The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glenn McCrory's take on Murray v Mitchell

+4
Lumbering_Jack
Scottrf
The Galveston Giant
Young_Towzer
8 posters

Go down

Glenn McCrory's take on Murray v Mitchell Empty Glenn McCrory's take on Murray v Mitchell

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 14 Jul 2011, 11:22 pm

It's a star-studded night of boxing this Saturday with John Murray v Kevin Mitchell and a highly-promising rematch between Tony Bellew and Ovill McKenzie just two of the big fights.

The Murray v Mitchell fight is dependent on one thing in my eyes and that's which Kevin Mitchell shows up.

Mitchell for me is the better fighter with more to his game. His camp are making all the right noises this time around - it seems he's put his head together and he's been to camp, he's in shape and focused.

If we get the Mitchell that was so impressive in beating Breidis Prescott, I think the Dagenham man will be too good for Murray.

It's a fabulous fight because it's a crossroads for both of them. Mitchell isn't old. He's not a worn fighter. It's only going to be about personal problems and what's left inside that counts. How much did that crushing defeat to Katsidis take out of him? If he loses here where does he go? It would be easier for Murray to regroup and come again than it would be for Mitchell, but equally I believe a fully-firing Kevin Mitchell could get back to world level.

Murray may be operating at the top of his capability. I could be wrong but there's a suggestion the Mancunian has found his league being a top domestic fighter. There's still always a chance he could raise his game and there's a chance that someone of Mitchell's quality may bring the best out of him. It's going to be a terrific fight because they're both fiery characters.

I don't think questions over Mitchell's chin are fair purely based on what happened against Katsidis. Anyone who gets hit by Katsidis can go down - he's a top puncher. Against Katsidis, Mitchell made a silly mistake. When Katsidis went defensive, Mitchell didn't know what to do. Then he got caught.

I think Frank Warren can put Mitchell back on the big stage if he comes through this. So many British fighters recently have been handed the opportunity to further themselves. I think Mitchell is better suited to world-class level than Murray but I'm just really looking forward to this clash.

From skysports.com

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Glenn McCrory's take on Murray v Mitchell Empty Re: Glenn McCrory's take on Murray v Mitchell

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 14 Jul 2011, 11:23 pm

Thanks Towzer
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Glenn McCrory's take on Murray v Mitchell Empty Re: Glenn McCrory's take on Murray v Mitchell

Post by Scottrf Thu 14 Jul 2011, 11:27 pm

Sounds about right but I don't think Mitchell is quite world class either. Surprised to hear someone at Sky say Murray has found his level but I agree.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 14 Jul 2011, 11:28 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Thanks Towzer
No danger

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 15 Jul 2011, 10:43 am

I was watching ringside last night and felt they both lacked something.... A personality.

Step it up guys, everyone likes a bit of bad blood. Mitchell is slurring his words, more down to his intelligence I think rather than being punch drunk. I wish he had admitted that he was beaten by the better man rather than saying he had a row with his mother as his reason for losing. Sour grapes.

Hope Murray smashes him.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 15 Jul 2011, 11:44 am

alma wrote:I am now distantly related to Kevin Mitchell by marriage and can honestly say his family is about the thickest I have ever encountered.

Not sure that's particularly relevant, but just thought I would share

Not sure what it's got to do with anything but he does seem pretty thick. Talented boxer though. I can't see him beating Murray due to the lay-off. Murray only loses for me if he doesn't stay on top of Mitchell and make him put in a shift. If he does that I can see him stopping Mitchell late.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 15 Jul 2011, 11:46 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I was watching ringside last night and felt they both lacked something.... A personality.

Step it up guys, everyone likes a bit of bad blood. Mitchell is slurring his words, more down to his intelligence I think rather than being punch drunk. I wish he had admitted that he was beaten by the better man rather than saying he had a row with his mother as his reason for losing. Sour grapes.

Hope Murray smashes him.

I've got to say mate I actually enjoyed not hearing all the usually nonsense about people getting KO'd and put in hospital. I was hoping they would have a handshake nothing wrong with a bit of professional respect.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 15 Jul 2011, 12:41 pm

alma wrote:I am now distantly related to Kevin Mitchell by marriage and can honestly say his family is about the thickest I have ever encountered.

Not sure that's particularly relevant, but just thought I would share

This made me laugh. Can't say I'm surprised to hear that Mitchell's lot are thicker than a whale omelette.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:16 pm

In all fairness YT the late Jade Goody had more money than me, would still have backed myself to beat her at Trivial Pursuits.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:18 pm

His comment has gone now, makes me look like I'm talking to myself, again.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:20 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I was watching ringside last night and felt they both lacked something.... A personality.

Hope Murray smashes him.

Lie number 1 - ''The guy went out and done his job'' referring to Katsidis beating him
Lie number 2 - He clapped, congratulated Katsidis after the fight, has said numerous times he lost to the better man
Lie number 3- It was his girlfriend who had his 2 kids who he argued with

Compulsive liar with mental lying opinions

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:20 pm

rowley wrote:His comment has gone now, makes me look like I'm talking to myself, again.

A likely excuse...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:26 pm

rowley wrote:In all fairness YT the late Jade Goody had more money than me, would still have backed myself to beat her at Trivial Pursuits.

Mitchell's a former England international, ABA champ, British&Commonwealth champ, World title challenger, still fighting and earning a living at 26, lumbering jack swears on a 606v2 forum, i won't lie people who pretend to be intelligent and call everyone thick makes me cringe, especially when there not doing anything with there lives compared to the people there slating. Kev must be thick, he isn't walking about with a t shirt holding Murray's head, and saying he gonna violate him, put him in hospital, wants his head.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:28 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
rowley wrote:His comment has gone now, makes me look like I'm talking to myself, again.

A likely excuse...

You call Mitchell thick but then say there's nout rong with Haye going absolutely way, way overboard hyping the Klitschko fight up mmmmm

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:30 pm

Wasn't either defending or slating Mitchell so a run through his achievements is largely irrelevant was more questioning the apparent line of thinking that equated money in the bank with intelligence, a theory I think my more than amusing response brilliantly dismissed as poppycock.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:39 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:

Hope Murray smashes him.

Lie number 1 - ''The guy went out and done his job'' referring to Katsidis beating him
Lie number 2 - He clapped, congratulated Katsidis after the fight, has said numerous times he lost to the better man

#1 - He still made excuses about his own performance (or lack thereof).
#2 - He can't really argue about this one. He was smoked by Katsidis the first time Katsidis really bothered to step up a gear and put the pressure on, once he'd figured he could walk through Mitchell's shots.
#3 - Pointing out that Mitchell had blamed his loss on his arguing with his girlfriend and not his mother is missing the point. He still made the excuse. Contrast with Katsidis who lost his brother a month before fighting JMM, but didn't use that as his excuse.

You then go on to defend the fact tha Mitchell didn't wear a t-shirt with his prospective opponents' heads on it, while conveniently neglecting to mention that he was arrested in connection with the production of a controlled substance and possession of a class 'A' drug.

Mitchell made his (poor) excuses for the Katsidis loss, and despite Frank Warren giving him the benefit of his support he (Mitchell) was still THICK enough to become embroiled in the drugs incident.

He's Thicky McThick of 12 Thicky Avenue, Thicktown.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:40 pm

Don't forget to mention he blew £100k on alcohol in 8 months.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:42 pm

Scottrf wrote:Don't forget to mention he blew £100k on alcohol in 8 months.

More evidence that Mitchell is thicker than Russell Brand's 'little black book'.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:42 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

Hope Murray smashes him.

#2 - He can't really argue about this one. He was smoked by Katsidis the first time Katsidis really bothered to step up a gear and put the pressure on, once he'd figured he could walk through Mitchell's shots.
#3 - Pointing out that Mitchell had blamed his loss on his arguing with his girlfriend and not his mother is missing the point. He still made the excuse. Contrast with Katsidis who lost his brother a month before fighting JMM, but didn't use that as his excuse.

You then go on to defend the fact tha Mitchell didn't wear a t-shirt with his prospective opponents' heads on it, while conveniently neglecting to mention that he was arrested in connection with the production of a controlled substance and possession of a class 'A' drug.

Mitchell made his (poor) excuses for the Katsidis loss, and despite Frank Warren giving him the benefit of his support he (Mitchell) was still THICK enough to become embroiled in the drugs incident.

The words innocent until proven guilty spring to mind

Your not-afunny mcfunny, of 16 mcanotfunny, notfunnyatallville
Left handed screwdriver

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:44 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

Hope Murray smashes him.

The words innocent until proven guilty spring to mind

Your not-afunny mcfunny, of 16 mcanotfunny, notfunnyatallville
Left handed screwdriver

I take your imitation as a compliment. Show me where I at any time said that Mitchell was guilty of the charges.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:46 pm

alma wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
rowley wrote:In all fairness YT the late Jade Goody had more money than me, would still have backed myself to beat her at Trivial Pursuits.

Mitchell's a former England international, ABA champ, British&Commonwealth champ, World title challenger, still fighting and earning a living at 26, lumbering jack swears on a 606v2 forum, i won't lie people who pretend to be intelligent and call everyone thick makes me cringe, especially when there not doing anything with there lives compared to the people there slating. Kev must be thick, he isn't walking about with a t shirt holding Murray's head, and saying he gonna violate him, put him in hospital, wants his head.

I am intelligent. Your spelling and grammar indicates otherwise......

I don't pretend to be anything out of the ordinary, i can't be that thick though if i can work out your wumming, lovely stuff now Goodbye. In closing, surely if your that much of a brain box you can go get a decent job instead of talking behind a monitor about others been thick.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:48 pm

The truncated version of you are is you're not your. Shows how bright I am, not only do I know this but also have words like truncated at my disposal.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:51 pm

rowley wrote:The truncated version of you are is you're not your. Shows how bright I am, not only do I know this but also have words like truncated at my disposal.

How utterly compunctillious of you. Smile

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:56 pm

rowley wrote:The truncated version of you are is you're not your. Shows how bright I am, not only do I know this but also have words like truncated at my disposal.

And boorish.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jul 2011, 3:01 pm

Too true Tino, didn't want to over use that though don't want people thinking I'm a one trick pony.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 15 Jul 2011, 3:08 pm

rowley wrote:Too true Tino, didn't want to over use that though don't want people thinking I'm a one trick pony.
No, never, just thought you talked a load of pony.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jul 2011, 3:09 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
rowley wrote:Too true Tino, didn't want to over use that though don't want people thinking I'm a one trick pony.

I see what you did there, brilliant.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 15 Jul 2011, 3:14 pm

rowley wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

He made a comedic interjection based upon the premise of the ungulate mammal. How fantastoriffic.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 15 Jul 2011, 3:19 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
rowley wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

He made a comedic interjection based upon the premise of the ungulate mammal. How fantastoriffic.

K

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 15 Jul 2011, 3:33 pm

Towser, loosen up a bit fella. You make yourself a ripe target for an easy ribbing sometimes. It's all in good nature. Mostly, at least. Wink

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down