The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is your Favourite Boxer Today?

+17
TopHat24/7
Valero's Conscience
BallchinianMuffwig
Super D Boon
Imperial Ghosty
Day V Lately
School Project
John Bloody Wayne
GaryMabbuttYidLegend
BALTIMORA
Steffan
88Chris05
Michaels, Sean
Rowley
coxy0001
AlexHuckerby
d260005p
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who is your Favourite Boxer Today? - Page 2 Empty Who is your Favourite Boxer Today?

Post by d260005p Mon 18 Jul 2011, 4:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Good afternoon fellow boxing nuts,

This is my first post on this new website after leaving 606 original so ill start with a basic easy post!
Who is your favourite boxer in the sport today and why? Mine would have to be Juan Manuel Marquez. This is because he is an all time warrior who is easy to watch and has a great personality inside and outside the ring. He lays it all down in the ring and i am yet to see him in a fight where he looks bad (Except Mayweather, bit unfair that one in my eyes). I really dont think he gets the credit he deserves as a future hall of famer. Has had some cracking fights in the past and he still blows younger opponents away inside the squared circle. His fights with Pacman, and more recently against Katsidis, were fights i admire. A brilliant boxer, however, i think he will retire at the end of the year at the hands of his foe Pacquiao. I think the weight of 144lbs is too much for him, i really think that if they were to get it on at a reasonable weight of 140lbs then maybe he has a chance, but not at 144lbs. What are your thoughts ladies and gents?

Cheers

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Who is your Favourite Boxer Today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your Favourite Boxer Today?

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:08 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Yes I know! It's like Barry from Auf Wiedesen Pet has taken over the forum!

I liked Barry. He was a good friendly old fashioned Brummie. A dying breed unfortunately

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Who is your Favourite Boxer Today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your Favourite Boxer Today?

Post by Super D Boon Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:10 pm

Steffan wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:Yes I know! It's like Barry from Auf Wiedesen Pet has taken over the forum!

I liked Barry. He was a good friendly old fashioned Brummie. A dying breed unfortunately

Benny from Crossroads was also a nice Brummie chap forgot about him.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:13 pm

Starling coped with all the punches Honey through.....

Bit more to Boxing than throwing lot's of punches kid..

Marlon 9-0 Honey remember..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:13 pm

Lads, for a start I don't live or work in Brum, so I'm not a Brummie. Secondly, I'm not a native midlander, so carry on with your gags.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Starling coped with all the punches Honey through.....

I know there is more to boxing than throwing punches iv been following the sport all my life. I just meant I cant see Floyd getting the counter punches in and racking up points therefore it being a shutout. I could be wrong by its just my opinion. And less of the 'kid' if you please. My old man gets a mouthful if he calls me anything like that and your no different Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:19 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Lads, for a start I don't live or work in Brum, so I'm not a Brummie. Secondly, I'm not a native midlander, so carry on with your gags.

So where you from originally then?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:21 pm

Clottey got counter punches in when he could be bothered....

Manny will slow down eventually..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:22 pm

Steffan wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Lads, for a start I don't live or work in Brum, so I'm not a Brummie. Secondly, I'm not a native midlander, so carry on with your gags.

Lincolnshire, as it goes. Farmer Palmer country.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:25 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Not a great (yet) but Gamboa is unquestionably my favourite fighter at the moment, most exciting boxing on the planet IMO.

Close second, and probably the boxer I admire/respect the most, is Froch. The Calzaghe call-out business put me off him initially but since the Pascal fight I've thought he's great and a refreshing sight for the boxing scene - a go anywhere fight anyone boxer.

Go anywhere!? The bleating he did about Kessler, then refused point blank to fight Abraham in Germany! (Can't say I blame him though).

Offering to fight BHop at a catchweight loses him points in the "fight anyone" category for me considering that Calzaghe moved straight up to Light Heavy to fight him without any weight stipulations.

As much as I'm not a fan I can't argue with Froch's ambition but please people be more objective! You'd think he was Ali the way he's lauded on here! 🤦

I lack objectivity?? Hypocrisy knows no bounds.....I don't think I've seen an objective comment from you regarding Froch (or Calzaghe) ever on 606

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:27 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Lincolnshire, as it goes. Farmer Palmer country.

I dont know much about Lincolnshire but im sure you make good sausages

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:32 pm

Yeah, they're alright. It's all flat there. Flat and farmy.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:36 pm

British
Nathan Cleverly, Kevin Mitchell, Rendall Munroe

World
Sergio Martinez, Victor Ortiz, Robert Guerrero, Timothy Bradley

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Starling coped with all the punches Honey through.....

Was probably the best masterclass i've ever seen, in the opening 25 seconds or so Honeyghan was countered superbly after trying to walk through an ultra sound defensive fighter who was too fast, strong willed and ultimately good for him.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:39 pm

Bradley is a boring ordinary fighter...can't see why anybody would like him...

Cleverly and Mitchell good choices...Munroe is ordinary..

Like the look of Guerrero.......

Who is your favorite??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Bradley is a boring ordinary fighter...can't see why anybody would like him...

Cleverly and Mitchell good choices...Munroe is ordinary..

Like the look of Guerrero.......

Who is your favorite??
Like Bradley always thought he'd smash Khan to bits, too relentless and just as quick, favourite if i had to say probably Cleverly brit wise and Guerrero world wise. Love to watch all the guys mentioned, all quality lads and down to earth, met Mitchell, Munroe and Martinez at shows. You?

Last edited by Young_Towzer on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:45 pm

Why do you want Khan smashed to Brits..He is a British icon..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:47 pm

Khan is about as English as you can get and I cheer him on. For some reason people dont seem to like him

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:49 pm

That's why his brother boxed for Pakistan is it??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why do you want Khan smashed to Brits..He is a British icon..
To be honest with you i didn't mind the guy until he got ultra arrogant, don't like his tone, he's getting ahead of himself, he is also a very, very greedy man who tries to short change other fighters, the McCloskey debacle was really distasteful for an Irish man to take, thank god for the Hearns telling it how it is. Khan won the fight clearly, but the stoppage was a farce and the way he shortchanged McCloskey was baffling considering how many Irish contributed to going, ppv's, etc.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:51 pm

I cheer on Khan. He is exciting to watch. Seems a nice guy too although he does say a few silly things now and again. A class operator

His brother can box for whoever it doenst bother me either way

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:52 pm

Tend to agree Steffan, there isn't a lot wrong with Khan that couldn't be solved by getting himself some new advisors/management and deleting his Twitter account.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:52 pm

You don't think boxing being such a hurt business..he's right to chase every cent!!!!

The opponents don't have to agree to accept what they are offered..

Let's face it they wouldn't get as much against anybody else would they??

He's the draw..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2