The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

America on Haye

+6
mikeymax71
Captain Charisma
ThrowingLeather
The Galveston Giant
manos de piedra
Seanusarrilius
10 posters

Go down

America on Haye Empty America on Haye

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 04 Jul 2011, 2:32 pm

I am always interested what they think of or fighters in the states, like it or not thats where a lot of the money and exposure in the sport is. So i was slightly surprised to hear when watching on saturday how quickly the /HBO crew started jumping all over HAye for his performance. Dont get me wrong haye didnt perform but Merchant was all over him from the first, he even went as far as saying he was going to sleep,Roy Jones jr found time to be balanced and jim lampley was ok,but harold went after haye bigtime too. Alsomi follow a lot of american forums and predictors too, they all seem to haveit in fofr haye.Haye reallly didnt win many friends in this one and after so much talk he is being widely mocked in the boxing world now, prob best he retires now me thinks, wlad would offer him a pitiful split in a rematch as he is now the champion and to be honest tghe fight didnt warrant a rematch.

on a plus note i have heard a lot of positive thngs being said about carlf froch, sky are exposing him really well at the mooment and his invilvement in the haye build up is great for him, even merchant called hiim a very good super middleweight

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

America on Haye Empty Re: America on Haye

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 04 Jul 2011, 2:49 pm

it does seem unlikely with Haye, so much was said before this fight with Wlad. Froch has been great on sky and i think a lot of the fans watching the Haye build up will of warmed to him

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 04 Jul 2011, 2:55 pm

Dan Rafael on ESPN was completely scathing of Haye but I always got the impression he never liked him much even before this fight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:00 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Dan Rafael on ESPN was completely scathing of Haye but I always got the impression he never liked him much even before this fight.

I don't mind a liitle critisism, but we've had to endure America's best roll over against the brothers for years now, they should have been grateful for the excitement generated at least, even if the fight ended up as dozens before.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowingLeather Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:11 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Dan Rafael on ESPN was completely scathing of Haye but I always got the impression he never liked him much even before this fight.

He's been totally over the top. It seems he has a personal dislike for Haye. Not very objective for a purportedly professional journalist...if there is such a thing.

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:20 pm

ThrowingLeather wrote:

He's been totally over the top. It seems he has a personal dislike for Haye. Not very objective for a purportedly professional journalist...if there is such a thing.

Sad thing about Rafael is that he is invariably correct on most issues but his treatment of Haye is atrocious.........

He put Haye at 7 in his heavyweight rankings today behind Alexander Povetkin who has ran from the Klitschko's as much as Haye and anyone else for years.....Ruslan Chagaev who Vlad annihalated for 8 rounds and Tony Thompson who is the ultimate gatekeeper who also got sparked..

Absolute insanity. Haye would beat all three of them. He should be at 4 behind Adamek and the two Klitscko's.

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:28 pm

I agree. Rafael is essentail correct but theres a real nastiness and edge to his summations that comes is more like a spiteful fanatic rather than a balanced journalist.

I really get the impression he enjoys sticking it to Haye now. I find myself agreeing with the essence of what he is saying if not the manner in which he says it though.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowingLeather Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:49 pm

The worst of it is he's conveniently forgotten about Haye cutting Klitschko over his left nose.

Nice one Lennox Laugh

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:59 pm

Well his comments on espn.com about Haye's foot looked fine to me was ridiculous.

Credit to Haye for keeping up his media dates and eating huge amounts of humble pie. I think he if wants another crack at Wlad then beating another top 10 heavyweight would set him up for being a viable option again. However, I think he will never see Wlad across the ring from him again and most likely will have to settle for fighting Vitali.

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowingLeather Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:19 pm

3 fight plan for Haye that restores his stock....

1. Povetkin October 2011
2. Vitali April 2012
3. Wladimir October 2012

Retire.
Naturally if he loses fights 1 or 2 then its off the rails.
Even with another potential loss to Wladimir Haye leaves the division with his head held high.

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:55 pm

ThrowingLeather wrote:3 fight plan for Haye that restores his stock....

1. Povetkin October 2011
2. Vitali April 2012
3. Wladimir October 2012

Retire.
Naturally if he loses fights 1 or 2 then its off the rails.
Even with another potential loss to Wladimir Haye leaves the division with his head held high.

Haye would lose all three of those fights.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:59 pm

I think if Haye wants to 'restore his stock', particularly in view of the scathing US media, he needs to do go over there, fight some of the American fighters he slated so heavily to prove he's a cut above before going for the trio you suggest ThrowingLeather.

1. Chris Arreola
2. 'Fast' Eddie (to show the Americans what 'fast' actually is)
3. Oldanier Solis (thus avenging an amateur stoppage defeat and beating a genuinely talented boxer)

I see no reason why he can't up his game (fight frequency) and deal with all three within a year. He can then either fight Povetkin or go for one of the K Bros (if Vit is still around) as he would surely be a number 1 contender for a belt or two by then....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue 05 Jul 2011, 9:47 pm

Rafeal is completely unprofessional, He was snubbed for an interview by Haye, it comes up frequently enough on the espn board. Dan thinks he's more than he is, I follow his blogs for inside information, but he's not remotely unbiased, what's more he's quiet willing to change his views of a boxer, if he gets a bit of respect. But what respect does he deserve, he's a hack. An informative hack, but a hack none the less.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Tue 05 Jul 2011, 9:59 pm

Improving his image is in the USA I doubt is of that big a concern for Haye as the big names in the division are all in Europe and after the dominant performance from Wlad I doubt the USA will be keen to spend money on Haye in any sort of fight against any of the K2 brothers.

A fight with Povetkin will not happen as they do not think he is ready for any serious competition. I would recommend fights against Thompson, Dimentrenko (as they are both of similar stature to Wlad) and the loser of the Vitali/Adamek fights should be enough to get back in the picture.

Realistically Haye would not get another shot against Wlad until early 2013 unless he starts fighting more regularly.

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:56 am

Please someone dont mention that fat dan rafael who only buttlicks the Klitschkos because they stupidly give the idiot interviews. A guy who doesn't know anything or understand boxing. The same idiot who scored the Berto Ortiz fight to Berto. A clear hater of Haye he even scored the fight to Valuev. Doug Fischer (spelling?) is bad as well but this guy is something else.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down