The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Froch finally getting exposure he deserves

5 posters

Go down

Is Froch finally getting exposure he deserves Empty Is Froch finally getting exposure he deserves

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 06 Jul 2011, 2:08 am

Morning chaps

So living on the other side of the pond i get to see a lot of US coverage first hand on boxing, Shotwime HBO Friday night sfights etcetc. With David Haye causing a lot of disappointment for us this weekend and potentially figthing his last fight i got thinking of another champ of ours who would never dream of going out with such a whimper. Carl Froch. As we all know he has failed to get the exposure he deserves for a variety of reasons over the last few years, Hennesey, lack of tv deal etcetc. But for me,that finally seems to be turning. He is back with SKY a no brainer for any of our would be stars IMO (including Khan) and his fighting style which at first was seen by many as primitave is now thanks to the super six being seen in a much more complimentary light and his talent is now being measured as high. US network Showtime love him, they know he has given them 3 great fights in Kessler,Johnson and Taylor and a beautiful shutout over AA and despite probably favouring the golden boy Ward they speak very highly of Froch. Merchant on HBO was scalding of Haye on Saturday he really was but hee even said something along the lines of 'Carl Froch who is a very good super middleweight' when seeing him cheer on Haye from the sidelines. In fact Froch involvement with Hayes super fight has done him wonders IMO and he seemed to be saying all the right things to me in support of Haye. So i guess at 34 yrs old i am wondering

will Froch get the big fights (in terms of attention and exposure) he deserves from now on in?
is it just bad timign that now he will be facing Ward and in danger of getting a home cooked decision if its close?
is it to late for him to become a household name???

Also how do we think the Ward fight goes?? i know its early but its a unification and after the last i for one need this to look forward to, and Khan of course

Personally i used to really hate how little exposure Froch got and i still do but i really think he will go down in boxing folk lore for his run of fights att he highest level- 7.

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Wed 06 Jul 2011, 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Is Froch finally getting exposure he deserves Empty Re: Is Froch finally getting exposure he deserves

Post by Scottrf Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:10 am

It's strange, it's unanimous that he's finally getting the exposure he deserves even though his previous super 6 fights and some others went out to millions on ITV.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Is Froch finally getting exposure he deserves Empty Re: Is Froch finally getting exposure he deserves

Post by Union Cane Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:18 am

Scottrf wrote:It's strange, it's unanimous that he's finally getting the exposure he deserves even though his previous super 6 fights and some others went out to millions on ITV.

The Taylor fight was shown (delayed coverage) on ITV, but haven't the S6 fights all been on Primetime?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:25 am

Rybacki live ITV, Pascal live, Dirrell delayed.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:05 am

If the Ward fight is in Cali then it'll be Ward on points or possibly he'll stop Froch late on cuts (caused, but ignored, by Ward's most deadly weapon - his big round cannonball head!).

My worry is, unless both US and UK media really pick-up on this as a disgraceful decision it could halt the current momentum in Froch's recognition.

Hopefully, if that does happen, and the fight's a cracker, there'll be a big enough clamour for a Vegas rematch where Froch will get (IMO) the championship rounds TKO win.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:45 am

According to Froch's BBC interview the other day, Atlantic City is looking likely again, though it would be at the Boardwalk this time, with a proper crowd befitting a unification bout. October 29th has been pencilled in, apparently.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:51 am

alma wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Rybacki live ITV, Pascal live, Dirrell delayed.

Dirrell wasn't on ITV. It was on Primetime. Taylor was delayed on ITV4
Good story

http://www.itv.com/sport/boxing/news/watchfrochvdirrellonitv4/default.html

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 06 Jul 2011, 12:50 pm

point is scott its not just whether it is shown on a delay on ITV, also there is the lack of general exposure to consider, he did not get the media attention he is getting now, everyone in GB has sjy so being on a 24 hour sports network regularly is far more important now, altho yes the itv fight with pascal was important too as terrestial tv is obviously a great way to reach millions of living roomstoo

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 06 Jul 2011, 12:54 pm

Everyone has Sky Sports? Their regular boxing broadcasts generally get around 100k, ITVs a few million. But yes he is probably in the papers a bit more.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 06 Jul 2011, 2:34 pm

Scottrf wrote:Everyone has Sky Sports? Their regular boxing broadcasts generally get around 100k, ITVs a few million. But yes he is probably in the papers a bit more.

i know mate but its the exposure in between fights as much as anything and papers and more ringside appearances and being on other sky cards as a pundit aka th ehaye build up which was huge, we agree to disagree and that is our perogative

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down