The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The strange case of Dr Federer and Mr Nadal

5 posters

Go down

The strange case of Dr Federer and Mr Nadal  Empty The strange case of Dr Federer and Mr Nadal

Post by polished_man Mon 11 Jul 2011, 2:13 pm

Has Roger Federer played a key role in making the irresistible raise of the Mallorcan real, and was he subsequently let down and threaten by his own creature gone out of control?

As bizarre as it may seem, this hypothesis finds plenty of reference in analogous stories occurred in the past. In a similar way behaved for example Lucifer, who was once the favourite Angel of God, and that, unhappy of this privileged condition, got prideful and thought he should be worshipped instead of God himself.

More recently Sigmund Freud would elaborate on a similar concept: according to him the narcissistic personality (Federer) develops in the early years an idealised projection of himself or “double”. But when it is encountered later in life, after childhood narcissism has been overcome, the double invokes a sensation of the uncanny or a return to a primitive state (as Nadal) which is an unsettling experience and generate fear.

If this is true, why did Roger Federer help to create his nemesis Nadal instead of enjoying his solitary ruling of the tennis scene? Is it possible that he just felt too alone and wanted a buddy around to share emotions and experience with, or that he wanted to ensure a sort of legacy to the sport and had had just enough of being compared to Tiger Woods or other over achievers in the most disparate corners of the human endeavour?

Last edited by polished_man on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

The strange case of Dr Federer and Mr Nadal  Empty Re: The strange case of Dr Federer and Mr Nadal

Post by Tenez Mon 11 Jul 2011, 2:45 pm

Nice story.

My version is more basic! It's simply Lucifer again, throwing Rafael on Roger's path to alter and destroy God's creation, essentially through use of earthly powers and relentless doubting and questionning:

"can you time my CC FH with that BH again without shanking?".

Tenez

Back to top Go down

The strange case of Dr Federer and Mr Nadal  Empty Re: The strange case of Dr Federer and Mr Nadal

Post by laverfan Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:10 pm

Is this a new version of 'Midnight's Children'? Erm

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:48 pm

Sorry LF. I don't get it , one of the few book I didn't read, honest!
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:06 pm

Frankly, this forum needs a Slam. Very Happy
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:28 pm

I think you are my doppleganger, aren't you mad boxing
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 11 Jul 2011, 6:53 pm

This post is very allegorical. I don't know if its nice to say that Nadal is the Mr. Hyde to Roger's Dr. Jekyll.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 11 Jul 2011, 7:40 pm

polished_man wrote:Sorry LF. I don't get it , one of the few book I didn't read, honest!

There is an underlying theme of dichotomy that runs throughout the book and is considered blasphemous in certain parts of the world.

Just considering the parallels in your allegorical references and that book. You should read the book, if you can.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Mon 11 Jul 2011, 8:12 pm

Socal: in this case Dr Jackyll and Mr Hyde represent just two opposite parties that are yet in some strange ways connected between each other, no reference to the battle of good and evil!

LF: sure I'll have a look at the book as I am now curious. Maybe I can find some more useful insights for my tennis theory Wink
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down