The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxers you love to watch, not for their talent, but for their sillyness!

+14
BALTIMORA
Union Cane
coxy0001
Michaels, Sean
Valero's Conscience
Big Paul
bellchees
Young_Towzer
The Galveston Giant
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Fists of Fury
Scottrf
ONETWOFOREVER
School Project
18 posters

Go down

Boxers you love to watch, not for their talent, but for their sillyness! Empty Boxers you love to watch, not for their talent, but for their sillyness!

Post by School Project Thu 14 Jul 2011, 9:20 pm

Good evening all! Looking forward to the decent looking card this weekend I hope? (COME ON MURRAY, HIT THE "ALLEDGED" DOPE GROWING SCALLY IN THE FACE!!!).

I remember watching a fight 2 or 3 years back on a Hatton undercard - Emanuel Augustus was facing some slick-hitting cat. Untill around the 3rd, 4th or 5th round. Emanuel looked a bit fed up of the counter punching style of this dude and started dancing... what I experience next was one of the most beautiful sights I've seen in the ring since Gatti - Ward... BOTH GUYS, IN THE ACT OF BOXING PASSION START HAVING A GOOD OL' FASHION HO-DOWN!!! It was amazing.

Another fighter who I watch for comedy value is Anthony Small. I admit that hate the guy, I find him useless and without going too far into it, horrid outside the ring with some of his views... BUT a casual boxing friend of mine pointed out a number of comical areas - The guy clearly doesn't care who he offends, remember when he entered some leisure centre on a moped and suit holding a Tottenham scarf (I think anyways) and started goading the home fans of some other team who lost something like 7-0 - VERY FUNNY! Then there's the guys nick name "Sugar Ray Clay Jones Jr", I also remember when he was doing some very unusual motions when Sam Webb go in close... when they were holding he was almost humping Webb.

I might start a TOP 10 P4P List of comical boxers actually. But I can't think of any more other than our heavyweight prospect Tyson Fury...

Who would you add?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Boxers you love to watch, not for their talent, but for their sillyness! Empty Re: Boxers you love to watch, not for their talent, but for their sillyness!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 14 Jul 2011, 9:57 pm

Cnat remember his name. Asian kid from east london, funniest ring entrance EVER!

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Boxers you love to watch, not for their talent, but for their sillyness! Empty Re: Boxers you love to watch, not for their talent, but for their sillyness!

Post by Scottrf Thu 14 Jul 2011, 10:07 pm

Usman Ahmed

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 14 Jul 2011, 10:49 pm

Paulie Malignaggi has some good ones.

Made me laugh when he dressed as a super hero before the Cotto (not Miguel) fight!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 14 Jul 2011, 10:56 pm

I'm a big Malignaggi fan the guy can't punch but he is always saying he is going to KO his opponent. The superhero costume was hilarious although still not sure what it was all about.

People sometimes forget because of all that stuff and his soft hands that the guy is as tough as anyone around.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 14 Jul 2011, 11:27 pm

Mayorga was always a laugh, more in the build up, but could be just as crazy in the ring.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 15 Jul 2011, 12:00 am

Mayorga, lighting up a ciggy in the ring after a win, add the fact that the build up to his fights he was a BAD man... what a choice!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 15 Jul 2011, 12:53 am

prettyboykev wrote:I'm a big Malignaggi fan the guy can't punch but he is always saying he is going to KO his opponent. The superhero costume was hilarious although still not sure what it was all about.

People sometimes forget because of all that stuff and his soft hands that the guy is as tough as anyone around.

Yeah, he was a real glorified floor to ceiling ball for the best fighters. Your right though, he was tough

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri 15 Jul 2011, 1:39 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X47MbCeKSo4

Emanuel Augustus double punch. Funny stuff.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Paul Fri 15 Jul 2011, 6:41 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Cnat remember his name. Asian kid from east london, funniest ring entrance EVER!

Spoiler:

Epic! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Big Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 15 Jul 2011, 8:30 am

School Project wrote:I remember watching a fight 2 or 3 years back on a Hatton undercard - Emanuel Augustus was facing some slick-hitting cat. Untill around the 3rd, 4th or 5th round. Emanuel looked a bit fed up of the counter punching style of this dude and started dancing... what I experience next was one of the most beautiful sights I've seen in the ring since Gatti - Ward... BOTH GUYS, IN THE ACT OF BOXING PASSION START HAVING A GOOD OL' FASHION HO-DOWN!!! It was amazing.

This might be it, quality!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6z2UE0hdT8

Yahoo

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 15 Jul 2011, 8:49 am

Nooooo I can't watch it on my phone, I'll have to save it until I get home! Thanks for finding it Valero. Also that double punch is a thing of beauty. Pacquiao was a pretender when he did it to Clottey. P4P my bum.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 15 Jul 2011, 8:51 am

Emmanuel Augustus!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 15 Jul 2011, 8:54 am

Joe Calzaghe started dancing a lot towards the end of his career. You had the RJJ shuffles and the rogering of BHop. Still love the look of disgust on Stallones face at ringside when Calzaghe is pretending to hang out the back of him.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:05 am

P4P my bum

That's probably best to keep that between you and your internet service provider....

(10 gold stars if anyone can name the quote....)

I don't think i've ever laughed as much as Ahmed's entrance, then got sparked beyond belief. Naturally i wasn't laughing at that point but once he'd come around ok and they were showing the replies i did find it amusing. Who would've thought that one ring walk would exude more arrogance than 2 years worth of Haye shooting his mouth off eh?! Wink

Whitaker was another who'd dance like a fairy, not literally dancing but would duck and dive with his hands knowhere near his chin... then turn his back, jog away and do it all again.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:12 am

Ahmed didn't get sparked in that fight, it was this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Sj6QxrTI8
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:16 am

Union

?

It was the Sexton fight where he had the stupid ring walk/entrance.

Either way, total clown. Especially doing it on live SS. Be like me rapping on the first tee at The Open before chilli dipping a 2 iron into the nearest bit of elephant grass en route to a quad.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:19 am

Sexton fight he had a silly entrance, but not the one in the video. The colour of his gloves change.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:19 am

It wasn't, watch the video of the Sexton fight (with entrances) which I have helpfully posted above...

Its a different fight.

Someone spliced them together and put it on Youtube, which is where your misunderstanding may have arisen.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:41 am

No, he entered the ring acting like a clown... y'know the bit where he gets into the ring..... Does a stupid dance...... Then gets sparked a few minutes later!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:50 am

School Project wrote:Good evening all! Looking forward to the decent looking card this weekend I hope? (COME ON MURRAY, HIT THE "ALLEDGED" DOPE GROWING SCALLY IN THE FACE!!!).

I remember watching a fight 2 or 3 years back on a Hatton undercard - Emanuel Augustus was facing some slick-hitting cat. Untill around the 3rd, 4th or 5th round. Emanuel looked a bit fed up of the counter punching style of this dude and started dancing... what I experience next was one of the most beautiful sights I've seen in the ring since Gatti - Ward... BOTH GUYS, IN THE ACT OF BOXING PASSION START HAVING A GOOD OL' FASHION HO-DOWN!!! It was amazing.

Another fighter who I watch for comedy value is Anthony Small. I admit that hate the guy, I find him useless and without going too far into it, horrid outside the ring with some of his views... BUT a casual boxing friend of mine pointed out a number of comical areas - The guy clearly doesn't care who he offends, remember when he entered some leisure centre on a moped and suit holding a Tottenham scarf (I think anyways) and started goading the home fans of some other team who lost something like 7-0 - VERY FUNNY! Then there's the guys nick name "Sugar Ray Clay Jones Jr", I also remember when he was doing some very unusual motions when Sam Webb go in close... when they were holding he was almost humping Webb.

I might start a TOP 10 P4P List of comical boxers actually. But I can't think of any more other than our heavyweight prospect Tyson Fury...

Who would you add?

Small's a tw@ though, no more. If he was the second coming of even one of those guys who comprise his ludicrous and irrelevant nickname then perhaps he'd have a leg to stand on. As it is he's a hateful little oik. Just a shame he 'retired' without having been dealt a proper shoeing. In the ring, of course.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:59 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
School Project wrote:Good evening all! Looking forward to the decent looking card this weekend I hope? (COME ON MURRAY, HIT THE "ALLEDGED" DOPE GROWING SCALLY IN THE FACE!!!).

Who would you add?

Small's a tw@ though, no more. If he was the second coming of even one of those guys who comprise his ludicrous and irrelevant nickname then perhaps he'd have a leg to stand on. As it is he's a hateful little oik. Just a shame he 'retired' without having been dealt a proper shoeing. In the ring, of course.
clap

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jul 2011, 10:07 am

Remember at the Calzaghe Manfredo fight hull journeyman heavyweight Tony Booth was fighting some prospect or other. The guy he wasn't fighting wasn't all that so Booth started acting the clown, sticking his tongue out and the like. Once he got a laugh that was it, the full repertoire came out. He did the Ali shuffle, the bolo punches, switch hitting and so on. 20,000+ people were laughing and cheering him on, the louder folk laughed the more outrageous his antics got. More fun than the main event as it turned out

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 15 Jul 2011, 10:31 am

rowley wrote:Remember at the Calzaghe Manfredo fight hull journeyman heavyweight Tony Booth was fighting some prospect or other. The guy he wasn't fighting wasn't all that so Booth started acting the clown, sticking his tongue out and the like. Once he got a laugh that was it, the full repertoire came out. He did the Ali shuffle, the bolo punches, switch hitting and so on. 20,000+ people were laughing and cheering him on, the louder folk laughed the more outrageous his antics got. More fun than the main event as it turned out

Isn't he Cherie 'I can fit five snooker balls in my mouth' Blair's dad?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Jul 2011, 10:40 am

rowley wrote:Remember at the Calzaghe Manfredo fight hull journeyman heavyweight Tony Booth was fighting some prospect or other. The guy he wasn't fighting wasn't all that so Booth started acting the clown, sticking his tongue out and the like. Once he got a laugh that was it, the full repertoire came out. He did the Ali shuffle, the bolo punches, switch hitting and so on. 20,000+ people were laughing and cheering him on, the louder folk laughed the more outrageous his antics got. More fun than the main event as it turned out

This is the feller...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXuBML8C61c

Absolute classic.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 15 Jul 2011, 10:48 am

Anthony Small is a pleb. What happened to him anyway - is he coming back?

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 15 Jul 2011, 10:57 am

The GOAT:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=55434&cat=boxer

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 15 Jul 2011, 11:11 am

Dazstarr wrote:Anthony Small is a pleb. What happened to him anyway - is he coming back?

He's an extremist Islamic muppet nowadays, and can be seen burning poppies and generally bad-mouthing British troops.

Seen here on the left, covering part of his face:

Muppet

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 15 Jul 2011, 11:59 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:Anthony Small is a pleb. What happened to him anyway - is he coming back?

He's an extremist Islamic muppet nowadays, and can be seen burning poppies and generally bad-mouthing British troops.

Seen here on the left, covering part of his face:

Muppet

yeah i've seen that pic - has he turned his back on boxing for good?

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 15 Jul 2011, 12:01 pm

I think boxing has turned it's back on him. Noone would promote one of his fights.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jul 2011, 12:02 pm

Daz don't think he has any choice. Can't remember which promoter it was, probably Warren but basically said nobody would touch him, with the hassle, bad press and extra security you would have to put on it would not make sense in terms of hassle or finances. I disagree though for me he would be the perfect comeback opponent for Haye.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Jul 2011, 12:04 pm

Haye should fight Tony Booth, I'd pay to watch that...

Shuffle shuffle bang!
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 15 Jul 2011, 12:12 pm

Jorge Paez " The Clown Prince of Boxing" is arguably the most silly boxer of all time. Check out his fights on youtube and the daft dances and costumes. A truly silly man of boxing.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 15 Jul 2011, 12:15 pm

rowley wrote:Daz don't think he has any choice. Can't remember which promoter it was, probably Warren but basically said nobody would touch him, with the hassle, bad press and extra security you would have to put on it would not make sense in terms of hassle or finances. I disagree though for me he would be the perfect comeback opponent for Haye.

Laugh Now that I'd pay to see!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 15 Jul 2011, 12:19 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
rowley wrote:Daz don't think he has any choice. Can't remember which promoter it was, probably Warren but basically said nobody would touch him, with the hassle, bad press and extra security you would have to put on it would not make sense in terms of hassle or finances. I disagree though for me he would be the perfect comeback opponent for Haye.

Laugh Now that I'd pay to see!

I would remortgage my house!!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 15 Jul 2011, 12:22 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:

Boxers you love to watch, not for their talent, but for their sillyness! 810156456 Now that I'd pay to see!

Seconded. In fact, I'd offer Small a career-high payday, but to be paid in used notes smeared with bacon fat.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:23 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:Joe Calzaghe started dancing a lot towards the end of his career. You had the RJJ shuffles.

I thought Calzaghe looked ridiculous attempting those. He doesnt possess the natural flair and showmanship of Jones and ended up looking clumsy, awkward and just plain silly.

Most boxers who attempt these also end up looking the same.

In fact, I was watching American HW "prospect" Deontay Wilder fighting some obese clown a few weeks ago on Youtube, and he was trying to box with swagger and panache yet ended up resembling a drunk girraffe. The only highlight was when the fat bum almost decked him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUlfI5VlZuY

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down