The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Murray v Kevin Mitchell

+6
Super D Boon
Sugar Boy Sweetie
coxy0001
Scottrf
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Steffan
10 posters

Go down

John Murray v Kevin Mitchell Empty John Murray v Kevin Mitchell

Post by Steffan Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:42 pm

This should be a good fight

Must admit though having a look at Union Canes prediction league and a lot of general opinion im quite shocked that so many people have Murray to win

Before Mitchell lost to Katsidis people were touting him as the next big thing and many said he had the tools to beat Khan (probably due to the Mitch beating Prescott)

Also at the time many were saying that Murray was a good fighter but looked European level at best (which I agree with)

IMO Mitchell has been in with better opposition and Katsidis aside has looked impressive at times

Dont get me wrong im not saying that I would want to put money on this one (I got the Mitch to win on a SD on Union Canes prediction league) but I am still kind of shocked that Murray seems to be such a heavy favourite on here

Just wondering why I guess

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

John Murray v Kevin Mitchell Empty Re: John Murray v Kevin Mitchell

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:46 pm

I think Murray will win because he will pressure Mitchell from the start and due to Kev being out for a year I can see him getting stopped late on. I'm not a massive Murray fan and like you I see him as a Euro level fighter. I think he might just be getting Mitchell at the perfect time. If Mitchell had of had a couple of warm up fights I would fancy him to win by a wide UD.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:47 pm

While Murray has been fighting, Mitchell has been drinking and having domestics. That's much of the reason for me, as well as question marks over Mitchell's physicality. Mitchell is a better technician though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:49 pm

Before Mitchell lost to Katsidis people were touting him as the next big thing

Not me, Katsidis won yours truly a fortune that night.

Not having a bet on Murray as i can't watch it, and i don't like betting on fights i won't watch as that's when a gambling habit starts up.

If i'm going to lose hundreds i want at least want the emotional turmoil that goes with it!

I don't like Mitchell at all, Katsidis was always going to spark him and i fancy Murray to do the same albeit further down the distance.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:49 pm

I think Mitchell is the better boxer and a few days ago I was backing him to win. But I seriously question his commitment to boxing. He's been out a year while Murray has been active, Murray is the bigger stronger man and although he's not a huge puncher he has good stamina and physicality at the weight. The more I think about it the more I think Murray will have the strength and fitness to wear Mitchell down after a bright start from kevin. I have a feeling Mitchell will struggle with Murray in the second half of the fight and lose a decision based on workrate.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:20 pm

Has Mitchell fought since Katsidis blew him away?

Strange comeback fight for him if he hasn't. Mitchell with his loss and domestics is a broken man. Murray is limited but Mitchell is a bit frail so will get blown away again.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:30 pm

Tricky fight, if Murray blasts forward relentlessly at the level he's been at, which has been ultra poor he gets away with it, Mitchell might not be everybody's cup of tea, but he has lightning fast hands, and terrific head movement at his best, he can crack with the left hook especially as well, and will destroy Murray imo within 10 rounds. That said, if Mitchell is rusty, Murray gets to him in 10 rounds also.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:36 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Before Mitchell lost to Katsidis people were touting him as the next big thing

Not me, Katsidis won yours truly a fortune that night.

Not having a bet on Murray as i can't watch it, and i don't like betting on fights i won't watch as that's when a gambling habit starts up.

If i'm going to lose hundreds i want at least want the emotional turmoil that goes with it!

I don't like Mitchell at all, Katsidis was always going to spark him and i fancy Murray to do the same albeit further down the distance.

I didnt know you never liked Mitchell, you never mentioned it Yahoo

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 15 Jul 2011, 4:55 pm

Both are overrated boxers...Dont rate either of them...Katsidis in all honesty could of blasted Mitchell out in round 1.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Jul 2011, 5:24 pm

He didn't though did he, less of the inciteful comments might be a good thing

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 15 Jul 2011, 5:34 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:Both are overrated boxers...Dont rate either of them...Katsidis in all honesty could of blasted Mitchell out in round 1.

I think he could of blasted him out before he got to the ring, but been arrested laughing

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 15 Jul 2011, 6:13 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:Both are overrated boxers...Dont rate either of them...Katsidis in all honesty could of blasted Mitchell out in round 1.

I think he could of blasted him out before he got to the ring, but been arrested laughing

Katsidis always got shown up at world level and yet he walked through Mitchell...Cant see Mitchell mixing it with world class boxers.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:46 pm

Agree with that!

I'm strangely looking forward to the fight though, am hoping for a Murray win but I don't think he's actually good and either will get found out (again...in Mitchell's case) when/if they step up.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 15 Jul 2011, 10:01 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

Katsidis always got shown up at world level and yet he walked through Mitchell...Cant see Mitchell mixing it with world class boxers.

Oh, my god... *deep breath, swallow*.....

I.... erm...

I... oh god...

I....

I......

I........

I ag-ag-ag.......

God this is hard

I agree with you!

Pass me the whiskey!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 15 Jul 2011, 11:38 pm

its a strange one with these two because i think Murray is euro level and no better and i think mitchell has good boxing talent but with Mitchell having been out a year and all the pap in his personal life i think murray wins a close ud on pressure. but i am not confident on this one either.

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down