The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imperial pleases in gallop

3 posters

Go down

Imperial pleases in gallop Empty Imperial pleases in gallop

Post by ADMIN Mon 14 Feb 2011, 8:31 pm

Reigning Cheltenham Gold Cup hero Imperial Commander pleased trainer Nigel Twiston-Davies in a gallop at Warwick Racecourse on Monday morning.

The 10-year-old won on his seasonal reappearance in the Betfair Chase at Haydock on November 20 but missed the King George VI Chase at Kempton due to a setback.

He'll go straight to the Festival now as he bids to retain his Gold Cup crown on March 18.

"He's just come back from Warwick Racecourse where he galloped over two miles this morning," Twiston-Davies told At The Races.

"He went really well and that's his first really serious racecourse gallop.

"He'll go to Kempton on Racing Post Chase day and have another gallop there and hopefully that will put him absolutely brilliant for the Gold Cup."

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Imperial pleases in gallop Empty Re: Imperial pleases in gallop

Post by Solerina Tue 15 Feb 2011, 11:12 am

Yep.........if Long Run can't do it then I think it will be Imperial Commander.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun 27 Feb 2011, 8:25 pm

CH 4 showed footage of his workout yesterday,he seemed to go ok and both trainer and jockey waxed lyrical afterwards.As viewers we have no ideas as to what weight was carried by either horse,all we gleaned was that he still has a leg in each corner and hes still breathing.Khyber Kim also had a blow out and he did look to go very well,he also looked a totally different animal to the one that ran a bit flat in the Christmas Hurdle.Is he the forgotten horse in the Champion Hurdle?

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 27 Feb 2011, 11:58 pm

racingnut wrote:CH 4 showed footage of his workout yesterday,he seemed to go ok and both trainer and jockey waxed lyrical afterwards.As viewers we have no ideas as to what weight was carried by either horse,all we gleaned was that he still has a leg in each corner and hes still breathing.Khyber Kim also had a blow out and he did look to go very well,he also looked a totally different animal to the one that ran a bit flat in the Christmas Hurdle.Is he the forgotten horse in the Champion Hurdle?

Thanks racingnut.

Yes.......a trainer can make a horse appear anyway they want it to in a racecourse gallop.

I used to go with a friend to watch his horse being galloped when it was in training......he used to get very excited as his horse came flying up the gallops like a rocket, leaving the other horse trailing. I pointed out to him that the other horse was probably the laziest old donkey on the yard.... being used to make his horse look good........this thought hadn't occurred to him lol.

Anyway racingnut......if I can digress a little......I'd like to say we've had a very successful recruitment drive today on the tennis forum on v2.

Hopefully we can do the same on here over the next few days.
We have some very nice, genuine, and knowledgeable posters on these racing pages ( including your good self).
We just need a few more.......if nothing else it will keep Grahame busy at the weekend sorting out the comp lol.

It's late.......I'm exhausted.....night night : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down