he would be more then deserving.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Tue 12 Jul 2011, 4:30 pm

Great card.

I scored the main event 49-46 Cruz who is becoming one of my favourite fighters. He has such a unique style, he's like the Pacquiao of mma.

Rumours are a fight with Torres V Faber could happen next which would be an amazing fight. Hopefully Torres can win that so we can see Torres V Cruz after that.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down