The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sooooo Bored 2! World XV using sterotypes.

+8
kiakahaaotearoa
D24tress
ScarletSpiderman
Geordie
Mickado
Effervescing Elephant
Biltong
pete (buachaill on eirne)
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sooooo Bored 2! World XV using sterotypes. Empty Sooooo Bored 2! World XV using sterotypes.

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 2:40 pm

Ok first things first this is awfully close to the prejudice line so let's be careful with our choice of words in this one guys. It's just a bit of fun and not intended to insult anyone so let's try and keep it that way. OK

Not basing this on a countries rugby sterotypes jsut a sterotype in general. is: irish-drink lots or kenyan's are really fast etc.

1 IRAQI'S: Dangerous customers who know all the tricks in the book and on top of that are resilient, determind and hard working.
2 RUSSIANS: Hard men who can hold their drink bigtime. Utterly ruthless and quick feet (the can-can).
3 AMERICANS: Eat a lot and would be big enough to lock out the tighthead side in the scrum. Believe they are the best.
4 GERMANS: Very tall and very efficent, would be great in the engine room. Hard and honest workers.
5 DUTCH: Apparently the tallest nation in the world. So obvious call here, they are pretty tough also in fairness.
6 SCOTS: Tough fella's who don't take any nonesense. Hard as nails and willing to get their hands dirty.
7 COLUMBIANS: A little bit dodge-y, skilled in the art of under the table dealings.
8 ENGLISH: Prim and proper gentlemen who enjoy an honest, physical battle. Proud and wouldn't want to take a backward step.
9 IRISH: Witty, cheeky little buggers, high spirited and nippy and able to get under anyones skin but be very charming to the ref.
10 SWISS: Great thinkers, be it in banking, investing or inventing. Can see the right path and know how to execute their plans.
11 KENYANS: Stupidly fast in a straight line, and can go the distance too, lean and naturally athletic.
12 S.AFRICANS: Hostile and teak tough. Very direct and blunt and have no problem doing the honest, hard work.
13 ITALIANS: Slick individuals, very animated. Sneaky at times and can take someone by surprise on the outside.
14 CHINESE: So far beyond deicated it's not even funny also they are obviously all gymnasts so very agile. Will stop at nothing to succeed.
15 FRENCH: Elegant and well balanced, poised and pensive. Flamboyant and at times excentric and good at cooking up a winning recipe.

So that's my XV anyone got any editions to make, can we make a team to face them?

I think the pack is pretty good especially the second row and backrow not so confident about the back3 what do people think?

Back to top Go down

Sooooo Bored 2! World XV using sterotypes. Empty Re: Sooooo Bored 2! World XV using sterotypes.

Post by Biltong Thu 21 Jul 2011, 2:43 pm

I would move the french to the no 10 position for all your reasons, we need creativity there.

I'll put a West Indian as fullback, they are always laidback and very cool under pressure. Jaaaaaaaaaa Maaaaaaaaaan!
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Sooooo Bored 2! World XV using sterotypes. Empty Re: Sooooo Bored 2! World XV using sterotypes.

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 2:44 pm

Hahahaha I was thinking of putting an Aussie or jamacian at 15 for that very reason. you happy with the S.African placing biltong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 21 Jul 2011, 2:47 pm

Well, anywhere you want to use us to do the hard hitting stuff is fine by me, thanks.

Please just keep us away from the creativity issues. As far as i know if you ask South africans to become creative with a custard tart they use cement instead.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Thu 21 Jul 2011, 2:50 pm

Stereotype rugby XV and you leave out the Welsh. This is going to be painful! I wish you luck Sir!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 2:51 pm

biltongbek wrote:Well, anywhere you want to use us to do the hard hitting stuff is fine by me, thanks.

Please just keep us away from the creativity issues. As far as i know if you ask South africans to become creative with a custard tart they use cement instead.

haha oh self-deprecation is quite humurous.

So thoughts on a second team who can we put where?
So far we have the west Indians at 15. I think the Polish at 1 would be a good bet and possibly the Sweedish at 5???

Carpe: Wasn't really sure what the sterotypical Welsh person was tbh. knew they were confident in their rugby team that's all though. Any insight?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 21 Jul 2011, 2:51 pm

The irony is that Ireland can't produce a scrum half that would make it into anyone's team!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 2:52 pm

Mick-

Yeah I was thinking the same thing when writting it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Thu 21 Jul 2011, 2:56 pm

Pete I believe one of the biggest stereotypes is that they are all, to a man/woman, totally obsessed with rugby. In that situation you could have the Welsh as the coach? The other one is that they spend anytime not playing rugby singing, so maybe the cheerleaders?
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:05 pm

Coach/cheerleader???

I like it! Laugh

Here's the start of another team for the first one to play against

1 Polish: Big, hard working, honesty of effort, not the brightest
5 Sweedish: Very tall, quite efficent as well.
7 Congonesse: Hard b*stards who after years of the Belgians don't mess around.
9 Japanesse: Small, very dedicated, plan ahead, quite calculated, intelligent.
14 Jamacians: I'm thinking the Paul sackey mould. fast (Usain Bolt & Cool Runnings)
15 West Indians: Majorally laid back and cool under pressure.

Any other ideas??

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:13 pm

And you've missed the Aussies!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:17 pm

And the Czech Republic = Germans but not quite.

And the Icelandic people = Crazy mad extreme freaks

Mongolians - Small in stautre but powerful warrior mantality.

Thailand - Small and waiflike..but incredibly powerful (muay thai)

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:18 pm

For the second team you could put the Welsh at Hooker, small and squat and used to 'mining' the ball out of the scrums.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:34 pm

Bulgarian - National sport is weightlifting...

Swedes / Danes = Vikings.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:37 pm

haha well the Bulgarians can go into the second row so.
The mongolians and thai jeez i don't know possibly 12 or 6?????

Welsh at 2 and possibly the Danes at 8??

7 Congonesse: Hard b*stards who after years of the Belgians don't mess around.
14 Jamacians: I'm thinking the Paul sackey mould. fast (Usain Bolt & Cool Runnings)

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:37 pm

North Korea, Burma = Secretive, very much unoticed...= No 7

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:49 pm

Oh good call Geordie!!!

2 Welsh: Completely dedicated to rugby. Short.
3 Bulgarians: Weight lifting is their national sport. Enough said.
4 Czech's: Tall, quite Germanic, built like tractors the lot of them!
6 Mongolians: low to the ground, born warriors
7 Nth korea: Secretive, very much unoticed, cunning
8 Danes: Due to their Viking heratige
10 Aussies: Seriously chilled under pressure and great skill levels.
11 Brazilians: Quick feet from all that footie they play.
12 Thai: Tough and athletic. Exceptionally aggressive.
13 Congonesse: Hard b*stards who after years of the Belgians don't mess around.

What do people think of the second team?????

Shall we pit them against eachother in a vote????

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:04 pm

1 IRAQI'S: Dangerous customers who know all the tricks in the book and on top of that are resilient, determind and hard working.
2 RUSSIANS: Hard men who can hold their drink bigtime. Utterly ruthless and quick feet (the can-can).
3 AMERICANS: Eat a lot and would be big enough to lock out the tighthead side in the scrum. Believe they are the best.
4 GERMANS: Very tall and very efficent, would be great in the engine room. Hard and honest workers.
5 DUTCH: Apparently the tallest nation in the world. So obvious call here, they are pretty tough also in fairness.
6 SCOTS: Tough fella's who don't take any nonesense. Hard as nails and willing to get their hands dirty.
7 COLUMBIANS: A little bit dodge-y, skilled in the art of under the table dealings.
8 ENGLISH: Prim and proper gentlemen who enjoy an honest, physical battle. Proud and wouldn't want to take a backward step.
9 IRISH: Witty, cheeky little buggers, high spirited and nippy and able to get under anyones skin but be very charming to the ref.
10 SWISS: Great thinkers, be it in banking, investing or inventing. Can see the right path and know how to execute their plans.
11 KENYANS: Stupidly fast in a straight line, and can go the distance too, lean and naturally athletic.
12 S.AFRICANS: Hostile and teak tough. Very direct and blunt and have no problem doing the honest, hard work.
13 ITALIANS: Slick individuals, very animated. Sneaky at times and can take someone by surprise on the outside.
14 CHINESE: So far beyond deicated it's not even funny also they are obviously all gymnasts so very agile. Will stop at nothing to succeed.
15 FRENCH: Elegant and well balanced, poised and pensive. Flamboyant and at times excentric and good at cooking up a winning recipe.

VERSUS

1 POLISH: Big, hard working, honesty of effort, not the brightest
2 WELSH: Completely dedicated to rugby. Short.
3 BULGARIANS: Weight lifting is their national sport. Enough said.
4 CZECH'S: Tall, quite Germanic, built like tractors the lot of them!
5 SWEEDISH: Very tall, quite efficent as well.
6 MONGOLIANS: low to the ground, born warriors
7 NORTH KOREANS: Secretive, very much unoticed, cunning
8 DANES: Due to their Viking heratige
9 JAPANESSE: Small, very dedicated, plan ahead, quite calculated, intelligent.
10 AUSSIES: Seriously chilled under pressure and great skill levels.
11 BRAZILIANS: Quick feet from all that footie they play.
12 THAI: Tough and athletic. Exceptionally aggressive.
13 CONGONANS: Hard b*stards who after years of the Belgians don't mess around.
14 JAMACIANS: I'm thinking the Paul sackey mould. fast (Usain Bolt & Cool Runnings)
15 POLANISIANS: Majorally laid back and cool under pressure.

Last edited by pete (buachaill on eirne) on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:10 pm

I think the 1st team has a serious advantage from 1-5 but team B has a much more aggressive backrow.

The halfbacks are pretty equal.

Team B has a better centre pairing I think.

The back3 is really hard to compare.

I think the big game players will be the Iraqi's, Germans, Columbians and Swiss for team A.

For team B I'd say the Bulgarians, Mongolians and Koreans and possibly the Congonans.

Great match ups:
The Iraqi's versus the Bulgarians. Subtle aggression versus raw strength.
The Columbians versus the North Koreans. Two real sneaky sevens.
The Irish versus the Japanesse. Quick thinking versus calculated inteligence
The S.African's and the Thai. Out and out agression.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:17 pm

One thing though pete....

Are Jamaicans and West indians not the same thing....or are you playing the system? Very Happy

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:19 pm

Jeez didn't even cross my mind what you think??

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:19 pm

Who do you reckon would win too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:22 pm

Well you could take out West Indian and put in Polynesian....

I think the B team would win.

I forgot the Georgians aswell...another whose national sport is Weight training ( though i believe rugby is rapidly taking over)

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:24 pm

ok yeah they are pretty laid back too in all fairness. Will put em on at 15.

Really? Team B? I think their scrum could get mangled. They have some cutting edge in the centres though, think the Italians at 13 could be a weak point for team A.

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:25 pm

eh pete rog actually has a better defence record for the 5 minute he was on the pitch then the ozzie or swiss

he also made more tackles when he came on as a sub and i'll think you'll find that denis leamy has a better discipline record then the north koreans

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:27 pm

Hahahahahahaha! I'm laughing now but earlier I was slamming by head against my desk....no one in the office understood why....

In all fairness wouldn't be hard to have a better disciplinary record than the N.Koreans! hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:31 pm

Teams B's Scrum Pete.Really?

With a couple of Marius Pudzianowski's from Poland, Bulgaria and the Cech Republic. Add in a big viking from Sweden....

Nah...they wont take a backward step. Then with the Aussies pulling the string with those speedsters outside..no probs.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:36 pm

Iraqi's Russians Americans
Germans Dutch

vs

Polish Welsh Bulgarians
Czech Sweedish

I don't know I think the welsh and Sweedish are a weak link here.

I think the Columbians could be all over the Aussies too

Team B to have more pace to burn however in the back 3

Kenyans French Chinesse
Versus
Brazilians Polonesse Jamacians

The Kenyans are the only real speedsters in Team A.

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:37 pm

The Swiss are very clever too

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 21 Jul 2011, 4:58 pm

Jamaicans at loosehead simply because they´re on the ganja all day.

I would shift the Dutch into 2 as those Amsterdam hookers are world famous.

Got to be the Scots at number three because they are the best tight forwards you could ask for.

The Swiss at lock because their locks are safe as houses or banks.

Probably the Scots again because they have the most famous loch in the world.

Americans, land of the super obese, make for brilliant blind sides. Very difficult to get round and have tunnel vision on defence and attack. They only know one way: the nearest McDonald´s.

Gypsies are deft at putting those hands where they shouldn´t be and stealing possession.

Number 8 economy in the world is California. Number 8 for me in rugby are the Chinese. Toilers, hard working, never rest and always a little on the offside in the happening.

Number 9: Aussies. Chatterbox sledgers, annoying whilst at the same time being charismatic, always good for a few bevvies after.

Number 10. The English have the most famous No. 10: Downing St. They´ll stamp down on any hacking into the team website and can always weave their spin magic on and off the field.

Inside Centre: Lapland. Know one has a better understanding of the responsibilities of Santa than these guys

Outside Santa: Antartica. No one is more qualified than these guys. They´re as out of Santa as can be.

Left wing: Cuba. They´re one of the last bastions of left wingers so they´ve got my vote.

Right wing: Actually a scary amount of candidates for this one but I´m going for the Finnish as they had the gall to complain about immigrants when they comprise less than 2 per cent of the population. More right wing for the job I cannot think of.

Fullback. Germans. Possibly the most famous of naturalists. They also show full front on attack as well. Just close your eyes when they do.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:08 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Jamaicans at loosehead simply because they´re on the ganja all day.

Got to be the Scots at number three because they are the best tight forwards you could ask for.

Americans, land of the super obese, make for brilliant blind sides. Very difficult to get round and have tunnel vision on defence and attack. They only know one way: the nearest McDonald´s.

Gypsies are deft at putting those hands where they shouldn´t be and stealing possession.

Number 8 economy in the world is California. Number 8 for me in rugby are the Chinese. Toilers, hard working, never rest and always a little on the offside in the happening.

Number 9: Aussies. Chatterbox sledgers, annoying whilst at the same time being charismatic, always good for a few bevvies after.

Number 10. The English have the most famous No. 10: Downing St. They´ll stamp down on any hacking into the team website and can always weave their spin magic on and off the field.

Inside Centre: Lapland. Know one has a better understanding of the responsibilities of Santa than these guys

Outside Santa: Antartica. No one is more qualified than these guys. They´re as out of Santa as can be.

Left wing: Cuba. They´re one of the last bastions of left wingers so they´ve got my vote.

Right wing: Actually a scary amount of candidates for this one but I´m going for the Finnish as they had the gall to complain about immigrants when they comprise less than 2 per cent of the population. More right wing for the job I cannot think of.

Fullback. Germans. Possibly the most famous of naturalists. They also show full front on attack as well. Just close your eyes when they do.

So many puns in there I don't knw where to begin like the Amsterdam hookers bit though! Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:13 pm

I guess we now have a team C.

So who would win between the 3 teams????

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:30 pm

Damni it, I was going to make a joke about Amsterdam hookers! Supposed they're well used to having balls all over the place though.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:33 pm

They won´t last long on the field though because they´re all too used to the colour red.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:25 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Oh good call Geordie!!!

2 Welsh: Completely dedicated to rugby. Short.
3 Bulgarians: Weight lifting is their national sport. Enough said.
4 Czech's: Tall, quite Germanic, built like tractors the lot of them!
6 Mongolians: low to the ground, born warriors
7 Nth korea: Secretive, very much unoticed, cunning
8 Danes: Due to their Viking heratige
10 Aussies: Seriously chilled under pressure and great skill levels.
11 Brazilians: Quick feet from all that footie they play.
12 Thai: Tough and athletic. Exceptionally aggressive.
13 Congonesse: Hard b*stards who after years of the Belgians don't mess around.

What do people think of the second team?????

Shall we pit them against eachother in a vote????

oi i am welsh, aged 16 and 6ft 1!!!!!!!!!!!! i AM NOT SHORT!

welsh at second row as we powered britain with our bloody coal mines Wink

the irish should also be captain i mean look at that guy off the apprentice, could sweet talk the ref Wink

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Bombardier Fri 22 Jul 2011, 8:51 am

1. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
2. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
3. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
4. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
5. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
6. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
7. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
8. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
9. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
10. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
11. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
12. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
13. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
14. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
15. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand

Bombardier

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:31 am

Bombardier wrote:1. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
2. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
3. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
4. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
5. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
6. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
7. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
8. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
9. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
10. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
11. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
12. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
13. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
14. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand
15. A newzealander: traditionally the best rugby players come from New zealand

Sad

Most likely the second best team won't feature any South africans either. Hug
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:05 am

What about starting a Sports / Celebrity XV Pete?

With Shaq O'Neil at 5, Bruce Lee at 9 etc?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:19 am

Crisps XV, you know you want to!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:22 am

How about CHEESE.

There are many, many cheeses to select from.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:29 am

Cheddar at no 8. Strong, well rounded and goes well on toast. Perfect!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:33 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Jamaicans at loosehead simply because they´re on the ganja all day.

Very Happy I like it kia

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 22 Jul 2011, 11:37 am

Yeah don't worry lads something else will crop up I can feel it. I think for today's one I will do vechiles of any nature. Crane at 5. Fighter jet at 11. Moped at 9 etc. What do you think of that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:05 pm

DO IT!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:05 pm

Or what about a 606 Member XV

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:17 pm

Hmm may do that on Monday that's a great idea! hahahahaha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:19 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Or what about a 606 Member XV

Good idea, need to ask the guys what positions they played.

I was loooooooooooose head.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:26 pm

Centre, Wing....emergency flanker. 16st, 6'1.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:29 pm

Yeah I'm game will post it after lunch

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 22 Jul 2011, 1:49 pm

Second Row (very lightweight option though)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next