The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site improvement idea: can we have categories for teams?

5 posters

Go down

Site improvement idea: can we have categories for teams? Empty Site improvement idea: can we have categories for teams?

Post by antoineclarke Fri 22 Jul 2011, 2:16 pm

At the moment, it's a bit of a drag to read through lists of tedious discussion about teams one doesn't care about.

I'm sure non-Liverpool fans would want to miss my comments and postings too! raspberry
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Site improvement idea: can we have categories for teams? Empty Re: Site improvement idea: can we have categories for teams?

Post by Fernando Fri 22 Jul 2011, 2:18 pm

we actually had them to begin with but we don't have enough football posters to require actually returning them. personally i think it's better without them cos people from other teams comment say the arsenal bid for jagielka article, not everyone in there is an arsenal fan or everton but it brings good debate.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Site improvement idea: can we have categories for teams? Empty Re: Site improvement idea: can we have categories for teams?

Post by Crimey Fri 22 Jul 2011, 2:20 pm

We've had this discussion before plenty of times. I just dont' see the advantages of having everybody seperated off from each other. It means debate is spread out, and creates a "us against them" mentality. I know of plenty of people, including myself, who were put off from the football boards because of the way that everybody defended their own 'turf' and going into another team's section was seen as wrong, where's the fun in that?

It's not like there are that many threads to get through, and to be honest, you should enjoy debating about other people's teams just as much as your own. I think if the football section really kicks off when the new season begins and is cluttered, unorganised etc. there would be a better argument for the use of catergories for each teams, but at the moment I can't see any advantages to the system. Feel free to disagree.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:21 pm

Maybe the way around it is to have everything listed in the central Football (or Rugby or Cricket) section as it currently is but then to also list them in the respective Club sections as well - so if someone only wants to comment on threads about their respective clubs they can - but if they want to see what wider threads there are they just go to the football section.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:22 pm

The only thing is that there isn't that many football posters (which seems strange to me), but this could work for the Rugby Union board which seems to be popular

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by antoineclarke Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:33 pm

I agree it's not a problem with relatively small number of posters. As to "us and them" that's football fans! Part of the fun, so long as not over-abusive.

At least we let off steam bashing keyboards instead of hanging around railway stations looking for a ruck... boxing
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by antoineclarke Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:34 pm

Incidentally, I agree with not having them when postings are not frequent: there's defo a minimum activity level needed.
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:05 pm

Yeah, at the moment I think the system we have now is fine, if when the new season starts there is an influx of football posters and the board gets a bit clustered it will be considered.

Smirnoff priest, I agree that would be ideal, but I think we have tried that and can't find a way with our current hosts to accomidate that idea.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:13 pm

Ahh ok - It's always annoying when you spend time building up a system/website and then the host can't/won't accomodate extra functionality - or will but only for a large investment.

Ohh well - as has been said it's fine as it is at the moment with the level of traffic but would be worth looking into if there's a dramatic increase

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:14 pm

Noted OK

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagman Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:16 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Noted OK

Why is your post in red

Bagman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:34 pm

Bagman wrote:

Why is your post in red

because that's what color moderators use when dealing with issues etc

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagman Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:20 pm

fernando wrote:
Bagman wrote:

Why is your post in red

because that's what color moderators use when dealing with issues etc

I've never seen it used on the golf board

Bagman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:23 pm

its because you lot behave and davie is good at his job so it never comes to it.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down