The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling viewing figures

+5
sodhat
Kenny
Kay Fabe
Crimey
Adam D
9 posters

Go down

Wrestling viewing figures Empty Wrestling viewing figures

Post by Adam D Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:11 pm

UK Ratings for the week ending 3rd July 2011:

IMPACT WRESTLING pulled in 362,000 viewers (including the repeat showing); 152,000 watched WWE RAW Live, with the Thursday & Friday repeats garnering 67,000 combined; 96,000 watched SmackDown on Friday, with 40,000 tuning in to the early Saturday replay; 45,000 then watched WWE Bottom Line directly following.

Impact leading in the UK but obviously its on free TV.

Still interesting to know that it is the most watched in the UK, though.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Wrestling viewing figures Empty Re: Wrestling viewing figures

Post by Crimey Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:13 pm

It's been like that for a while now I think, it's a pity TNA don't take any notice of it though by holding TV events/pay per views over here.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:43 pm

It is on free TV but the viewing figures are excellent, also its not very well promoted, if they promoted it better they could get another 50,000 viewers easily IMO, the reason they wont do a PPV over here is because they can't get on Box Office thanks to terms of the WWE deal with SKY, I'm not sure if PrimeTime are allowed.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:50 am

Im not sure how the viewing figures can really be judged , like has been said tna is free to watch and is shown at a time and night were they will get alot of casual viewers . Raw figure for a live 2am audience is pretty good imo . Figures will not show how many people will like myself skyplus Raw and watch it later were as i watch tna when its on .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:54 am

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:Im not sure how the viewing figures can really be judged , like has been said tna is free to watch and is shown at a time and night were they will get alot of casual viewers . Raw figure for a live 2am audience is pretty good imo . Figures will not show how many people will like myself skyplus Raw and watch it later were as i watch tna when its on .

I think they do the sky+ figures.

I cant believe that 150k plus people stay up for it

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:52 am

I think the figures can be judged, not many weekly 2 hour shows on a free but relatively backwater channel will get 250,000+ viewers, I'd be willing to wager its the highest rated show on the station

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:34 am

I wonder whether this will make WWE work harder in the UK to get audiences and maybe have more PPV's on Sky Sports as opposed to Box Office. They could always put more programming on Sky Three which is on freeview to compete with TNA on a Saturday.

I remember the days when we'd have Heat on channel 4 and the odd PPV too...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:37 am

Hobo wrote:
KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:Im not sure how the viewing figures can really be judged , like has been said tna is free to watch and is shown at a time and night were they will get alot of casual viewers . Raw figure for a live 2am audience is pretty good imo . Figures will not show how many people will like myself skyplus Raw and watch it later were as i watch tna when its on .

There's many a student on their summer holidays, who stay up until about 5am or so each night who will watch it.

I think that these viewings have to take into account that many people in the UK watch WWE shows on the internet the day after they're aired live.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:48 am

So more people watch Bottom Line than Smackdown?

The figures for TNA are pretty impressive, it's poorly promoted and spent a while off of UK television, I would expect it's a very different audience watching TNA to those watching WWE (excluding the 150,000 who watch RAW live). I guess TNA just don't think they'd make much money from a live show or PPV held in the UK, though it would be more money than they make from a PPV at the Impact Zone.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:03 am

BigPhil wrote:
Hobo wrote:

There's many a student on their summer holidays, who stay up until about 5am or so each night who will watch it.

I think that these viewings have to take into account that many people in the UK watch WWE shows on the internet the day after they're aired live.

I watch online, so I'm part of the problem...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:41 am

The viewing figures for TNA a very good, I'm surprised that figures are so high with the delay we have hear to watch it.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:32 am

apparently now TNA xplosion has a new tv slot of 10pm wednesday evenings, which could result in higher viewings for TNA, who are now on challenge tuesday and wednesday evenings at 10pm. For the wednesday PPV showings xplosion will return to its original slot of midnight tuesdays.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:04 am

I'm not sure how much having xplosion on a different day will help, the only reason I watch xplosion is because it's on after Impact.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down