The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Murray - Last Stop Hardcourt Season....Will He or Won't He?

4 posters

Go down

Andy Murray - Last Stop Hardcourt Season....Will He or Won't He? Empty Andy Murray - Last Stop Hardcourt Season....Will He or Won't He?

Post by legendkillar Thu 14 Jul 2011, 8:59 pm

To be or not to be? That is what used to be the question. Now it is will he or won't he? Will he win a Slam when he rolls into Flushing Meadows? Will he appoint a coach at long last?

Murray's season so far has been the best he has had. By far. A winning percentage of 76.31% this season. He best season to date was 2009 strangely enough. His winning percentage that year was 85.71% and that is considering 'under' performances at the slams that year. This year has seen change. But for the better and fans too would agree. The attitude has improved dramatically since his slump post Australia. For me as a fan I have enjoyed his Clay court performances. To see him re-discover his form on the surface deemed his 'weakest' and play a new brand of tennis that made me smile and made me think 'Go on Son' that will shut the doubters up. Passive?? My Ar5e!! It was good for 'British' tennis to see him win Queens again and perform well at Wimbledon only to come undone by an inspired Nadal. The Davis Cup performance spoke volumes of where he was as a man. The emotion. Showing what it means to be British. None of this English v Scottish nonsense. Doesn't matter when the colour of the flag is red and blue and a hint of white. Now we shall be heading to the Hardcourts of America. First and foremost Andy needs to defend his Toronto title and even maybe grab a final place at Cincinatti. The draw at the US Open being so far away it will be hard to speculate his progression. I would like for him not to have a meltdown like last year against Wawrinka.

Coaching. The speculation behind this seems to have died down which is a good thing. Cahill, Stefanki and Lendl have all been mentioned. I am glad Andy is taking his time. That shows he knows where his game is and what it needs to just nudge him that bit further. There is no doubt in my mind if Cahill came out tomorrow and said he was available, Andy would snap him up. Cahill in the small time with working with Andy has had a positive effect on his game. Both mentally and physically. Andy is using the FH more and is not having a Tourette's moment on court so much. I am hoping they can sit down and arrange something. What a combination that would be.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Andy Murray - Last Stop Hardcourt Season....Will He or Won't He? Empty Re: Andy Murray - Last Stop Hardcourt Season....Will He or Won't He?

Post by carrieg4 Thu 14 Jul 2011, 9:28 pm

Couldn't agree more LK.

Loving Murray's recent temperament and think that he is really close to being where he needs to be. Cahill seems to be the perfect coach for him.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Andy Murray - Last Stop Hardcourt Season....Will He or Won't He? Empty Re: Andy Murray - Last Stop Hardcourt Season....Will He or Won't He?

Post by legendkillar Thu 14 Jul 2011, 9:36 pm

Cahill is perfect carrieg4. I am hoping they can agree on something. Murray seems unstoppable under his guidance.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Fri 15 Jul 2011, 5:55 pm

legendkillar wrote:Cahill is perfect carrieg4. I am hoping they can agree on something. Murray seems unstoppable under his guidance.

Let's hope that Murray does stick with Cahill in the short term at least. I wish he would engage a sports psychologist because I think he could really do with some help with techniques to retain focus when he goes through a low point in a match - we all know how great and competitive he is when he is in the zone, but he needs to work on the focus when the timing is just a bit off or he has just messed up.

Good luck Andy, and here's hoping for a glorious US Open

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sat 16 Jul 2011, 5:16 pm

I totally agree with the comments from all above thumbsup

I just wish Andy could break his duck and get just ONE GS .

It would do wonders for his morale (and my neeeerves) Whistle

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 7:32 pm

Have faith yummymummy - he will get there with the right support.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2011, 9:22 pm

carrieg4 wrote:Have faith yummymummy - he will get there with the right support.

Lets hope its not a hernia belt !

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 09 Aug 2011, 6:45 pm

Andy Murray is up against Kevin Anderson next. Got my sofa ticket booked Smile

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down