The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One last time at next year wrestlemania.

+21
bretmeharty
Wellby_80
CHAMP19NS
DemonicTruthSpeaker
Adam D
Kenny
TwisT
liverbnz
Mr H
sodhat
Samo
John Cena's Speech writer
ADMIN
Crimey
The_Enigma
Gregers
The Awesome Giz
Kay Fabe
BlueDragon1205
crippledtart
VDT
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

One last time at next year wrestlemania.  Empty One last time at next year wrestlemania.

Post by VDT Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:46 am

How about The Undertaker vs. Mick Foley one last time at next year wrestlemania for 20-0
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

One last time at next year wrestlemania.  Empty Re: One last time at next year wrestlemania.

Post by crippledtart Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:50 am

Jesus wept

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

One last time at next year wrestlemania.  Empty Re: One last time at next year wrestlemania.

Post by BlueDragon1205 Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:53 am

I think they need to either give him rock or Cena, but considering they're up against each other, then thats out the window, He's beat them all at mania, I may be wrong tho, can anyone else think of any other big names im forgetting?
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:01 am

Stone Cold Steve Austin /THREAD

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:27 am

Cena is the only real option I think.
CM Punk is another but he's gone.

Jericho would be a good shout, if he returns.

And possibly if he got up to scratch Sheamus, though it would be a long shot.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:40 am

The only 3 top guys Taker has ever faced in their prime at Mania is HHH in 01 Batista in 07 and Edge in 08, thats not a coincidence, Hogan, Warrior, Savage, Bret Hart, Austin, Rock, HBK (95-98) Lesnar, Goldberg and Cena.... some can be argued for, some simply can't

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:40 am

Taker vs Orton take 2?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:42 am

Thats the match I'd go for

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:54 am

Wade Barret could and would have been realistic, The guy was a genuine main eventer towards the tail end of last year. With the right build up with the Nexus/Undertaker they could have played out a decent story.

But yeah. There's only really a handfull of guys that can put on a decent match if Undertaker is going to leave at 20-0.

I like the idea of Chris Jerico/CM Punk but you can't be so sure either guy will be in the 'E for March/April next year. Cena's also sorted for his match next year so it does look like slim pickings.

Alberto Del Rio Maybe? or even The Miz? I'm sure with the right build up these guys could have the oppuntity

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:01 am

What about Christian? Does anybody think the WWE could build him up enough to make it worthwhile?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:03 am

I'd have had Barrett/Taker at this years Mania and played on Nexus helping Kane bury Taker as core of the story, Jericho wouldn't be believable unless he came back with a brand new gimmick and was booked incredibly well, something that never happens and I'd be surprised if Punk wants to work with Taker again after what happened in France in 09

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:06 am

I don't think Christian would ever be a genuinely big enough name for Taker at Mania though I'd love to see them have a program outside of Mania season

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:07 am

Sheamus anyone?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:11 am

He needs a lot of work before he'd be considered a genuine contender

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:21 am

the-gaffer wrote:He needs a lot of work before he'd be considered a genuine contender

More work than Barrett? I know that Sheamus doesn't have the same history but Barrett has been buried much worse than Sheamus has.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:42 am

Barrett simply isn't an option, if you're referring to his mention earlier in the thread that was for this year, he should have won the WHC from Kane, explaned that they where behind why Kane attacked Taker and then took Taker out so Kane would be on his own and vulnerable against Barrett and Nexus, Barrett would have dropped the strap before Taker returned and when he did it could have kicked off the feud for Mania, that would have definitely made Barrett an equal leading to the match

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:45 am

What happened with Punk and Taker in France.....?

Last edited by John Cena's Speech writer on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:54 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I made myself look silly, then I made Gaffer look silly.....!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:51 am

Punk and Taker, Nexus weren't around in 09

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:52 am

the-gaffer wrote:Barrett simply isn't an option, if you're referring to his mention earlier in the thread that was for this year, he should have won the WHC from Kane, explaned that they where behind why Kane attacked Taker and then took Taker out so Kane would be on his own and vulnerable against Barrett and Nexus, Barrett would have dropped the strap before Taker returned and when he did it could have kicked off the feud for Mania, that would have definitely made Barrett an equal leading to the match

Sorry I misread your post mate, I thought you meant for this coming 'Mania.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:56 am

No worries bud, I thought that, easy mistake to make

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:36 am

It HAS to be Cena.

Taker vs Cena for the 20-0 would arguably be a bigger draw than both HBK matches.

We could build up The Rock vs Cena, but have the Rock as a heel. Then, come Mania, Rocky announces hes injured something ridiculous, but has found a substitute. Lights go out, GONG.

Cena inevitably loses, possibly after interference from the Rock. Then, over the months, Rock randomly shows up and costs Cena matchs, maybe title or No1 contender matches, until Cena snaps and Demands he face the Rock at Summerslam. Which would lead to their "Passing the Torch" moment.

Thats how I would work around the Cena vs the Rock. But like I already said, 20-0 HAS to be against John Cena. Theres no one left that could realistically beat him. Mania 24, 25 and 26 we all genuinely thought that the streak would end. Im sure none of us felt that way with Triple H.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:25 pm

Samo, I think that's a terrible idea. Screwing the fans out of Cena vs Rock and having Taker vs Cena with no build up. Make that two terrible ideas.

The funny thing is, I actually can't think of anyone who would benefit from working with Taker any more. The only people he gives any rub to are those who don't need it. I can't remember the last time anyone under 35 came out of a feud with him looking stronger.

I'd use him to put over Punk, Miz or Sheamus. I expect WWE will have the second streak vs career match, Undertaker vs Triple H.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:Samo, I think that's a terrible idea. Screwing the fans out of Cena vs Rock and having Taker vs Cena with no build up. Make that two terrible ideas.

Yeah you're right. I'd been up all day and my head was up my bum, lol. Reading it back it was a stupid idea.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:35 pm

I'm not sure I'd be so keen to see Taker vs HHH again, but it seems the only logical move. Only Orton, Cena and HHH of the current roster would be big enough to match up to the last 3 years. Cena is tied up, Orton will still be WHC probably (...and still giving Christian rematches..), so that leaves HHH again.

Outside of that, Sting would be a major draw, but god knows if that is even remotely possible...Sting seems dead set on never wrestling in the WWE.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Miz, Sheamus and Barrett just wouldnt draw. Its for 20-0, it has to be huge, it has to be a huge blockbuster name to give it the box office feel and Miz, Sheamus or Barrett just wont cut it.

Punk is a possibilty but it depends what happens with him, if he comes back and is booked well he could be seen a major threat but i still dont think he'd cut the mustard. I've got a top 3 who i'd like Taker to face next year -

3) If it has to be someone currently on the roster then for me it has to be Randy Orton, its a no brainer.

2) He's free, he's still in good shape, he'd be a legit threat, and would offer a smash mouth style match - Bill Goldberg. If he wants one last big payday, what better opportunity. Goldberg v The Undertaker = Box Office.

1) My number one choice, although i'm not sure it could happen, is someone who's done it all - Kurt Angle. He always says he needs new challenges, and if he wants one more thing on his illustrious CV then facing Taker at Mania is surely it. If Angle wants it, and wanted to leave TNA to do it, i think Vince would have it. If anyone can get a 5 star match out of Taker its Angle. He could turn up after the Rumble, claim he's done it all in this business, but there is one thing left he needs to do - end the streak. I'd love it - Kurt Angle vs The Undertaker.

Yes its a shame that the current WWE roster doesnt offer a big enough draw to sell the 20-0 match, but i dont think anyone would complain if it ended up being Orton, Goldberg or Angle.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:24 pm

No one really stands out at this point as a contender for the streak but then were are still 8 months away. Goldberg, Lesnar and Angle would all draw although making each of those matches could prove difficult. Goldberg/Taker could stink the house out, Angle has gone cuckoo and is a risk to have employeed by any company, and Lesnar and Dana White would take a helluva lot of persuading.

We may end up with HHH vs 'taker II which is not an enticing prospect for me at all.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:57 pm

What a shame that they haven't built up their own stars enough to pit them against Taker for the streak.

Punk, Miz, Sheamus and Christian have seven world titles in WWE between them yet none are portrayed as being anywhere near the level of a man in his mid 40s who only wrestles a couple of times a year.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:32 pm

I would sooner have 19-1 against an up and comer "passing the torch moment", or better yet just leaving him at 19-0.

I just got a feeling that he is just too banged up to have one last great match and the 20-0 win will just not live up to its billing, against whatever opponent.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:43 pm

If the streak was going to go, it would have gone by now, and it would have gone to Shawn Michaels.

I would never in a million years give the streak to an 'up and comer'.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:12 am

Of the current roster Orton or Punk are the only real options , Punk if he stays will be over as a super heel so he would be my pick can see a returning Taker out to bring down Punk .
Just thought does anyone think WWE may bring someone else in before mania who could face Taker ? this year it was Sting being talked about but could it be someone else ?

Last edited by KINGKENNY7HEAVEN on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oap moment)
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:56 am

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:Of the current roster Orton or Punk are the only real options , Punk if he stays will be over as a super heel so he would be my pick can see a returning Taker out to bring down Punk .
Just thought does anyone think WWE may bring someone else in before mania who could face Taker ? this year it was Sting being talked about but could it be someone else ?

Could have a battle royal between all of his the previous (surviving) opponents with the winner taking on Taker later on the night! Ha!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:59 am

VDT wrote:
KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:Of the current roster Orton or Punk are the only real options , Punk if he stays will be over as a super heel so he would be my pick can see a returning Taker out to bring down Punk .

Could have a battle royal between all of his the previous (surviving) opponents with the winner taking on Taker later on the night! Ha!

Sid Justice v The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 28 it is then! Eat your heart out Shawn Michaels....

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:00 am

I reckon that Vince will have bought TNA by then and it will be streak v streak.

The match everyone wants to see - Crimson v undertaker.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:18 am

Mr H wrote:
VDT wrote:

Sid Justice v The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 28 it is then! Eat your heart out Shawn Michaels....

Aw, I'd have plumped for A-Train!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:21 am

Giant Gonzalez v Taker would steal the show!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonicTruthSpeaker Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:33 am

I'd not give the Streak to an up-and-comer at all, who does WWE have who could present a realistic threat to the Streak, and put on a decent match?

Miz - isn't an 'up-and-comer' at all, how can someone who's headlined Mania in the showcase match be an 'up-and-comer'?

Sheamus and Barrett have both been buried beyond belief.

I'd also keep Orton away from it. He doesn't need the rub of beating him, and nor does he need to lose to him either.

If anything, and as much as it pains me to say it, with Cena facing Rocky and out of the equation, I think Triple H is the only viable guy left.

DemonicTruthSpeaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:48 am

If it was Triple H, i'd have a horrible feeling that he'd actually end the streak. He wouldnt lose to Taker two years in a row would he?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonicTruthSpeaker Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:59 am

I think he would.

Now that he's virtually retired, and isn't going to beat Flair's world title record (which is what I was certain he'd do before retiring, but I digress), I think he'd want to go out with one more huge match. Short of WWE going out and bringing someone like Goldberg (who I'm not sure would be prepared to come back and lose), Sting (who would have done it this year, had he any intention of wrestling in WWE) or even Brock Lesnar, then Taker at Mania 28 would be the match, chuck in HBK as a special ref and make it Career vs Career...

DemonicTruthSpeaker

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:04 am

They might actually build the match up on that - kinda as a little nod to the IWC - maybe have Taker and Mr McMahon cut a few promo's against each other, Taker challenges Vince, who declines and says his son-in-law will take the match AND end the streak, and Vince guarantees the streak will end.....? Throwing HBK in as guest ref would help legitamise it as stacking the deck against Taker.

And corporate HHH would want the money that a 20-0 dvd would generate, which would be a hell of a lot more than a 19-1 dvd would make, I think!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:59 am

John Cena's Speech writer wrote:They might actually build the match up on that - kinda as a little nod to the IWC - maybe have Taker and Mr McMahon cut a few promo's against each other, Taker challenges Vince, who declines and says his son-in-law will take the match AND end the streak, and Vince guarantees the streak will end.....? Throwing HBK in as guest ref would help legitamise it as stacking the deck against Taker.

And corporate HHH would want the money that a 20-0 dvd would generate, which would be a hell of a lot more than a 19-1 dvd would make, I think!

Does anyone think Vince would have the EGO to face Taker himself at mania in say a triple threat with HHH and Vince actually end the streak by pinning him .
Sorry we all know he has the EGO but would he do it ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:41 pm

They've considered Taker vs Vince in the past, the most recent being 2010 when it ended up being Taker vs Shawn Part 2.

Vince wouldn't have any interest in ending the streak. It just wouldn't happen.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by CHAMP19NS Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:24 pm

I'm still holding on to the slight hope that it will be Undertaker vs Sting, of course both are aged now but I still think that they could put on a great match, with fantastic promos building up to it.

It would also make Wrestlemania one of the best in recent years with Undertaker vs Sting and John Cena vs The Rock. There is always going to be the question of 'Will Sting come to the WWE to lose to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania' but I think with the right build up Sting could enhance his role in WWE after Wrestlemania.

Think of something such as Vince and Sting coming together and Vince agreeing that if Undertaker beats Sting then the Undertaker will be forced into retirement. It would make Sting a major heel for further feuds and it would be a fantastic way for Sting to put himself into WWE history.

CHAMP19NS

Back to top Go down

Post by Wellby_80 Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:12 am

Okay, this one will probably get shot down, but i've had no sleep with having a 3 week old baby and 18 month old at home! So, my mind is blown!...

I'd go for Undertaker v Kane (wait...hear me out!) in an Inferno v Buried Alive Match.

Strong match (no interference at this point). Kane loses, but gets 'burned' badly (Kane could get time off and reinvents the gimmick and bring back an 'old' Kane with mask) Paramedics etc everywhere. Taker in centre of ring, knackered like the HHH match.

All of a sudden, music hits and it's whoever his holding MITB briefcase enters. On the Mic, they say how they feel the Championship has become devalued (or whatever!) and the only way someone will get noticed/respected is if they take the streak. So they decide to cash in MITB on a Streak match rather than a title match. MITB holder wins (maybe even buries taker?) and Taker and streak ends and WWE has another opportunity to drop the ball Whistle

Please be gentle! I've had no sleep!!

Wellby_80

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:27 am

Wellby_80 wrote:Okay, this one will probably get shot down, but i've had no sleep with having a 3 week old baby and 18 month old at home! So, my mind is blown!...

I'd go for Undertaker v Kane (wait...hear me out!) in an Inferno v Buried Alive Match.

Strong match (no interference at this point). Kane loses, but gets 'burned' badly (Kane could get time off and reinvents the gimmick and bring back an 'old' Kane with mask) Paramedics etc everywhere. Taker in centre of ring, knackered like the HHH match.

All of a sudden, music hits and it's whoever his holding MITB briefcase enters. On the Mic, they say how they feel the Championship has become devalued (or whatever!) and the only way someone will get noticed/respected is if they take the streak. So they decide to cash in MITB on a Streak match rather than a title match. MITB holder wins (maybe even buries taker?) and Taker and streak ends and WWE has another opportunity to drop the ball Whistle

It's a crazy and insane bad idea, don't worry im the nice one just wait until the lions on this board read this lol

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Wellby_80 Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:49 am

bretmeharty wrote:
Wellby_80 wrote:Okay, this one will probably get shot down, but i've had no sleep with having a 3 week old baby and 18 month old at home! So, my mind is blown!...

It's a crazy and insane bad idea, don't worry im the nice one just wait until the lions on this board read this lol

You got the Crazy and Insane bit right! Lol! Just something a bit different.

I would prefer it to be a 19-1 record though. And would like it to be Wade Barrett as I went to school with him!

Wellby_80

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:55 am

I bet you couldn't wait to get that in could you ha

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Wellby_80 Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:42 am

I dont get out much sorry!

Wellby_80

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:32 pm

I think it'd be a complete waste of the streak to have somebody cash in the Money in the Bank contract to end it.

I don't mind the idea of Kane vs. Undertaker as his final match, and maybe even Buried Alive would be a good way to go out, rather than litterally retiring.

I can't understand how an Inferno vs. Buried Alive match can work, as the idea of an Inferno match is one that would be always in the ring.

You also say you'd want the record to be 19-1, but in your version it'd actually be 20-1 as he'd have just beaten Kane for number 20.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wellby_80 Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:50 pm

Sorry, meant that 19-1 if just a normal match.

i re-read my post this morning. I hadn't slept much! Apologies all!! Very Happy

Wellby_80

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:06 pm

So Undertaker doesn't beat Kane? I don't think you're allowed to cash it in while a match is going on.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next