The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brendan Jones turns down Open chance

4 posters

Go down

Brendan Jones turns down Open chance Empty Brendan Jones turns down Open chance

Post by Rossa Tue 05 Jul 2011, 6:51 pm

Anyone know why he's decided not to play?

Seems a strange on given its still a week away... Also as first alternate with a crocked Tiger and Levet in plaster he was always likely to get in, should be have stated he wasn't going to play if he did get in so the next on the list could prepare?

Not casting aspersions... just wondering.
Rossa
Rossa

Back to top Go down

Brendan Jones turns down Open chance Empty Re: Brendan Jones turns down Open chance

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:19 pm

Of course, you could say the same about Woods. I'm sure none of us think he just woke up this morning and decided he wasn't fit.

Water under the bridge of course and we should be glad that the unfit and the unwilling are outahere and good luck to Jason Dufner who I'm sure will relish his chance.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Brendan Jones turns down Open chance Empty Re: Brendan Jones turns down Open chance

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:23 pm

Also understand that Jones had told the R&A that he wouldn't be able to play because his wife is expecting their first child . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:26 pm

Open official Twitter:

The_Open_Champ FYI - Jason Dufner replaces Woods. Brendan Jones, who was first reserve, could not accept his exemption as his wife is expecting their baby.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossa Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:17 pm

Furry muff...

Very admirable from Mr Jones, sounds like he's got his priorities in order Smile

Still could have told the R&A in advance, just being pedantic...

Good Luck with the sprog Mr Jones!
Rossa
Rossa

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:25 pm

A friend of mine was Ist reserve for the 1992 Open.
He was notified a week before play but nobody dropped out.
Pretty gutted.

He played on his own on final practice day, the match behind him was Nicklaus, Watson, Player and I think Zoeller.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down