The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: The John Deere Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

+17
hend085
ryan86
Dave.
Nay
venice1
JASON DAY RULES
NedB-H
Davie
Adam D
EmmDee57
McLaren
Doc
sirbenson
Shotrock
princedracula
Lairdy
kwinigolfer
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PGA Tour: The John Deere Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty PGA Tour: The John Deere Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 06 Jul 2011, 1:47 am

1).No argument with Nick Watney winning last week's AT&T National Invitational; -1 after 45 holes, -12 for the next 27, better than anyone else could muster up in 72 holes. "Young Gun" Rickie Fowler disappointed once again, three over par for the same 27 crucial holes.

2).And Watney pretty much clinches his spot on Fred Couples' Presidents Cup Team; he's now third in the qualifying rankings behind Kuchar and Stricker. Mickelson, Bubba and Dustin Johnson will likely join them, while Fowler now ranks 21st, Tiger Woods 23rd. Not much homefield advantage though for Greg Norman in Melbourne as he only has two Aussies (Day and Scott) in the top ten qualifying positions. High time for Allenby, Badds and Ogilvy to get their proverbial skates on.

3).Why does the PGA Tour persist in bigging up great old-style courses and dumbing them down for touring pros? Last summer, in a five week span, this happened at Toronto's St George's where Carl Pettersson shot a third round 60, the Old White Course at The Greenbrier, site of Appleby's winning 59, and Greensboro's Sedgefield where Atwal blasted a 61 on his way to a 20-under par win. Now last weekend at Aronomink where Adam Scott was thrilled with his third round of 66 until he realised there were 62's, 63's, 64's to be had. All very well playing Donald Ross classics but Betsy Ross could have come up with something more challenging than Saturday's set-up.

4).But good things come to those who wait - even Mike Weir, who happily made his second cut of the year, albeit almost six months after his first.

5).The American sporting press spends much of its time covering things because of what they wish would happen, not those that are happening. Hence their big stories this summer: The NFL strike which of course they need to finish by the time you read this; the NBA lock-out, ditto; Tiger's will-he, won't he play and when; the Williams Sisters etc. Let's help them on the Tiger saga. What do you think of this book for his return in the next year?
3/1: Firestone
10/1: PGA
100/1: Greensboro
100/1: Las Vegas
20/1: Disney
20/1 HSBC Champions if qualified.
10/1: Koala Open or other such appearance fee laden rinky-dink event Down Under.
2/1: Tiger's Chevron benefit.
3/1: San Diego

6).Tiger won't be in the Iowa/Illinois "Quad Cities" this week supporting the John Deere Classic, site of one of Tiger's earliest appearances as a PGA Tour member - he led into the final round only to be beaten by The Grip, Ed Fiori! But two top tenners are here, Steve Stricker, going for his hat-trick of wins, and Jason Day rewarding the folks who gave him his first Tour start.

7).And Champion Golfer Louis Oosthuizen will be on hand, a somewhat curious spot to launch his defence amongst a veritable plethora of Open Champions; King Louis plays with Day and Stewart Cink, ahead of Hamilton, Daly and Duval. Kudos to the tee-time guys for coming up with those groups!

8).As well as Stricker, and Todd Hamilton, local boys trying to make good this week include Jerry Kelly, Mark Wilson, DA Points and loyal Iowan Zach Johnson.

9).The Champions Tour are playing at Pebble Beach. Every so often a bright spark launches the idea of a Senior Ryder Cup, but Europeans are just not competitive in the world of Senior Golf, Bernhard Langer of course excepted. Even USA vs the Rest of the World would struggle to compete. Price and Frost sure, Peter Senior is enjoying a strong season, McNulty still putts like a dream, and Joe Ozaki has his moments, but Europeans over fifty seem to have better things to do, or just have Senior careers which have fizzled. The European Senior Tour players seem to have fun, but they seldom compete strongly in Majors.

10).No Nationwide business this week but the ladies are in Colorado, at The Broadmoor, for the US Women's Open. British competitors include Ms's Davies, Matthew, Morgan, Reid and Stupples. Ooh, and Lindsey Wright.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: The John Deere Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty Re: PGA Tour: The John Deere Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Lairdy Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:01 am

Seems that Fowler isnt too hot in 4th round scoring. His average scoring for that day higher than any other round. Think he gets too much stick for being all style and no substance. Once he learns to play a little less aggressively at Sunday pin positions he will get there eventually.

Watney so impressive again. His swing is actually pretty smooth for someone who bombs it. It looks reliable enough so its no wonder it was just his head that got in the way in the past. Seems to have worked that out too.

Who knows when Tiger will be back? I don't think the question should be when will he be back but actually - how bad is that knee? I'm no expert and I understand there will be varying degrees of a 'strain' but how long does a strained knee ligament keep someone from hitting balls? Is it just a strain? Hows the rest of the knee? No one seems to be asking him about the actual condition of his knee. Suprising really. If it keeps him out until the start of next year then there is more to it that just a strain - there always is with him I suppose...

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: The John Deere Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty Re: PGA Tour: The John Deere Classic: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by princedracula Wed 06 Jul 2011, 12:08 pm

Last week I picked Watney (not only because he was the top ranked in the field) and it worked out well... This week I'll pick Stricker because he's a local boy with a very good record there (and he's the top ranked in the field)...

Can't quite pick a particular winner for the Scottish Open, but I am going for a Scottsman or an Irishman to win it this year...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 06 Jul 2011, 12:10 pm

Perhaps Fowler is overdue for a veteran caddie??

Re Tiger: That's the irony isn't it Lairdy?

He's gone from squeaky clean, with all us mugs hanging on his every word, to squeaky dirty where we have learned to be sceptical about anything and everything he says.

Wonder if he'll be fit in about 2045 when the Masters Committee asks him to unleash the ceremonial drive? Gary Player will now be teeing it up to hit the opening tee shots with Arnie and Jack. Just what Gary wanted! Hope Arnie and Jack feel the same way.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 06 Jul 2011, 12:13 pm

I'm looking forward to the John Deere, a very appealing course, on TV anyway, one of the more attractive TPC's, and an unapologetic birdie barrage.

Am procrastinating on my fantasy selections, but Jonathan Byrd will surely be in there somewhere.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Wed 06 Jul 2011, 2:00 pm

Great write up!

Fowler IS due for a veteran caddie IMO. Good call Kwin.

Interesting that the start of Fowler's undoing was on #2 at Aronimink, a fairly easy hole. Just really poor course management on his part: Drive was long right, I assume he was overly concerned about the bunkers left. From the rough he goes pin hunting and dumps it in a bunker that's 20 feet from the green. If he just went to the center of the green he would no doubt have a long birdie putt or at worst a much easier birdie chip. He doubles and game over. While there aren't a lot of birdies out there at Aronimink, there are no real danger holes either. (I know people went on a birdie feast Saturday, but 3 of the holes played from the most forward tees and pins were the most getable I've seen on many holes).

Look forward to this week -- and even more to next week. Great to watch a tournament that leaves me with some daylight when it's all said and done.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Wed 06 Jul 2011, 2:35 pm

Great write up looking forward to this week and next week especially hoping a certain Irishman will get some of his magic back.....

Levet is out of the Open and Garrigus in?

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 06 Jul 2011, 2:56 pm

Nice one Kwinster OK

Always disliked the Fowler situation, well ever since he picked up the 'rookie of the year', when Rory should have waltsed it. Yes a bit of sour grapes, but I have still not seen him do anything worth shouting about, especially on day 4. I did say that about Rory as well, but at least I held my hand up and apologised, but I can't see RF achieving anything other than a few fast and furious starts, loud coloured clothing, silly hat, screaming female teen fan club .....

My old man once said to me; 'if you can't fight wear a big hat'.

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:35 pm

TIM CLARK OUT, AK IN

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:52 pm

Thanks All,

The irony about Fowler is that he's most entertaining to watch; he plays quickly, usually aggressively and, until he sniffs the rarified air at the top of the leaderboard, seemingly without fear. But, if we look at the results, instead of the promise, we'll find he's had a most disappointing year, and will need a few good finishes now to end the year in the owgr top fifty.

Shotrock,
Was that your little cottage beside the 7th green at Aronomink??!! You might at least have thatched the roof and opened a pub there.

They're dropping like flies from The Open and now we reach some deserving "alternates", Terry Dyson's nephew and Royal St.George's favourite Dane, so let's hope for a couple more withdrawals.

Nice interview on pgatour.com with Farmer Oosthuizen and his relationship with John Deere tractors etc; but not surprising to 606v2 watchers that his primary reason for playing an extra event before The Open was because his schedule had got screwed up and he's struggling to squeeze in fifteen events.
Perhaps Louis might have a quiet word with Paul Casey who clearly is experiencing similar arithmetical challenges. Unless they post some strong finishes they'll both come up short!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 06 Jul 2011, 7:29 pm

The Mid-West has received a proper soaking this spring, flooding rains and all sorts of severe weather.
But the Quad Cities should be pretty much rain-free this week, with just a chance of showers Thursday and Sunday, warm and pleasant with ideal scoring conditions the rest of the week.
I'd be surprised if there weren't a dozen 63's or better by the time the winner drives his tractor away.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:11 pm

Hoping AK can bring it next week.....It really is astounding how much he has fallen tbh! Forget about Harrington and Garica's poor form.....AK'S poor form has been even worse.

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:42 pm

benson,
From what little I've seen and heard AK's getting out of his game what he's putting into it, but like Fowler and Camilo he's going to come a cropper if he can't turn his game around soon.
I think the fall out of the owgr top fifty is even more drastic for US PGA Tour players if they don't play another Tour.
Basically, they go from September (October if they play the four Fall Series events) to mid-January losing plenty of points but without the ability to earn any. All their International counterparts are busy pot-hunting around the world and gaining owgr points all the time.
Those who opt out of that cycle lose the status necessary to gain exemptions for the WGC's and Majors.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:10 pm

Wow surprised to hear Louie is playing the john deere. Odd that he was not billed the new Tiger after decimating the field to win a major?

As for when the actual Tiger comes back, well I don't see him playing again in 2011 proper.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 07 Jul 2011, 12:17 am

Mac,
You could very well be right about Tiger.
It would make no sense for him to play Shaughnessy in Vancouver, nor the Greenbrier, which takes us directly to Firestone, then the PGA Championship.
If he plays neither of them, then he'd have to play Greensboro to have any chance to be eligible for the FedEx Play-Offs.
Miss them and it's the Fall Series next.
In my mind, if he doesn't play Firestone, his most probable return would be his own Chevron event, though just a chance he'd play Disney where he's won before.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 07 Jul 2011, 1:19 pm

Looks a luvverly day at TPC Deere Run and, true to form, the first three golfers out on the course all birdie their first hole. Forecast looking good for Rounds 1 and 2 with perfect scoring conditions.

At least 19 of the field will be boarding a chartered jet after Sunday's Round 4, bound for Sandwich - not clear what happens in the event of a weather delay which causes the tournament to over-run into Monday.

Apart from the obvious candidates, Stricker, Toms, Day, Zach, etc, Jonathan Byrd has a fine record here, could be a good bet

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Thu 07 Jul 2011, 2:42 pm

Kwin - Not my cottage, just a bucolic spring house between #7 and #11 holes. Played yesterday for the first time and course and surrounds in better shape than I thought it would be. Evidently Arjun Atwal used my locker and discreetly signed his name inside. Nice touch.

Ricky didn't enter the final round tied for the lead by accident. His transition and move through impact appear waaaay to quick, but he's the real thing and will get some victories soon I'm sure. Not Rory good (few are).

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 07 Jul 2011, 3:07 pm

Shotrock wrote:Kwin - Not my cottage, just a bucolic spring house between #7 and #11 holes. Played yesterday for the first time and course and surrounds in better shape than I thought it would be. Evidently Arjun Atwal used my locker and discreetly signed his name inside. Nice touch.

Ricky didn't enter the final round tied for the lead by accident. His transition and move through impact appear waaaay to quick, but he's the real thing and will get some victories soon I'm sure. Not Rory good (few are).

Shotrock

I hope you left a nice pair of smelly, ten year old golf shoes in the locker for him.

Are the green speeds higher than they would be at other times of the year? If so how does this affect the way you play the course compared with the regular speeds?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Thu 07 Jul 2011, 3:22 pm

Cracking start by Lee in Scotland! But others also started well.
I see the Fujita has W/D, anybody knows why? Could that mean
potentially another spot to be filled by an alternate at the Open?

Interested to see how the US players do on the links... Sneds obviously doesn't quite like it, Woodland as well, but none of them are scoring very well so far... And Ross Fisher is continuing with his dubious form (triple bogey at the 8th), the Irish Open couldn't come quick enough for him...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 07 Jul 2011, 3:29 pm

pd,
I would expect Snedeker to embrace links golf (not to mention different cultures) more enthusiastically than almost any US pro I could think of, tho I'm sure his NINE didn't appeal to his sense of humour.

Garrigus +5 after six Deere Run holes - obviously can't wait to get to Kent.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Thu 07 Jul 2011, 3:46 pm

kwini, if that NINE didn't appeal to Snedds' sense of humour, the triple bogey SEVEN at the 9th must have killed his appetite for dinner as well...

On the other hand, Goydos seems to remember very well how you can score (lots of) birdies on the TPC Deere course from last year, with 4 in a row after 7 holes...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:16 pm

Hmmmm, bad start at Inverness for Sandy Lyle. Could to difficult for him to win from here, 14 shots adrift already. Still, plenty holes left to play...

Surprised at Sneds being so poor. Maybe the threat of the midges that'll be out later on might be putting him off.

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:21 pm

Scoring not quite as red hot as expected.

And, a glimmer of hope for Simes and Thomas Bjorn as Toms and Garrigus both withdraw due to injury, hip and back respectively.

Still don't know why Fujita w/d'd in Scotland, but that's three Open competitors in sick bay, presumably.

PS: Don't give up on Sneds!!!!!!!!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:25 pm

Kwini, the way Bjorn has began today, he might not fancy getting a call up to play at Sandwich.

I think my dream of seing Sandy lift another Claret Jug may be fading a bit now. Who knows though, he's done it once before around there Smile

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:58 pm

I see that David Toms has now withdrawn from John Deere and the Open.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 07 Jul 2011, 5:10 pm

Hobo,
Welcome to the Ballwasher!
Not surprised about David Toms, I was kinda surprised he was "planning" to play RStG anyway. Wouldn't be a total shock if he played closer to home next week, in Mississippi's Viking event.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 07 Jul 2011, 5:22 pm

thanks for the welcome Kwini - I am going to be about a lot more going forward trying to get new members to the golf section.

Any ideas welcomed.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 07 Jul 2011, 5:26 pm

New members?
There'll probably be a fair few coming out the woodwork next week. For better or sometimes for worse.
We really need McIlroy, Westwood and ZanyScotty back! Plus of course some of those disaffected by 606 moderators, some very knowledgeable writers amongst them, but alas no addresses.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Thu 07 Jul 2011, 6:37 pm

Some mention here about Fujita's withdrawal (some sort of illness)...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2011/07/07/barclays-scottish-open-colin-montgomerie-in-contention-at-castle-stuart-86908-23254468/

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 07 Jul 2011, 8:15 pm

Kwini - ZaneScotty is here - he promised me he'd check in when he could. The EuroPro tour is just taking too much of his time at the moment. MidgetMac and Westy won't be here though. They trusted the BBC with their details but won't trust anyone else. Unless they come here anonymously

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Thu 07 Jul 2011, 8:36 pm

Kwin - Yes we do play the green speeds quicker at member/member tournaments. That's always a good excuse for my poor play!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/03/sports/golf/in-its-push-for-a-major-aronimink-golf-club-will-go-to-any-lengths.html?_r=2&scp=1&sq=aronimink&st=cse

Charles Howell III coming into some form of late. Nice to see.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:27 pm

Hi Sr,
Sorry that cottage is not yours.

Thanks for the NYT article; still think a PGA / RC package is your way to go, but that would be at least eight+ years hence.

Never much cared for Howell until I followed him a couple of years ago. He seemed to be having a blast and some in the gallery from Isleworth spoke well of him. At least we know he can win . . . . . ! I too hope he brings one home soon.

Scoring still hasn't resorted to last years depths!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Thu 07 Jul 2011, 10:25 pm

Crazy sort of round from Johnny Vegas. Been a lot of hype around him the past week or so, so guessing the pga tour publicity guys still haven't realised that in Britain, that name's already taken by an foul-mouthed, drunken, obese comedian.

Not much happening for West-huizen either, he's gonna need a good defense next week to keep his season alive.

Changing the topic completely... what's been the reaction stateside to the implosion at Murdoch Corp.? I know the NYT has been leading with it, but I'm guessing it hasn't caught the public imagination yet as much as it has here...?

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 08 Jul 2011, 2:28 am

Ned,
The NOTW circulation is massive compared to any US newspaper; the leaders here are:
Weekdays: Wall Street Journal, about 2.1M compared to over 3M for The Sun.
Sundays: NYTimes, about 1.3M compared to about 2.8M for the NOTW

There's really not a national press as we know it in the United States. So a newspaper closing down 3,000 miles or more away is pretty small potatoes to most Americans. Whether or not they make the not unreasonable assumption that Murdoch practices the same behaviour here as there I don't know, rather feel Murdoch's outlets are given far more credibility here than there and people wouldn't give a toss.

Other difficult thing here is that there's no political discourse or discussion here, left debating with right. One side spouts its lies and rhetoric, the other spouts its rhetoric and lies, and never the twain shall meet until the Presidential election.

Sore point with me as I find the conduct of everything Murdoch to be way beyond the pale, try to avoid everything FOX but unfortunately I break down during the footie season due to FOX's ownership of the Soccer Channel!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 08 Jul 2011, 10:39 am

Another luvverly Mid-West day in prospect at TPC Deere Run; interesting that scores Thursday were higher than last year although the course played shorter, confirmation that firm and fast plays more difficult than damp and slower.

But today's cut will be at least at -2, quite possibly -3 so the only British interest, Brian Davis, will likely need a 60-something to play the weekend.

One piece of trivia.

By my reckoning, Thomas Bjorn is next alternate for The Open, followed by Scott Verplank. Verplank, along with other Open competitors Garrigus and Toms, was among four John Deere Classic withdrawals on Thursday. No reason given by Verplank, one of the more vocal sceptics about Europe's current world ranking successes.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:05 am

Without wishing for any further withdrawals, but I would like to see Bjorn playing at the Open. You're right about the next alternates kwini, the list is here:

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2011/tournamentid=2011049/news/newsid=140211.html#dyson+field+the+open+championship

That's a full blown assault on the Castle Stuart leaderboard! Unbelievable scores there right now.... Dave was right on another thread a few days ago when he predicted that without wind the pros could take that course apart... and that seems to include Sneds as well today!

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:09 am

Kwini, I see Snedeker is on the charge today, -6 through 11. Take away his 9 and 7 yesterday and he'd be up there near the top. Shows good mental strength.

Also, it's perhaps not what the organisers wanted with the course being torn apart as it is just now. A winning score of -20 or less could be on the cards if the weather stays calm as it is now. Great looking course but maybe a bit too short in length. However, it is the first time out so these factors can be built on for next year.

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:25 am

I really think Snedeker is a character GB&I golf followers would embrace, seemingly one of those who "gets it", very pleasant on-course demeanour, plays quickly and cherishes the traditions of golf. But he'll probably need to reach -3 to play the weekend.

Thanks for the "alternate" run down princed, agree about Bjorn; sorry to see Slocum's name up there ahead of Richard Green, the story of Green's year as we've documented!

EmmDee,
Don't really see why the organisers would be too fussed with the low scoring; many pros would much rather finish 20th with tons of birds than 10th grinding out pars, in what is essentially a warm-up tournament for the top guys anyway.

Wonder how the afternoon guys will fare after all these red numbers this morning?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Fri 08 Jul 2011, 12:06 pm

Fair point Kwini, I just felt that with it being it's maiden event and what is quite a large prize fund, then they might not want the scoring so low. Mind you, if it was a proper Scottish day then I'd like to see how the scoring went. I suppose with all links courses the weather is it's best defence. On a nice calm day it's guard is well down.

What sort of feedback has the course got over the pond? Hope they are saying how amazing Scotland can look. Quite the opposite from the BBC program The Scheme that was shown. From one extreme to the other!!

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 08 Jul 2011, 12:12 pm

Meanwhile, Scott Jameson and Kris Blanks are currently in the spots the R&A have reserved for top player not otherwise qualified for The Open.

(Imagine that will change, from a TPC Deere Run perspective if not from Castle Stuart.)

EmmDee,
I really haven't seen or heard any feedback; the most telling will be the comments of players like Palmer, Sneds and Steele for example, who really seem prepared to embrace the challenge of links golf. We receive a European-based commentary from Messrs Donnelly, Laidlaw, Humphries, Hutchinson etc, certainly no-one who has a vested interest in being totally objective! But it certainly looks a beautiful course from what I can see from my armchair, and I know first-hand it's a gorgeous part of the world.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Fri 08 Jul 2011, 1:20 pm

My bet for a Scottsman or an Irishman looking on target so far. But that finish must have hurt for Gallacher. Delighted to see Kuchar playing so well and enjoying it, pitty for Sneds but that very good round today should at least leave him with a good feeling. The 3xP group (Paul, Pod &Pato) managed to finish the round today in -21!! I hope conditions will stay reasonably good in the afternoon, otherwise it could be a bit unfair. Cut line should end up at -4 (or -5?)...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by JASON DAY RULES Fri 08 Jul 2011, 2:34 pm

good start jason keep it going Very Happy

JASON DAY RULES

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Fri 08 Jul 2011, 2:57 pm

Morning kwini,

What's going on with Rose, Harrington and Ernie? Just in time to reconsider their Open chances? Their "in" if we go by the adage, "You're only good as your last shot."

DLIII is having another good start at the tractor pull in Illinois. Is he in The Open and if not will he be if he wins this weekend?

The Skanks need Jeter to get his "hit" as it's a big distraction and the pending line-up decisions will have to be made for the last two months of the regular season. He's still in my top 3 baseball men during this era.

GJ,
Jason Day just oh so close to being a world beater.

venice1

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Fri 08 Jul 2011, 3:58 pm

Hi venice,

DLIII is at St Georges, came through qualifying (I checked yesterday when he was near the top). But if the winner is someone who's not in yet, then they will get a spot, there's one reserved for the highest finisher at Illinois not already exempt (so long as he's no worse than 5th).

Shame about the delays at Castle Stuart, but I think the afternoon starters would prefer this to playing in gales.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 08 Jul 2011, 5:18 pm

'Morning venice,
Back in action on the Scottish seaside I see. Great to see so many big names pushing themselves to the front, not many "guns" being left behind.

Agree about the pinstripes; Posada would be no good in the peloton and he's no good on the basepaths. I don't see why it's acceptable to have a man batting .240-ish and be as mobile as a John Deere backhoe. Ridiculous. Sorry also to see Nova sent down. But all will be forgiven if they win the next three.

I gave Jonathan Byrd the kiss of death, and Champion Golfers of 2009/2010 also struggling. Todd Hamilton going like a train though. Kris Blanks firing, yup, blanks.

As for Jason Day, I'm very impressed with everything about him except he's only won once, and he made brutally hard work of that. Talent to burn though.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 08 Jul 2011, 6:01 pm

Did John Daly really score an EIGHTEEN????????
Just want the sponsors want . . . . . . . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Fri 08 Jul 2011, 6:24 pm

They after changing it to 11 hardly much better but hey not much better!

Really loving the course for the Scottish Open about time it was on link given it is the week before the Open!

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Fri 08 Jul 2011, 6:42 pm

KellyTilghmanGC Kelly Tilghman
After eagle at 2 John Daly takes 11 on 4. That # is pending until officials can talk w/him after rd. Was originally carded as 18.
10 minutes ago

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 08 Jul 2011, 7:35 pm

benson,
Seems they've settled provisionally on a 13 with the proviso that it may be further revised later.
A bit academic for Daly, and a total waste of time for all concerned. Pity Duval and Hamilton who had to play with him.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Fri 08 Jul 2011, 8:04 pm

John Daly does make my golf game look consistent

Though i have to wonder when scoring is so low, how any professional can take a 13.

I see Marino is currently second, do you think he will ever get the elusive win

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next