The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geoff Miller please.....

+3
JDizzle
Liam_Main
Raymond
7 posters

Go down

Geoff Miller please..... Empty Geoff Miller please.....

Post by Raymond Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:42 pm

Pick either Finn or Bresnan for the India series instead of Board, Finn is a wicket taker and Bresnan can keep it very tight. At the moment Board can't do.

Agree or disagree???

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Geoff Miller please..... Empty Re: Geoff Miller please.....

Post by Liam_Main Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:50 pm

If Broad takes wickets in the final one-dayer than I would give him the 1st test to prove himself if he still doesn't deliver then I would drop him.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Finn does deserve a go in the side, he was harshly dropped during the ashes series

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Partially agree. Broad isn't doing enough to keep his place, but I don't think that either Finn (in his test against SL) or Bresnan in the ODI's have stuck their hands up strongly for selection.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:04 pm

I think Bres showed enough in Australia to be honest. He took 11 wickets @ 19.54 in his 2 games. Economy rate and strike rate were both good. I would send Broad back to his county to get a bit of form, and while Finn is a very promising wicket-taker, I think he can be a little loose and could be punished by a team like India. If a bowler at one end is leaking runs, then it's harder to take wickets at the other end, which is why I think Bresnan is a good option.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:33 pm

I agree that Finn can be loose but his still picks up wickets with his ever increasing pace (got up to 93/94 last night) and bounce, and with Anderson, Tremlett and Swann we can nearly afford Finn to be expensive IF he gets wickets. He has a strike rate of 41 in tests, which isn't too bad Wink. Bresnan isn't bad either as proved in Aus. Just don't think Board warrants a place at the moment.

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:40 pm

I think if it was looked at purely logically and based on this season so far, Broad would not be picked ahead of Finn. However, due to the situation and the amount of time they have invested in him since he was brought into the T20 side all that time ago, they obviously don't feel like they can drop him as easily. He has dropped down the pecking order from 1st/2nd choice bowler to 4th choice and if he doesn't improve will have to be dropped eventually but I think the selectors are just praying that he will come good and stop them having t make that decision. Can't see it myself, I worry about him being part of a 4 man attack against India.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Carrotdude wrote:I think if it was looked at purely logically and based on this season so far, Broad would not be picked ahead of Finn. However, due to the situation and the amount of time they have invested in him since he was brought into the T20 side all that time ago, they obviously don't feel like they can drop him as easily. He has dropped down the pecking order from 1st/2nd choice bowler to 4th choice and if he doesn't improve will have to be dropped eventually but I think the selectors are just praying that he will come good and stop them having t make that decision. Can't see it myself, I worry about him being part of a 4 man attack against India.

Did you read my mind?

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:17 pm

Bresnan is a buffet bowler.

Broad, whilst out of form, can turn a game.

Bresnan's performances vs Australia are being blown out of proportion

Australia are a shadow of their former self, it wasn't anyway near a World Class side that Bresnan got a few cheap wickets against.

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:44 pm

Masked Magician wrote:Bresnan is a buffet bowler.

Broad, whilst out of form, can turn a game.

Bresnan's performances vs Australia are being blown out of proportion

Australia are a shadow of their former self, it wasn't anyway near a World Class side that Bresnan got a few cheap wickets against.

Hang on, Australia's batting was still strong, Ponting, Clarke, Hussey, Watson and Haddin. That is a class batting line up, like it or not Bresnan bowled magnificently when required. Bresnan Bowling in tests average 28, SR 59, Econ 2.89, Broad Bowling in tests average 36, SR 69, Econ 3.14.

Not really a 'buffet' bowler when his stats are better.

When was the last time Broad turned a game in a test match? back in 2009 I think.

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:10 am

The England management has so much belief in Stuart Broad. Also they have stuck by players during tough times, and mostly, they have come through. Alastair Cook, Jonathan Trott, Paul Collingwood earlier.......
Don't think they will easily ditch Broad. But if he doesn't improve his form, and if Tremlett, Anderson and Swann also feel the pinch at the hands of the Indian batting due to lack of pressure from the 4th bowler, I think they may consider a mid-series change. In that case, I think ita will be Tim Bresnan who will come in, He's a hardworking bowler who has improved over the last few seasons. And like Broad, he can contribute with the bat at 8.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 am

Stuart Broad has been dropped for the final ODI. They say it is tactical, as the pitch will turn, and it may well be but it does show Broad is the last of the seamers as it were and he now must know he is coming up to last chance saloon.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down