The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE overseas

+3
Jammy31
Samo
bretmeharty
7 posters

Go down

WWE overseas Empty WWE overseas

Post by bretmeharty Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:41 pm

With nearly 20 years since summerslam was held at wembley, Is anyone else surprised they havent held a PPV out of America/Canada since then, bearing in mind they no doubt have 10x 50x 100x the budget they would of had in 92', whats your thoughts on the matter do you think they should go oversea's every 10 years or so for a PPV.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

WWE overseas Empty Re: WWE overseas

Post by Samo Wed 13 Jul 2011, 11:13 pm

i dont know why they dont. The RAW's and SD'd held here always seem to have a high attendance, Im fairly sure a PPV here would be a sellout.

The only thing I can imagine would be showing it in the US on TV. We have them at 1am here which makes it about 8pm New York time. So a PPV here at that time would be the middle of the day in the US.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed 13 Jul 2011, 11:27 pm

Could you imagine a Wrestlemania at Wembley?! I would sure as hell love that! It has the ability to be amazing, but as said above, the time difference would be dodgy. I would love to go to Fan Axxess and Wrestlemania in London!
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 14 Jul 2011, 12:50 am

The time difference must be an issue. If effectively they are trying to sell a prerecorded pay- per-view I think they'd fear the numbers would be poor. It was possible in 92 with no Internet but not today.

You've just got to look at how the Raw ratings drop when it's a taped show

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:32 pm

IMO I think they could get around the time difference have it live about 9pm in London and be about 4 in the us, once in a blue moon I think it could work.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:41 pm

But if it kicks off at 9pm on a Sunday then most people wont get home till atleast half 12 - 1am. Would be difficult for those with work or school the next day. Unless they did it during the holidays.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:51 pm

Samo wrote:But if it kicks off at 9pm on a Sunday then most people wont get home till atleast half 12 - 1am. Would be difficult for those with work or school the next day. Unless they did it during the holidays.

They have gigs etc on a sunday night quite late so its the same,

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:55 pm

bretmeharty wrote:
Samo wrote:But if it kicks off at 9pm on a Sunday then most people wont get home till atleast half 12 - 1am. Would be difficult for those with work or school the next day. Unless they did it during the holidays.

Tell me about it, I went to the Foos at Milton Keynes and got home at 4am and I was in work a few hours later.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:58 pm

But if its a PPV in the States it doesnt start til 1am over here, so most people stay up and watch it anyway and still go to work and school the next day, so it wouldnt make any difference!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:59 pm

Hero wrote:
bretmeharty wrote:

Tell me about it, I went to the Foos at Milton Keynes and got home at 4am and I was in work a few hours later.

How was it, a girl at my work went and she said it was awesome

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Francis Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:12 pm

bretmeharty wrote:
Hero wrote:
bretmeharty wrote:

How was it, a girl at my work went and she said it was awesome

Sorry to butt in, but I went as well on the Sunday and it was furking amazing! John Paul Jones & Seasick Steve made it all the better!

Francis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down