The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ukrainian boxer

2 posters

Go down

Ukrainian boxer Empty Ukrainian boxer

Post by azania Thu 17 Feb 2011, 11:45 am

Who was that Ukrainian boxer who wont the best boxer award at the last olympics? I cant recall his name or if he has turned pro yet. I remember him having excellent skills and thought he would go very far as a pro. I think he was a featherweight.

Who was he and how is he doing as a pro (if he is a pro)?

azania

Back to top Go down

Ukrainian boxer Empty Re: Ukrainian boxer

Post by Bob Thu 17 Feb 2011, 7:10 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasyl_Lomachenko

Vasyl Anatoliyovich Lomachenko won gold at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China. He avenged his 2007 World Championship defeat to Selimov in the first round. Lomachenko beat his five opponents by an astonishing 58-13 on the way to his first gold medal, and was subsequently named the outstanding boxer for the tournament and awarded the Val Barker Trophy.

Last edited by Y I Man on Thu 17 Feb 2011, 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add brief description to link)

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 Feb 2011, 3:23 pm

Bob wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasyl_Lomachenko

Vasyl Anatoliyovich Lomachenko won gold at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China. He avenged his 2007 World Championship defeat to Selimov in the first round. Lomachenko beat his five opponents by an astonishing 58-13 on the way to his first gold medal, and was subsequently named the outstanding boxer for the tournament and awarded the Val Barker Trophy.

Cheers Bob. Is he a pro now and if so, how's he doing? He looked terrific at the olympics.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down